What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The KORE - test by Koondense

Koondense

Veteran
Heya,
back with The Kore, I'm growing another plant from seed, sadly there was no chance to get clones from my first Kore.
The seedling is pushing the second pair of leaves, quite vigorous, can't wait for the big leaves to start developing :)

Cheers

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heya,
back with The Kore, I'm growing another plant from seed, sadly there was no chance to get clones from my first Kore.
The seedling is pushing the second pair of leaves, quite vigorous, can't wait for the big leaves to start developing :)

Cheers

Subbed :good:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Heya,

Cheers

Oh man, sorry to hear you didn't get a clone. That last one was beautiful blue. Can't wait to see the new one.

Koondense

Veteran
Here's the new one,
The Kore#2. The obvious difference are the leaves, this one has much fatter more "indica" style leaves and grows a bit different compared to my first one which was a sativa monster.

picture.php

Still a beautiful plant, hoping for more narrow leaf character soon after the flip.

Cheers

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Your last round turned out pretty good... Seems like it looks different from my pheno, but killer... probably diff terp profile... This gives me hope.. I've been thinking about popping what I have left of the Kore fems, and now im even more excited seeing your pheno, and the variation.... My pheno had a red hair vibe like my nigerian mango haze, but fatter buds on steroids filling in all the way down central stem like a grail SOG strain. Definitely hazey smelling, but dominate with lemon \ limonene instead of hazey\incense....

Your new pheno definitely has some broad fans but maybe they will get thin later... We shall see mate, excited either way!

Koondense

Veteran
Dr young,

I would not mind finding the pheno you had, sounds really good.

This plant went on to stretch like crazy, internodes 15cm or more... crazy stuff.

Now she is being scrogged to keep her level and allow morst possible light for the tops.

Pics are coming tomorrow.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you Tano! ;)

A picture to sum up the week...
The Kore(left) in early flower along with her neighbour Beast Lime Madness(right) just starting to flower
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks Sticky ;)
Despite the insanely high temperatures in the last days they still go on like all is normal. Yesterday they had 36°C inside the space, no problem. Today I dropped it to 34 otherwise I feel uncomfortable and keep thinking how they suffer in the heat.

Stay cool!

Cheers

Muarco

Veteran
Hey Koon nice to read you here as well buddy! Those strains are looking fab. How are you managing the temperatures?

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Muarco,

since there's no air conditioning in the room I just keep the lights dimmed at 2/3 power. When in full power they release just a bit too much heat, so the hottest days make me turn them down a bit, that's the only way for less heating. Maybe the fan speed could also help but so far light dimming worked well enough.

Cheers

Muarco

Veteran
Hey Muarco,

since there's no air conditioning in the room I just keep the lights dimmed at 2/3 power. When in full power they release just a bit too much heat, so the hottest days make me turn them down a bit, that's the only way for less heating. Maybe the fan speed could also help but so far light dimming worked well enough.

Cheers

Kinda jealous man. My grow room turned into an oven these days. Temperatures hitting 37° outside have been literally forcing me to evaluate the plants to the balcony. Will look for a LED dimmable for the next cycle. AC would just be over kill for 4 plants. :thank you:

Tony21

Just seen this, nice strain, nice plants, nice growing :tiphat:
Regarding heat, during the heatwaves like the one mentioned, a slight change in variation of just dimming to keep it cooler is measuring DLI, and with a reference of say 40 mol/day, switch lights off when reached or reduce /dim to reach 40. A few days trials will give you an idea what impact dimming has.

My tents went to 39 C during the heatwave, actually cooler than outside by a few degrees, but I've stopped worrying, the plante always motor through it with no apparent bad effects.

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Tony,
how can DLI be measured in a useful way to know how much to dim the lights?
I was doing it only in the hottest days when temps inside were above 35°C, my goal was hitting and not exceed 34°C, but plants showed me they didn't care about high temperatures at all :)
The DLI could be just estimated in my case, my dimming is linear so theoretically I can guess the watts and calculate the par output but that's far from accuracy...
OTOH I'm one of those who think some changes in light intensity should not have too many negative effects(outdoors it happens all the time) so I don't pay much attention about it.
The plants and the Kore are enjoying the summer heat and I should too.
Some pics are coming soon.

Cheers