Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > The Gummy Trials: The Last Gummy Recipe

Thread Title Search
The Gummy Trials: The Last Gummy Recipe Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2019, 09:50 PM #1
Arthritis_sucks
The Dude

Arthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant future
The Gummy Trials: The Last Gummy Recipe

Most have tried, some have succeeded to a degree with issues ranging from shelf life, texture, moisture content and flavor of their gummies. I've tried on numerous occasions where they turned out either gritty or runny where they didn't set, and my closest was the "if you keep them in the fridge they're cool" run...….that's where I gave up the last time on Oahu when I tried.

I've read over a bunch of recipes an found correlating "make it or break it" ingredients an steps to follow that'll make sure you get the best possible gummies. I started my first recipe I thought was going to be the best with a few tweaks. I'm going to try a few others during this week as time allows. Once the recipe is perfected, will work on the potency/flavor measurement. There is a threshold of extract the gummy will hold before it starts to taste like a Cheeba Chew, which is cool for some just not me. I want to enjoy the gummy an the flavors we create here.

Here's the ingredients from the first recipe:

*6 oz. (Big box of jello) of flavored jello
*1/2 cup granulated sugar (fine/bakers sugar is best)
*5 tablespoons of Knox or other quality gelatin
*1 cup COLD fruit juice (preferably 100% pure)
*1 teaspoon soy lecithin or sunflower lecithin
*5 tablespoons infused coconut oil
*1 tablespoon vegtable glycerin
*2 drops Loranns Mold Inhibitor
*2 drops Loranns Preserve-it antioxidants
*10-20 drops Loranns flavoring (more towards the 20-30 depending on strength)

Supplies:
Silicone molds, any tray that will fit the molds to fill an set in freezer, medium size pot, transfer container like a condiment bottle or injection syringe, candy thermometer, teaspoon, tablespoon an a measuring cup.

Step one:
Take all the dry ingredients an mix them in the medium pot.

Step two
Take 1 cup of COLD juice, this can be a mix like 3/4 cup tart cherry juice and 1/4 coconut water but try to use 100% juice types (I prefer to use pure tart cherry juice) and add to the pot an mix. I used a egg beater attachment on my hand mixer to make sure everything for mixed well. Once mixed you cover for 20 minutes.

Step three:
Now the heat comes into play which is key just like a hard ball set or a chocolate temper. Stick your candy thermometer in now once the 20 minutes have passed and slowly bring to 140 but DO NOT MIX BEFORE!!!!! This is crucial, so when it hits 140 you gently whisk untill you get to 160.

Step four:
Now that we hit the golden temperature you want to whisk in the lecithin, coconut oil, vegtable glycerin, flavoring, antioxidant an mold inhibitor drops an mix well. Pay close attention to the temperature not to go above 180 yet as close to 160 as possible.

Step five:
Once everything is mixed together you can fill your transfer vessel an start filling your gummy molds.

Step six:
Once filled you're going to move them into the freezer for 1 hour.

Step seven:
After the hour you just pop them out an use a big cookie sheet to stand them up like an army or dank gummies so they can dry for 2-3 days (still in the R&D on dry times). I've read some do a corn starch toss, or you can do the 3 tsp citric acid powder to 1 cup bakers sugar toss then hit with a corn starch toss. Many possibilities with the end coating or just plain.

First attempt at sour gummies......

The start of something beautiful.....

Feel free to give suggestions, I welcome all

Oahu Daze episode 1
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288836 Finished

Irie Tiki Farm 2017 Outdoor
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344729

Old school is the new school
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....39#post8386939
Arthritis_sucks is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:00 AM #2
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Very cool. This is something I'd be very interested in making as I don't smoke anymore. Do you put some sort of cannabis extract in them?
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:51 AM #3
unregistered190

unregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivor
unregistered190 has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Thanks for sharing! I will be following this for sure. I made a batch of gummies not long ago....was a basic recipe and they had a kinda strong taste but the effect was there, I figure about 90mg/gummy.
Now to add flavor and make them last without keeping them in the freezer would be great 👍
unregistered190 is online now Quote

Old 01-08-2019, 03:04 AM #4
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Very cool. This is something I'd be very interested in making as I don't smoke anymore. Do you put some sort of cannabis extract in them?
... 5 tbs infused coconut oil.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:26 AM #5
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Thanks! I missed the "infused" part.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2019, 06:59 AM #6
Arthritis_sucks
The Dude

Arthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered190 View Post
Thanks for sharing! I will be following this for sure. I made a batch of gummies not long ago....was a basic recipe and they had a kinda strong taste but the effect was there, I figure about 90mg/gummy.
Now to add flavor and make them last without keeping them in the freezer would be great 👍
I just got the Mold Inhibitor in the mail today Should give them some shelf life along with the antioxidants. About to give the watermelon flavor a go with a different recipe right now. I'll post up the results tomorrow. This one has more glycerin but uses water in place of juice, which has me doubting it already. We shall see

Oahu Daze episode 1

Old 01-08-2019, 07:01 AM #7
Arthritis_sucks
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
... 5 tbs infused coconut oil.
Much appreciated

Oahu Daze episode 1

Old 01-08-2019, 01:56 PM #8
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
U R welcome
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2019, 03:46 PM #9
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Ah I was watching this on IG and totally forgot you were you.

Appreciate all the work you're doing. Very few edible companies do more than remelt gummies and add oil.

How are you filling the molds?
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2019, 04:23 PM #10
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
Sounds interesting.