What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Prescription drug interaction

Dblbogey

Does anyone take prescription drugs like xanax, cymbalta, proscar, blood thinners, synthroid or others, along with Indica or Sativa dominant cannabis?

If so, do you notice any effects on the quality of your high?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have heard that you shouldn't take cbd if you take a drug that warns you not to eat grapefruit.
Like cholesterol drugs

Vandenberg

Blood thinners can be affected I see...

Blood thinners can be affected I see...

CBD can increase the level in your blood of the blood thinner coumadin (Warfarin) and it can raise levels of certain other medications in your blood by the exact same mechanism that grapefruit juice does.
A significant safety concern with CBD is that it is primarily marketed and sold as a supplement, not a medication.
Currently, the FDA does not regulate the safety and purity of dietary supplements.
So you cannot know for sure that the product you buy has active ingredients at the dose listed on the label.
In addition, the product may contain other (unknown) elements.
We also don’t know the most effective therapeutic dose of CBD for any particular medical condition.

Cannabidiol (CBD) — what we know and what we don’t - Harvard Health Blog https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...ease the level,a supplement, not a medication.

Vandenberg :)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been taking synthroid and puffing very hard for years with no ill effects. The majority of my thyroid was removed at age 11, most of my life I didnt take synthroid as i came from a family of 5 boys and you might say I sort of slipped through the cracks. As an adult when it was discovered my levels were low my doctor prescribed knowing very well that I use and grow cannabis. Cant give an opinion on any of the other prescription drugs you mention as I dont use them.

thailer

wellbutrin makes it difficult to feel stoned. i think it has something to do with how it reduces pleasure of smoking cigarettes. i mean you feel like you're sorta stoned and maybe if you smoke a little more you'll get high but then you end up smoking all day and feel the same. when you quit taking it a few days go by and BAM you are high AF.

Latest posts

Latest posts