Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Twisted Leaves on new growth, need help

Thread Title Search
Twisted Leaves on new growth, need help Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2019, 09:29 AM #11
f-e

f-e has a spectacular aura aboutf-e has a spectacular aura aboutf-e has a spectacular aura aboutf-e has a spectacular aura aboutf-e has a spectacular aura about
I don't think that's dry droop. Maybe it was before you watered, but that looks more like over watering, which is also a sign of RO use. I never see it spoke about, but have done enough trials to recognise it.

I always add a token amount of feed to RO water. Others mix some tap water. You could think about cal/mag if you have spotting (I missed that)

If you have been really dry, it may of effected your potting mix. A few days being damp might be needed before it comes good again. The calcium is there. I just think it was in a dry form, and your plants sucked up clean water almost uncontrollably. I don't really know the mechanisms at play, but the result is familiar.

Watering correctly should fix it. Not overnight, but soon enough. Stop using neat RO and give them a damn good wet. Wait half hour so your absolutely sure it's all soaked through. Then water till run-off again. Cal/mag this once is your call. I would wait to see if the substrate can provide it, before adding more than might be too much long term
f-e is online now Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 04:45 PM #12
bizarro517

bizarro517 is on a distinguished road
Thanks again for chiming in f-e.
my point of the RO was that I thought i overfed them, so i wanted some clean water to flush them out if you will. I have foxfarm cal-mag, are you advising I water them again now with some cal-mag, or are you saying wait for it to dry out some more again and then administer some cal-mag? I also have a bluelabs ph/ec meter coming as early as Monday.

I'm honestly worried this may be Broads again, as i stated i do not see any eggs, but this could also be due to inexperience in looking for them.
bizarro517 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 03:02 AM #13
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
I grow some Ethos gear and I see this a lot. Good comparison for both us. I notice in transitions some real issues that look like yours. I think it's the light itself and an issue with calcium and phosphorus. If you repeat the experiment you may see something similar. If it's anything like mine, it will grow out of it but it's painful to look at. Transplant first, wait a time- then switch lights (would be my recommendation) and be aware that a healthy amount of calcium and P should be a part of these plants.
bsgospel is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 04:14 AM #14
bizarro517

Well that's reassuring bsgospel. Thanks for the information. 3 evenings ago i turned down my ballasts again and put a hot shots pest strip in the room and they're actually looking better, although the pots are still super heavy like they haven't been using the RO water. The overall look of the leaves is better in my opinion.

Obviously they still have all the markings from the cal problems. But the leaves are also fading out and the top of the stem (newest growth area) is a bit purple, not sure if you can see in the picture, maybe time for a nice even feeding when they dry out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-12-19.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	482042 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190112_165150.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	482043 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190112_165138.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	482044

Old 01-13-2019, 04:44 AM #15
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
There's a conflict- feeding now may have nothing to do with a light issue. And it makes me wonder if Ethos is breeding with recessive genes. Look in my albums under business. The bud finishes amazing but there are simply periods that suck to look at.

We have to talk about the feed, the timing, the overcoming of transition, the age- we're face to face with a holistic approach. You may have 1:4 or 4:4 problems. I wish I could help more. I lean towards genetics but ... The bud is so worth it...I don't want to steer people away from them.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:15 AM #16
bsgospel

All that to say: dry down yes, calcium yes- you still may not see the recovery you hope for. It could be you have a finicky plant. Don't lose hope. Ethos may be bizarre but your wattage should produce.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:04 AM #17
bizarro517

That Black fire looks amazing! and i did notice a few twisted leaves here and there in those pictures.

on the 3rd of January they got a light feeding like 2 teaspoons tiger bloom per 3 gallons h2o and 1 teaspoon grow big. And they were transplanted into the ten gallon pots the day before (january 2). they werent looking too good before i transplanted them either, which is where i may have overfed and overwatered them.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:12 AM #18
Sign

Sign is a jewel in the roughSign is a jewel in the roughSign is a jewel in the roughSign is a jewel in the roughSign is a jewel in the roughSign is a jewel in the roughSign is a jewel in the roughSign is a jewel in the rough
I think you're just root bound man, every time what is happening to you happens to me it's because it's root bound but I'm no expert. But the whole wilty thing followed by calcium def is a dead ringer for that to me.

I also grow in pro mix, maybe it's something that shows up in that medium with that issue. Transplanting after switch to flower keeps that bad juju away for me at least.
Sign is online now Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 05:45 PM #19
bizarro517

They've only been in these ten gallon pots for 10-11 days now, there's no way that they can be root-bound that fast, right? as for in the 5 gallon pots beforehand, quite possible. they were pretty solid at transplant, but there was a decent amount of loose soil on the top side of the pot.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:53 PM #20
bizarro517

Just as an overall view, I got in this morning before lights on so I could get some pictures under normal light. here is how they look now and some of the abnormalities that I've seen throughout veg.

I'm considering removing some of the damaged leaves and just some all around clean up of the plants today, removing some of the lower fan leaves and such. good idea, yes or no?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190113_095928.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	482095 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190113_095934.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	482096 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190113_095944.jpg
Views:	8