What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A few pictures from a dinosaur

superpedro

Veteran
It's been like 8-9 years since I last posted some pictures. But the virus has given me some spare time, and why not use 3 weeks to show the finish of a white russian grow.
WR after 6 weeks of flower (A single auroa indica hiding in the back):
picture.php

picture.php

And yes, you can call me a dino. I still use bagsoil, 600w hps and the cheapest fertilizer i can find.
I am looking at LED, but my setup is fine tuned for HPS. It's a hard choice for me.

:tiphat:

superpedro

Veteran
My 4x4 tent i hooked up to the heat exchange system i use for venting my house.
It only consumes 80watts of power.
It work by passive extraction of heat from the outlet to heat up the intake air.
It has a nice controler, auto bypass and so on.

picture.php

For veg and flower, i pull 20C air directly from house through the tent. That gives me 20 degrees at nighttime, and 25 with light on. Use a humidifier outside the tent to maintain 50% humidity in veg and 45% i flower.
growing by night, and pulling air from beedrooms, means I'm growing at 700-900ppm CO2 with my current exhaust level.
For the last two weeks i adjust my setup, and use dry fresh air at about 16 degrees at the intake.

:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Very nice superpedro - and thanks for sharing -

*I must be stoned - because those happy plants are dancing to Russian music in my head now - lol

superpedro

Veteran
In one of the WR plants I had to deal with slightly low K. But seems not to have hurt the outcome.
picture.php

Anyway. Max air circulation now, and started dropping temp and humidity.

Last edited:

superpedro

Veteran
My go to night time smoke, for the past 10 years. Aurora indica.
Not the strongest weed ind the world, but perfectly balanced IMO. Not sleepy but easy to sleep :)

picture.php

RudeDog

Veteran
Beautiful plants superpedro. I've also got more time on my hands due to the current climate.

superpedro

Veteran
Beautiful plants superpedro. I've also got more time on my hands due to the current climate.

Introvert dream vacation:woohoo:

Actually, my 82 year old mom (Almost better fitness than myself) has been down with a bad virus and in quarantine. They visited her, told her she probably had the corona. But at the moment they won't do any testing, unless your condition needs threatment.
This morning for the first time in 18 days, she felt better than the day before.
So I'm quite happy now.:)

And weather is amazing these days where I live. Springtime gardening with my wife and daughter. + Harvest in the tent is not far away
:dance013:

superpedro

Veteran
Hi :tiphat:

14 days left. Cold, dry and no nutrients.

This may be my last HPS grow. I am thinking about giving LED a try.
I've been using LEDs over my reef tanks, and found it to be a bit expensive when you look at lifespan/fade. But i liked the coverage/penetration.
Maybee a dinosaur can evolve a bit. But I have a long time to think about it.

This is the final indoor grow this season. I'm moving outdoors and in greenhouse for the next couple of months.
Summertime means I can't control my indoor temp 100%, and I had entire grow destroyed by to high temp in late flowering, turning everything dull. And it is the perfect way to avoid pests.

Enjoy HPS light while you can!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stay safe out there.
My mom is getting better by the day, but this really was a rough one.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My go to night time smoke, for the past 10 years. Aurora indica.
Not the strongest weed ind the world, but perfectly balanced IMO. Not sleepy but easy to sleep :)

View Image

Look well just received a cut of this from a regular seed so look forward to this :tiphat:

superpedro

Veteran
Been looking at LED lights today.
The Mars TS1000 looks interesting.
I'd rather run 4 of those turned down to same total power as of the TS3000.
That would give me even better coverage, split the same output to more LEDs with more cooling surface, make them a bit more efficient and improve longevity.
It's less than 100euro more than a single TS3000
:chin:

superpedro

Veteran
Thanks guys :)

Superpedro cracking setup buds look excellent
In right hand corner is that intake with silencer
No, that is just me running out of air hose and using a pipe instead. :)
Noise is no problem, it's a room attached but separate from my house.

superpedro

Veteran
Best thing I have ever bought in regards to indoor grow, must be the heat exchange.
In my semi-cold county we use some sort of heat source for 8-9 months a year.
When I add some 600watts of heat to my outlet, i get around 500watts in return as fresh heated air, free of charge. :)

Nay Hay

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing. I've been dreaming about setting up an air exchange with the house too!

moritzst

hey, for growing summertimes led light must be quite interessting, in winter you may add extra heat i think? well, OD is waiting :) this white russion has no intense aroma as i know her but has a great stone... you did her great....and also well Outdoors, innit?

greez

superpedro

Veteran

hey, for growing summertimes led light must be quite interessting, in winter you may add extra heat i think? well, OD is waiting :) this white russion has no intense aroma as i know her but has a great stone... you did her great....and also well Outdoors, innit?

greez
I don't think I will do any growing indoors in the summer anyway. Chance of indoor pest infestation are just too high, and I enjoy the lower maintenance demand of outdoors. :)

My heat exchange delievers VERY dry air. If I pull 20C dry air from my bedrooms with high CO2, my hopes are I will be able get more heat simply by lowering exhaust level. I would like avoid dehumidifyer. But time will tell.

I agree WR doesn't stand out as big aroma. But allmost no smell until this week. Now I get that good old scool weed stank when opening the tent.
The aurora indica has a great aroma. The peach flavor doesnt shine through in the smoke, but super nice anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts