What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sister in law fighting cancer-Rick Simpson Oil

MoPho

Hi,

I have a sister in law that is battling a brain tumor for the 3rd time. I've done as much research as I can in regards to the process of making the RSO. But I still have a few questions.

1. Do I make it with fresh/wet or dried bud/trim?
2. What is the proper ratio of ISO alcohol (99%) to bud material?
3. Can RSO be smoked in a vape pen? If so how?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
:thank you:

1 dried bud is best especially for a begginer, just go to phoenix tears dot com everything you need to know is right there.
2 piss the iso into your mason canning jar until the ISO is about 1/2 an inch above the bud material.
3 No RSO is RSO the idea is to eat the oil Simpson says 90% of the health benefits are lost if smoked so why do your own thing just eat it like he says. Follow his protocol and cross your fingers it does not work for everybody but lots of people have good luck. Best Wishes

Radic

Hi MoPho
print that out and follow the directions.
imho..
Ethanol is safer to use and makes a whole plant extract...

fresh bud will make cannabinolic acid extract eg THCA CBDA etc...
THCA has no psychotropic effects so its good for morning doses.

dry bud will make an activated extract eg THC CBD ect..
THC is good at night for sleep.

make both for you friend..

yes you can smoke alcohol extracts, when you strip out all the alcohol 100%..
residual alcohol will make it taste too yucky to smoke or vaporize

My understanding is THCa is converted to THC in the liver if eaten however the body does not do a very efficient job in the conversion, I do know when trimming if you eat the scissor hash like I do it is deffinately psychoactive. 99% ISO does a fine job of extracting oil I find it actually works better than the ethanol because it contains less water and in most cases a whole lot cheaper.
Here's the deal If you have cancer you have a real serious problem, you may only get 1 shot at killing the cancer before it gains the upper hand and kills you so why fuck around ? None of this has been studied comprehensively just in bits and pieces, the only way we have of trying to predict future outcomes is based on past outcomes the only person I know of that has enough experience to try to predict an outcome for people would be Rick Simpson so this is what I would recommend for anybody
dealing with cancer. Check out Rick Simpsons fb and Phoenix Tears site, make and use the oil according to the cancer protocol Rick Simpson has spelled out, say your prayers. Few people like the affect of high THC levels many think they can make several compromises to Rick Simpsons cancer protocol to mitigate the psychoactive affects of THC just remember every compromise is a compromise to your chance of beating this uglyness.

Runt

I´d use ethanol as that´s what Rick uses -1lb of bud to seven liters of ethanol if I remember correctly. Good luck.

Phagoos

Rick used naphtha, not ethanol.
W.r.t. psychoactive effects you might try to use it as a suppository. I've seen a video where a woman told that she slept like 24 hours a day when using 1 gram orally. However after switching to a suppository with the same amount she is now able to function normally.

LostTribe

Premium user
yes rick used naphtha not ethanol.....

I would suggest you check out the thread hash oil cures cancer by ioni botani i also started a thread in the concentrates forum called treating cancer with concentrates.....brother gray wolf is there too he is the one to ask when it matters most.

I think he will suggest a coconut oil mix or his holy oil concentrate mix.

Best,

LT

The Almighty Be With You

Last edited:

TerpeneDream

I used Everclear. Coconut oil sounds really nice and I think I may try that next. Thanks lost tribe!

But, if you do use Everclear, I would slowly let it evaporate as to not heat damage

Consume orally for fullest results

Best of luck

:)

MoPho

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62670&pictureid=1479641&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hi MoPho
print that out and follow the directions.
imho..
Ethanol is safer to use and makes a whole plant extract...

make both for you friend..

yes you can smoke alcohol extracts, when you strip out all the alcohol 100%..
residual alcohol will make it taste too yucky to smoke or vaporize

I am sorry, but print what?

I want to thank everyone that responded. :tiphat:

Let's do a quick run down to see if I am on the right path
1. I have both dried and fresh bud/trimming
2. 99% iso rubbing alcohol
3. A rice cooker
4. Coffee maker
5. Coffee filter
6. Glass jar

I should mix 7 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part plant material. Soak for 3-5 minutes then strain through a coffee filter. Cook liquid in rice cooker until almost all the alcohol is gone then add a bit of water. Transfer into a smaller vessel and then finish cooking on the coffee maker.

That's what I took from the videos I've seen, is there anything I am missing?

BTW my sister in law doesn't like the effects of weed so I am guessing eating it would be the best route to go?

MoPho

One more question.

Will soaking it longer ( few hours or even over night) be better? Will it extract more thc/cbd etc?

TerpeneDream

I used Everclear. Coconut oil sounds really nice and I think I may try that next. Thanks lost tribe!

But, if you do use Everclear, I would slowly let it evaporate as to not heat damage

Consume orally for fullest results

Best of luck

:)

Nice:

This coconut oil thing does sound a lot of gentler tho, and you could eat the whole plant that way...

TerpeneDream

One more question.

Will soaking it longer ( few hours or even over night) be better? Will it extract more thc/cbd etc?

You know, some people (Rick Simpson, namely) says only 3 minutes.

Well sure, shorter times may make the oil the most potent by weight,

But,

if soaking longer still gives you a noticeably…KEY… as we don't exactly first hand see the cancer disappearing as intense as we notice "high",

well, then,

How could all that extra chlorophyll and plant matter hurt?

I think we ought to try to consume all of the plant

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi,

I have a sister in law that is battling a brain tumor for the 3rd time. I've done as much research as I can in regards to the process of making the RSO. But I still have a few questions.

1. Do I make it with fresh/wet or dried bud/trim?
2. What is the proper ratio of ISO alcohol (99%) to bud material?
3. Can RSO be smoked in a vape pen? If so how?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
:thank you:

I suggest using a QWET technique with 190 proof/99.5% Ethanol, decarboxylate it so that it passes the blood/brain barrier, and turn it into Holy Shit oil/

You can also make suppositories by buying the disposable molds on line and mixing the cannabis oil dose with coco cutter while molten and pouring it into the molds. Use raw Absolutes for this purpose, not HS Oil with cinnamon, or it will burn.

For patients who the psychoactive effects are a problem, try giving them 3X the oil dose in Citicolene, twenty minutes before the oil dose.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anointing-oil-and-holy-shit/

You can use raw QWET in an e-pen skillet, or mix with PG/VG/PEG

MoPho

While reading and watching videos on making various oil, hash, shatters etc. I've notice quite a few people decarboxylate their weed. Do you think by decarboxylating before making RSO is a good idea?

Once again a great big thank you to all the people that responded.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While reading and watching videos on making various oil, hash, shatters etc. I've notice quite a few people decarboxylate their weed. Do you think by decarboxylating before making RSO is a good idea?

Once again a great big thank you to all the people that responded.

I prefer to decarboxylate after extraction, so I can gauge progress by watching the CO2 bubbles.

Radic

Yes..MoPho,,,, right at the end

the tiny bubbles are the acid molecules dropping of the cannabinoils and becoming co2..
that is the decarb.,
it is all fully decarboxulated when it stops bubbling.