What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your Fave 1970s Landrace & Why?

frostqueen

I was a teen in the late '70s in Southern Oregon. We used to get this incredible quality Thai stick for 40 an eighth. Crazy-good quality. It was potent as hell. It tasted like peanut butter and spice, really buttery and expansive. It was total creeper; we'd take a couple hits and then 5 minutes later take another, and then it all would suddenly come rushing onto us! I would KILL to have a few of the seeds that always came in a bag of that.

As for better then or better now... for some reason a lot of people feel the need to turn everything into a competition. There was definitely amazing 1-hit weed then. There is definitely amazing 1-hit weed now. There is no right or wrong IMO because it is subjective. For me flavor and smell weigh heavily into what is a '10'.

The strains that are getting this 'today's strains are better! hurr durr' right now are the late '90s - early 2000s strains. I asked a guy at the clone dispensary if there were any pre-98 Bubba Katsu clones around and he said, "um, yeah. everyone considers that old stuff to be outdone by the more modern strains." I laughed and got the stink eye.

That's horseshit, really, cuz when you look at how many breeders used Bubba for their hybrids it's a definitely a permanent classic.

romanoweed

Yesum , can you report on what Lights you used when growing the 72 Columbian Gold? i wanna know how to reproduce this old Weeds the best.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I use fluorescent lights of 10,000 K spectrum. AgroMax Finisher is the light. I use a bit of uvb lizard cfl at the end, hanging in the middle of the circle of plants, moving it up and down so the sidelight hits all heights. 12 inch range with the uvb light. I keep the fluorescent light within 6 inches of the canopy.

I think any good white light would do the job. The Seedsman Original Haze has a high similar to the CG '72. It was made with several Colombians or so the story goes. Am revegging one now.

Latest posts

Latest posts