What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CO2 supercritical fluid extraction on the cheap

TheHashAssassin

So what sorta gear would one need to make a set-up? I got a buddy with a degree in Engineering with a specialty in pressurized systems into helping me make one. What do we need Graywolf?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what sorta gear would one need to make a set-up? I got a buddy with a degree in Engineering with a specialty in pressurized systems into helping me make one. What do we need Graywolf?

Here is a simple minded approach, which I will be following after perfecting the butane and alchohol recovery systems:

Attachments

• Simple minded SFE.pdf
    185.2 KB · Views: 24

fman

The person i know that claims to make CO2 oil,(Hap) uses an old perfume extractor, done under vacumm. I have never seen the set-up, but the oil he had, was always much cleaner and stronger than any oil Ive smoked. Personally I use Vector Butane and it works fine.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The person i know that claims to make CO2 oil,(Hap) uses an old perfume extractor, done under vacumm. I have never seen the set-up, but the oil he had, was always much cleaner and stronger than any oil Ive smoked. Personally I use Vector Butane and it works fine.

C02 extraction done under vacuum sounds like an exciting new process. I would be most interested in any details that you might provide.

fman

Gray Wolf - unfourtunatly that despensiry has closed, and I do not know where Hap is now working. Being that he is a business man, he keeps his proscess a secret. All he told me was that he used an old professional perfume extractor, and dried the oil in a vacuum set-up. The oil came out like putty that you could handle. Im sure he is somewhere in So. Cal.

TheHashAssassin

fman, that doesnt sound like the co2 oil i have seen. Was the runniest, smoothest oil I have ever seen. Almost tasteless, and super heady with an extremely extremely long lasting high.

Gray Wolf, thanx for the pdf. Will get my buddy to look at it when he is back next week.

Liam

Everytime I've seen threads on CO2 extraction, there has never been a single shred of proof anyone is doing it to weed...

EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS REQUIRE EXTRAORDINARY PROOF

Otherwise I might as well believe Bush personally flew the planes into both WTC towers, aliens probe peoples anuses daily, and Ann Coulter is a woman.

pimpjuice

I actually spoke with eden labs recently, a 5l sub critical extractor is 45k and you need 3 phase to run the thing, that price is also not including the compressor. I'm pretty convinced at this point most of the supposed 'co2' hash is just BHO.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
it exists. it is superlative. yes the equipment is many 10s of thousands of dollars, but you can DIY. the guy that makes it for our collective told me he built his own device for around $700. he's a fucking genius though. he's very secretive about it, but i can tell you the design is similar to an alcohol still.

picture.php