What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critical Mass Collective?

psyphish

Veteran
What's Critical +?

I can only speak from my research, but I think it really depends what you want out of it. From what I've seen, if you are looking for a quick growing, high yielding plant with a couch-locking mediocre stone, then Kritikal is the plant for you. Change any of those varialbes and you should look for another strain.

It was mentioned in another thread, but LSD by Barney's is supposed to be fairly equivalent to Kritikal in terms of yield, but apparently the high is much more pleasant and appealing. IDK. LSD is on my list, but haven't gotten to it.

Friends grew a pack of LSD, it's just another boring skunk cross just like the critical. It's not trippy at all, just a boring ass couch lock. I honestly hated all things skunk because my only experiences had been shitty dutch crosses that made you slow and dumb and built your tolerances fast. Then I realized that some of my favourite clear headed strains had skunk in them.

Friends grew a pack of LSD, it's just another boring skunk cross just like the critical. It's not trippy at all, just a boring ass couch lock. I honestly hated all things skunk because my only experiences had been shitty dutch crosses that made you slow and dumb and built your tolerances fast. Then I realized that some of my favourite clear headed strains had skunk in them.

Thanks for jumping in. What stains are the clear headed ones? I'm in the same boat as you with smoke that makes you feel like a prisoner to the couch lock. Despise that. Do those stains you speak of have any similarity with yield and speed as the critical skunk?

Hey any suggestions on strains that balance quality smoke with heavy yield?

G

ganjygav

I was looking at their site this morning, went off them as soon as I see the silly effects they've added to their photos.
All they have achieved in doing that is to make the buds look really leafy.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
An increasing number of growers have eventually "seen behind the curtain" of utter Bullshit with Mr nice seeds, I wouldn't run a seed of theirs if you paid me to.

Wondering if you may be able to point toward some reading.
I've heard this a couple times in the past year so am very curious what's happenin w MNS.

@creative...
BOG LSD
It's supposed to be his most sativa offering as well as one of his best yielding. Considering the genetics involved, I'd guess it'd be terpy w the right plant selection.
I've got a pack in wait. Have not grown any yet though.

^I'm thinking he was talking about Barney's Farm LSD which is (Mazar x Skunk 1), and is supposed to be more psychedelic than BOG's LSD. I've never had the opportunity to try Barney's version.

BOG's LSD is ((Jacks Cleaner Blueberry x BogBubble) x NYCD). It's a sativa dominant hybrid that tastes good and has more of a sativa high IMO but also is good for pain and relaxation.

hddeuce

well time proved u wrong must feel like u know everything worked out well for you.

hmmm how does that crow taste

QUOTE=ChaosCatalunya;7191447]No, and that should be damning enough, if not, look at their yield claims, contact them and ask for some photos of 900g/M² gardens please.

Anybody who had managed to selectively breed critical from 600 to 900g/m² should be jusifiably proud of their achievements and would certainly have evidence Inc photos to prove their wonderful work. Many people who cash crop this strain would be fighting for seeds...

If, on the other hand they are just bullshitting hacks, they won't have this evidence will they, but would make stupid, unbelievable claims to snare some customers

So, proof or gtfo

Herbies too, if they are happy to publish such bold claims, they have to be substantiated, or they terminally loose any credibility on the spot. IMO they are just newcomers, boxshifters, commercial greedy people who are not doing this all for any love of the plant, so I avoid them and their ilk like the plague.

If Herbies and this critical collective cannot prove what they are claiming, they are both ****s.[/QUOTE]

kaochiu

Veteran
Critical mass is probably one of the strains most cultivated ever in Spain, since those famous three kilos of SB seed landed in a genetics starved scene. It became a favourite for pushers (aka Critical Camello). It became the basis of dozens of the sprouting pseudo seedbanks. Critical everywhere. Critical Mass, Critical + and Critical Plus, then Critical, then Criti. Clon Ortue, a cut from a collective near Bilbao is a very good sample, a 7 weeker fruity resinous high yielder, not many problems attached, good enough for the clumsiest of growers. I think it was Dinafem, made a contest looking for the best cut with a trip to Jamaica as the prize and thus resulting in more cuts and more seedbanks.
But, as Chaos has pointed, its high is to stoners what the phonebook is to literature. Boooooring.

madalasatori

Veteran
Critical mass/critical+ purple pheno is some most potent weed I know. Much better than herijuana and black domina for couchlock/insomnia, very nice body buzz and berry taste. I get it in about one in every 80 seeds.

Critical mass and critical plus are the same thing, I've grown both substantially and both hold the purple pheno

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
what exactly are you trying to say ?

"time proved me wrong" ... did it ? post these photos then

well time proved u wrong must feel like u know everything worked out well for you.

hmmm how does that crow taste

QUOTE=ChaosCatalunya;7191447]No, and that should be damning enough, if not, look at their yield claims, contact them and ask for some photos of 900g/M² gardens please.

Anybody who had managed to selectively breed critical from 600 to 900g/m² should be jusifiably proud of their achievements and would certainly have evidence Inc photos to prove their wonderful work. Many people who cash crop this strain would be fighting for seeds...

If, on the other hand they are just bullshitting hacks, they won't have this evidence will they, but would make stupid, unbelievable claims to snare some customers

So, proof or gtfo

Herbies too, if they are happy to publish such bold claims, they have to be substantiated, or they terminally loose any credibility on the spot. IMO they are just newcomers, boxshifters, commercial greedy people who are not doing this all for any love of the plant, so I avoid them and their ilk like the plague.

If Herbies and this critical collective cannot prove what they are claiming, they are both ****s.
[/quote]

I now know why Critical became such a "huge'' success in Spain and then spread around.

Is Cheese just as legendary in yield and resin? I'm still looking for massive yielders with an engaging and varied high.

what exactly are you trying to say ?

"time proved me wrong" ... did it ? post these photos then
[/quote]
Anyone got the pics of this or other big producer + fast flowerers?

Is this where the strain stability comes in?

Like if a seed company claims a certain pheno can produce 600-900g/m2, how often are those phenos coming through -- like 1 out of every 100 seeds, every 1,000 seeds, or 1 out of 10?

insomniac_AU

Just my personal opinion here so no more important than anyone else's but here goes. I've grown a few Critical hybrids over the years and IMO they were marketed purely to people growing for weight/profit. I never found anything in any of them that made me want to keep them. Yes they produce a lot but what's the point of a lot of so so weed?

Just my personal opinion here so no more important than anyone else's but here goes. I've grown a few Critical hybrids over the years and IMO they were marketed purely to people growing for weight/profit. I never found anything in any of them that made me want to keep them. Yes they produce a lot but what's the point of a lot of so so weed?

Hey Maynard, good point on the mediocrity. Production is one factor. How's the frostiness? Good amount of THC?

insomniac_AU

The strains I grew were reasonably frosty and medium strength just not what I look for in Cannabis. It's a very subjective thing though. Others may love it. Not everyone has the same tastes and expectations.

The strains I grew were reasonably frosty and medium strength just not what I look for in Cannabis. It's a very subjective thing though. Others may love it. Not everyone has the same tastes and expectations.

I'm looking for:
1. Fast
2. Fat
3. Frosty

bc my end goal is to use it for CO2 extract to turn into edibles and vape, etc. So having dried bud that looks or smells amazing is not a top priority.

I have another thread about Autoflower Hybrids here
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358998
if y'all have any experience!

insomniac_AU

I'd recommend Delicious Seeds Black Russian for that. I still keep a cut and it's a great producer, fast finisher (done in 56 days) and heavy resin producer. It's [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black Domina (NL x Ortega x HP x Afghani) x White Russian (White Widow x AK47) mid 20s for THC[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
picture.php
[/FONT]

Happy Times

I'd recommend Delicious Seeds Black Russian for that. I still keep a cut and it's a great producer, fast finisher (done in 56 days) and heavy resin producer. It's [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black Domina (NL x Ortega x HP x Afghani) x White Russian (White Widow x AK47) mid 20s for THC[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image View Image [/FONT]

Cool, I never knew that was the lineage of Black Domina.

Looks like you’ve got that Black Russian dialed in! Looking on point bigtime

LostTribe

Premium user
No, and that should be damning enough, if not, look at their yield claims, contact them and ask for some photos of 900g/M² gardens please.

So, proof or gtfo

If Herbies and this critical collective cannot prove what they are claiming, they are both ****s.

:blowbubbles:Hahahahahahaaaahahahaaaa ahahahahaha the NEWb Tubers these days never cease to amaze.