What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
tiger tail. Now it's not sticky. In the past it was more sticky. Effect is the same but lighter. Because curing?

I would suspect YES because I found the same with modern cured (jar) buds they lacked real power as in trippy effects.

How many days in the box in the video? Very interesting technique.

I used to find very strong trippy effects on the cured buds in Africa all the time.

Last edited:

LHC

Smell is pleasant. Sourdough sweet hash. Dry to the touch
Me and some friends tried the at little bit of a cob last weekend. It is made of the Thai Chi strain. It has now cured for a couple of weeks after fermenting. Smell is quite strong, like a mix between flower and hashish with a sour touch. We smoked it in a bong, and the effect was strong and with a heavy stoned experience. The effect of the Thai Chi consumed as flower is zen like with an inner uplifting energy. So the cobs have taken on a more couchlock effect. Looking forward to see how it develops.

Tangwena

Veteran
Me and some friends tried the at little bit of a cob last weekend. It is made of the Thai Chi strain. It has now cured for a couple of weeks after fermenting. Smell is quite strong, like a mix between flower and hashish with a sour touch. We smoked it in a bong, and the effect was strong and with a heavy stoned experience. The effect of the Thai Chi consumed as flower is zen like with an inner uplifting energy. So the cobs have taken on a more couchlock effect. Looking forward to see how it develops.
Yes thats typical of young cured cob. I had some GT cob years ago that was so stoney for the first couple of months I gave most of it away as I dont like couch lock weed.
After 6 months it started to get euphoric and by 9 months aging was real space cadet gear.
I never made that mistake again now I try not to test the cobs until they are at least 6 months old.

LHC

Yes thats typical of young cured cob. I had some GT cob years ago that was so stoney for the first couple of months I gave most of it away as I dont like couch lock weed.
After 6 months it started to get euphoric and by 9 months aging was real space cadet gear.
I never made that mistake again now I try not to test the cobs until they are at least 6 months old.
Good info @Tangwena
Looking forward to space cadet stage:dance013:

weedebook

my first malawi cob 24-30 hour outside revac and dry a bit and reseal .
smell before pungent lemon
after smell so sweet like Nypa fruticans
if cure for a month or above Will smell change?
Thank you .
i had old bud jar cure and try use method when smoke it so sweet and effect change
before: head high sleepy headache
after" head high and a little body relax headache has gone.
thank you tangwena bring back this method.

Attachments

• inbound2271966596112346420.jpg
    inbound2271966596112346420.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 39
  • inbound266465435440020089.jpg
    inbound266465435440020089.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
before open seal i use a magnifying glass to look and notice see a litlle water droplets. and revac put her under modem router is it still ferment ?
For sure I could feel the vibes as I read your post, in my minds eye the buds looked sweet.

Who needs face book ha ha.
This Mulanje I just chewed is a real trippy high.
That ones gonna get another grow fo sho.
Thats one benefit of lightly seeded cob. Little jewels from the mother of the high your enjoying at that moment in time ha ha.

Last edited:

ost

i saught on to that effect ,with the first two cobs i did ,gifted the first 1 to a friend, the second lay in the lock box for about six more weeks before i worked the nerve to try it out! i was suprised when the cob brightned up the day even for a heavy smoker!@ Tangwena, thanks for keeping this part of the forum rolling ahead!

blondie

Opening these two for the first time. They’ve been stewing 2 or so weeks. Smell is unusual. Not bad, but just not a smell I’ve encountered and not really sure how to describe. I just snuffed it once again and it’s quite clear now. To anyone who recalls walking into a hickory farms store back something like in the 80s the smell is quite reminiscent of that. Something like light hickory smoked herbs. Or maybe the cooked weed I ate is skewing my senses..

How long is recommended to let them dry for? They are fairly moist, almost wet.

Attachments

• 728E6F0D-4EEF-4A40-A6A5-2FB557822213.jpeg
    728E6F0D-4EEF-4A40-A6A5-2FB557822213.jpeg
    629.9 KB · Views: 40

Tangwena

Veteran
Opening these two for the first time. They’ve been stewing 2 or so weeks. Smell is unusual. Not bad, but just not a smell I’ve encountered and not really sure how to describe. I just snuffed it once again and it’s quite clear now. To anyone who recalls walking into a hickory farms store back something like in the 80s the smell is quite reminiscent of that. Something like light hickory smoked herbs. Or maybe the cooked weed I ate is skewing my senses..

How long is recommended to let them dry for? They are fairly moist, almost wet.
They look well done from the pics I would dry them very slowly until only slightly moist in the core but otherwise dry on the outside.
Once done either use now or seal up to age.
Aging is very beneficial to potent pot like that KA5 should kick ass once aged.

Latest posts

Latest posts