What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vac seal for BHO

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Wow, didn't realize how crazy you guys were getting. Also thinking about how my oil has probably never been purged quite right........gross.

The two links to amazon seem like good units, but are they strong enough? Also, I do anywhere from couple zips to multiple elbows at a time, not sure a 6x9 would be big enough. My next run I have a lot of material to run and I want to do it right. My buddy told me to search you tube for a video he found, but I can't find it. It showed how to vac seal and everything. I really want to get this right, keep the ideas coming people.

abellguy

Another option is to get a Mighty Vac brake bleeder from the auto parts store then you can attach to it either one of the pre-made vac seal jars or make your own from a mason jar of the size that will work for you. It will give good HG :D

hammalamma

Veteran
Another option is to get a Mighty Vac brake bleeder from the auto parts store then you can attach to it either one of the pre-made vac seal jars or make your own from a mason jar of the size that will work for you. It will give good HG :D

That is exactly what I do. I can get it to 25hg at most with the food saver jars.

abellguy

That is exactly what I do. I can get it to 25hg at most with the food saver jars.

I can get a bit more than that I think I had it over 30, I use a small mason jar as I never do more than maybe a half z at a time in one batch for personal, but I thought you were only supposed to keep it around 20 for a few hours. I usually do 21 as I like that number!

It's only personal so I am in no danger of hurting anyone else and its always tasted real good a definite improvement over just a regular heat purge. I may try crankin' it up a bit more and see if I can notice any difference.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use the large square plastic container made by foodsaver some1 posted the link on here already, and i think its strong enough, wax muffins up when vaced heated w dry heat from outside the vac chamber....
ive been getting increasingly solid and well purged batches the longer i leave it in the vac chamber, applying low low heat for a few minutes in between vacuuming.
picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
may i ask WHERE you got that hotplate and chamber?

I picked up the glass dessicator used at American Scientific for $200 and the hot plate was donated.

You might also check out the vacuum chambers used by epoxy molders use to degas molds.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
im having a company custom make me a vacuum chamber that is 10.5" wide and 11.75" tall WITH a build in hot plate for around $500 shipped...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Share that link please, this is what I need.

here is one of there chambers, you can find the rest through there EBAY ad as well....

these DO NOT come with a hotplate, you have to contact the owner to have them make it for you...

real cool kat, told him MANY people will be buying these from him once i posted on a forum im on....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VACUUM-CHAM...ltDomain_0&hash=item256bf810ee#ht_3466wt_1396

i got the $600+ model, with the hot plate, he discounted it to me for right around $500, because im a cool guy......

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Maybe he just threw in the hot plate because you were just too cool.

Thanks for the link, I think I might wait until you get yours. Let me know how it works.

sog army

why not buy the vac pump at harbor freight and get a stainless steel vessel like a large cooking pot. build a plexi lid that is over an 1" thick and fit it with the valves and pressure gauge?

Thats what we did.. cost less than 300 pump included.

Str8Dank

there is a break line bleeder manual hand pump you can get at any auto parts store that can be modded to fit even a mason jar. saw a video on youtube and it seemed to work well.

Latest posts

Latest posts