What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ocean Water and Trace Minerals

BloomBlood

For some time now I've been using clean ocean water once or twice a month diluted in my water when feeding, the reason being there are 90 or more trace minerals in sea water and basically in layman's terms all life originally comes or came from the ocean.

I normally use a ratio of about 20 ml of ocean water to 4 ltrs of fresh water but yesterday I read an article from 2006 about the use of diluted ocean water not only for the soil but also as a foiler and at a ratio of as much as 100 ml to 4 ltrs.

Do any of you fellow growers utilise the benefits of ocean water? And if you do how often and at what ratio?

A little definetly goes a long way so please use very sparingly and start of light if your new to this ?

Mattbho

Product out there called sm90 its concentrated sea water it works wonders spraying leaves at lights out. Im sure many people use it

Joint Lock

wonder what the mixing ratio is of SM90 as i reefer head (corals) and aquariums i know the reefs run about 1.026 in salinity (SALT) and i use a salt straight from the sea (RED SEA SALT) ???

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I don't use seawater but do add YAPI Marine Complete Trace which restores all trace elements (plus iodine) found in sea water.

..... been using it for quite awhile and plants look good!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts