Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > Your Fave 1970s Landrace & Why?

Thread Title Search
Your Fave 1970s Landrace & Why? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2017, 03:08 PM #21
ahortator

ahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to behold
Hi. I was only almost 3 years old when the 70's ended. Also here in Europe at least in my times we get no landraces, only Maroccan soap bar that didn't get you high nor stoned, with no psychoactivity at all.

But some years ago I was lucky enough to grow a strain from Indonesia. The plants were muntats, highly mildew prone, completely hermie, no males, most seeds refused to sprout, and the buds once cleaned of seeds looked like grayish brown fluffy crap with no visible resin when dry. Exactly like these:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...14292302195772

I have smoked modern suposseldly superpowerful improved indica/sativa hybrids full covered with resin drops and with more than 20% THC. But the Indonesian sativa high was incredibly stronger, happier, more enjoyable and trippy intergalactical-interdimensional-telepathical, many trillion light-years far better than the modern hybrid stuff with beautiful bag appeal.

So when I see people making fun of the old heirlooms appearance, I make fun of their ignorance and arrogance. Also I feel sad because the old sativa (now known as NLD) heirlooms are disappeared most of them.

Last edited by ahortator; 12-25-2017 at 03:24 PM..
ahortator is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:54 PM #22
Ozone

Ozone will become famous soon enough
Cool

Lumbo gold, as we called it was always available, but many other strains came thru our part of the country, ( Iowa 70's -80's), columbian- red , brown, and the many golds , panama red , thai stick , acapulco gold, mishequan, jamacian, vietnameise black, kona gold . mexican, and im sure many others, all were fantastic and missed dearly, and i have that same copy of high times still in great shape

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:19 AM #23
SoulAnnoyed
Banned

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
I never knew strain names until the 2000s, but it never fails, I've always gotten way higher off some ugly ass weed than this frosty looking shit.. I've actually reversed my hunt for frosty strains. I'm finding it to be the shittiest smoke over and over again. Too many times to be coincidence. And I've seen too much frosty hemp to think twice about it at this point.

You cant hallucinate off domestic weed. I hallucinate ALOT off imports. Potency and strength are 2 different animals. Today's weed is potent but its not strong at all.
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:28 AM #24
SoulAnnoyed
Banned

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
I forgot to add why. Indo is a big part of it. The cmh doesn't work provide the spectrum.. I'm going to add the shut out of some flouro uv and see what happens. Fuck no-grow laws. And they are trying to legalize hemp so double fuck.
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 10:02 PM #25
grayeyes

grayeyes will become famous soon enough
Old fart here. The best undoubtedly was Michoacan. Made thai seem like kiddie pot. There might be some farmers who saved seeds from paraquat.
grayeyes is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:25 PM #26
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahortator View Post
Hi. I was only almost 3 years old when the 70's ended. Also here in Europe at least in my times we get no landraces, only Maroccan soap bar that didn't get you high nor stoned, with no psychoactivity at all.

But some years ago I was lucky enough to grow a strain from Indonesia. The plants were muntats, highly mildew prone, completely hermie, no males, most seeds refused to sprout, and the buds once cleaned of seeds looked like grayish brown fluffy crap with no visible resin when dry. Exactly like these:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...14292302195772

I have smoked modern suposseldly superpowerful improved indica/sativa hybrids full covered with resin drops and with more than 20% THC. But the Indonesian sativa high was incredibly stronger, happier, more enjoyable and trippy intergalactical-interdimensional-telepathical, many trillion light-years far better than the modern hybrid stuff with beautiful bag appeal.

So when I see people making fun of the old heirlooms appearance, I make fun of their ignorance and arrogance. Also I feel sad because the old sativa (now known as NLD) heirlooms are disappeared most of them.

View Image
its a shame many refer to pics from high times to imagine what the pot used to look like ,
they seem to have rounded up the very worst samples for their pictures , the pot looked miles better than those pictures ..

todays erb doesnt do to your head what yesterdays stuff used to do , it was mighty powerful weed ,
i never trip from modern stuff , i just get stoned ...
Donald Mallard is online now Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:12 PM #27
ahortator

ahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to behold
Yes. It is a shame but it is difficult to find pics of old Mexican landraces. Specially Acapulco Gold in its heyday.

However I would preffer those bad looking buds than all those new Kush hybrids.

Modern stuff is for people who want to feel stupid and sluggish. They must try opioids or booze instead weed

Old 01-11-2019, 05:33 PM #28
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
I'm pretty sure that everyone's favorite landrace or heirloom cannabis variety is highly dependent on where they were during that time in history. I happen to know, for instance, that people in Florida in the 70s-80s rarely ever came across any thai stick in any real commercial volumes out there in the black market, and I'm guessing North California probably rarely ever got any good lowland mexican or guatemalan. In Florida, panamanian and columbian were all over the place, while in California there was a bunch of highland sativas from colder climates. The point is, if you ask someone who was in Florida during the time, they'll tell you about that special, every-once-in-a-while batch of really fruity, sticky mexican... or that Lumbo that the fishermen had to go out into international waters to purchase. But if you ask someone who was in California at that time, they'll probably talk about some Thai stick, or maybe some Hawaiian, or Santa Marta Gold.

I was in diapers when the 70s turned into the 80s, so I don't know from firsthand experience, but I know a lot of old school stoners, some of whom got locked up during the old "Square Grouper" days, and the only ones I know of who have tried thai stick are the ones who spent time in Thailand. They sure love talking about that Lumbo and that Guatemalan, though.
hush is online now Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 07:21 PM #29
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to all
I don't know some things like deep chunk hybrids or some affies do my head in, groggy like I took sleeping pills the day before kind of groggy the next day. Agreed on most modern hybrids though I try them then give them away, just can't bring myself to try them anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahortator View Post
Yes. It is a shame but it is difficult to find pics of old Mexican landraces. Specially Acapulco Gold in its heyday.

However I would preffer those bad looking buds than all those new Kush hybrids.

Modern stuff is for people who want to feel stupid and sluggish. They must try opioids or booze instead weed

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:32 PM #30
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light'Boogieman' is a glorious beacon of light
I started smoking mexi brick in the late 90's. I got these highs you guys talk about. Some brick made me laugh uncontrollably to the point my stomach hurt. Some brick made me highly paranoid for hours and your head was soaring. Some brick made me extremely happy, like everything was bright and sunny. I got indica highs too from brick but it was usually sativa. I remember trying to grow mexi brick huge plants with thin leaves and buds that were just really long foxtails never seen a similar plant from seeds I bought.
'Boogieman' is offline Quote