What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor guerilla plots

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Visited the spot yesterday and the slug pellets are definitely doing their job - I see dead slugs all over the place now.
QUOTE]

PLEASE STOP USING SLUG PELLETS
http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/RRMetaldehyde.htm
We just LOST a cat because the Neighbors are TOO LAZY to use Copper,DE or Beer to Stop slugs.
I hope they enjoy their flowers...
I DID NOT enjoy digging the grave
How many "Things" is it OK to KILL to protect a plant?
I'm NOT referring to the slugs

blackone

Veteran
Visited the spot yesterday and the slug pellets are definitely doing their job - I see dead slugs all over the place now.
QUOTE]

PLEASE STOP USING SLUG PELLETS
http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/RRMetaldehyde.htm
We just LOST a cat because the Neighbors are TOO LAZY to use Copper,DE or Beer to Stop slugs.
I hope they enjoy their flowers...
I DID NOT enjoy digging the grave
How many "Things" is it OK to KILL to protect a plant?
I'm NOT referring to the slugs

I totally agree Dr.
These pellets are Iron Phosphate based and don't contain methaldehyde.

blackone

Veteran
Went to another forest today. Its a crazy place with a lot of potential! Hardly anyone is walking around there except for the forest workers.
Managed to find a place where I can easily fit a 3*4 meter bed with ok stealth - blackberry, tall grass, treacherous holes with water, more blackberry, Mmmmm perfect!
Soil is clay and probably a bit acidic because blackberry grows there so lime is needed.
Perhaps a poor soil since there are few if any nettles in that spot - need some npk I guess.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went to another forest today. Its a crazy place with a lot of potential! Hardly anyone is walking around there except for the forest workers.
Managed to find a place where I can easily fit a 3*4 meter bed with ok stealth - blackberry, tall grass, treacherous holes with water, more blackberry, Mmmmm perfect!
Soil is clay and probably a bit acidic because blackberry grows there so lime is needed.
Perhaps a poor soil since there are few if any nettles in that spot - need some npk I guess.

better make sure those forest workers aren't going to be felling any trees in your future plots anytime soon.

G

the blackberries are a good sign blackone. Its one thats on my list and i stay cut up all the time.

blackone

Veteran
Thanks for the comments - I hope my spots are stealthy enough.
All of my planted spots are fairly close to places where trees had been felled last week - took me by surprise but I think it's Ok. At least now they probably won't come back at harvest time when stuff is more obvious, and I'm also careful about not leaving any trails when I can avoid it.
Blackberries work great for stealth yeah:)
But they do indicate a low PH value and sometimes also low N values.
Changed my plan based on the "hole size" thread we're posting in to bring in more soil in the spots with questionable soil quality.

Spot #2 - filling up. Plants are pretty close together but these are not sexed - I'm planting pretty late and some might die. (I cleaned up the mess don't worry)
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - the plants shown here were rooted in small plastic cups before putting them out. They were nowhere near rootbound so I had to be a little careful when transplanting. When I went back 1 day after putting them out they were already perking up and had grown quite a bit so I must have done something right.
I'm pretty convinced now that the way to success is to make sure plants are pretty strong before putting them outside. Next year I will be growing from either clones, female seeds or sexed plants - don't wanna mess around with males any more except for designated breeding plots - too much work digging holes for plants that are just gonna be chopped.

krazay

blackberrys grow so fast i had a patch i packed in soil to and 2 weeks later i basically had to bushwack to get there blackberrys up to the waist

blackone

Veteran
Yeah they grow with an insane speed in the start of the summer - can easily overgrow a patch if you're not careful.
Didn't get much work done in the weekend - only got my last 6 plants of Esbe's strains out in plot 2 - Katsu Bubba Kush * B3.
The ones I do have out are vegging really hard now so it's really irritating that I didn't get anything out this weekend. I even found a really really nice spot that could actually fit all of my remaining plants but probably does need some extra soil brought in.
The smallest plants in plot #1 are growing pretty slowly, while the mothers are growing very well - I think they might not be getting enough hours of light there before they grow a little bigger.

MrMcBean

Hi blackone,

nice grow you got going. Im a bit worried tho.. It really seems like you are packing your spots at least 2x as full as they should be..

The late season minis you talk about would probably be ok planted together like this but these ones now still have lots of growtime. I believe you would be better off with less plants per spot. Say 1/2 the amount now. Even then after removing the males you would be using the space efficiently.

I recently walked through town with a 3 foot plant in a trashbag (including 7liter pot). It was a male i was bringing to a seed plot in the suburbs. Had a good friggin scare when the cops drove by and HIT THE BRAKES right after passing me.. But they didnt come after me :D

One way or another looks like you have a promising harvest comming. Best of luck to you and dont let any wild beasts/cops/spys get the best of you :D.

blackone

Veteran
You might be right - I guess we'll see in a months time or so.
Plot #2 has 36 plants or so for 4 square meters - I'm hoping for perhaps 100 gram / plant so at 1800 grams a little more than 400 grams / m2 - don't know if that's infeasible?
These were also put out pretty late - first plants in spot#2 were out around the mid June - and I don't expect these to be vegging for much more than a month before they should start flowering early August for an early-mid october harvest.
Again - even with the pellets and cans slugs might be a hazard so some plants might die or get seriously crippled. Don't want to waste any of my prepared soil because this is by far the hardest work.

MrMcBean

That is an optimistic yield average but i believe it is feasable given you put enough effort in.

Given about 5 weeks veg those plants will prbably be 2-3 feet Before they even flower. After flower id expect at least 4 feet per plant.. You can estimate ourself how wide they would be at around 4 feet.. 33 cm to each side (36 plants @ 4 sq meters) is not going to give you full potential. The top buds will be fine but everything below will suffer. If you widen your spots and transplant a few i bet you will come a lot closer to your 100g/plant or even beat that.

If slugs manage to kill 1 of your plants, then i will bet top dollar that there is gonna be serious damage on the rest of the plants. Slug pellets will do the job nicely tho if you replace them every 4 weeks or so. I swear i have puddles of friggin slugs and slug slime around the bases of my plants where i layed the pelets.. its insane. I have to widen the perimeter of the pellets because the ones near the plant are under a thick film of slime

Most of the slug pellets today are harmless to most animals especially here in Germany where we take natur-protection very seriously.

Sure looks like slugs/bugs will be your only real problems. Take care of those as you go along and your gonna be one happy christmas child :D

peace

zielonylasss

guerilla grower
Veteran
Plot #2 has 36 plants or so for 4 square meters - I'm hoping for perhaps 100 gram / plant so at 1800 grams a little more than 400 grams / m2 - don't know if that's infeasible?

No way Blackone!
I bet you'll get max 1 kg from this spot...
Sorry bro!
But... 1 kg is still a heavy harvest and plenty of goods for winter!

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - after sexing I'll only have ~18 plants there though, so they should have a little more space to play with - also considering training them if I have some spots with many males I need to cover.

Never seen a 100g outdoor plant so have no idea really how big it would be but I'm thinking that having an average of 47*47 cm per plant should be able to get me close;p 1 kg from this spot would also make me happy:)

How much yield / m2 are people typically getting in successful guerillas?

blackone

Veteran
Got some work done in the weekend - 32 plants out in plot #3. The last 16 without slug-protection so I think I need to get out tonight to put them on because it has started raining.
These are Freja and Phil's Erdpurt*E-rocket/dp F2.
picture.php

This spot seems really really wonderful - no guarantees of course as forest workers might start working in that part of the forest and find it but I'm pretty damn sure noone else will find it. It's a bitch for me to get there and I only found it because I saw an interesting spot on google earth.
Soil seems great - sustains an explosive native growth of mixed nettles and blackberries. Adding spent soil, composted manure and lime as usual, and also a little fresh soil for each plant to grow into.

I don't have any pics of this, but spot #2 has grown like crazy since I put them out. They were around 15 cm tall back then and now they're 40-60 cm - niiice :)

THC123

Veteran
Soil seems great - sustains an explosive native growth of mixed nettles and blackberries. Adding spent soil, composted manure and lime as usual, and also a little fresh soil for each plant to grow into.

sounds great , will be keepin an eye on this one , the soil looks real good on the pic

blackone

Veteran
Well the black color you can see is the planting soil I'm using on the top:)
But the native soil has a really nice structure - it's very very easy to dig holes and although it contains some amount of clay it's quite loose and also seems to contain a nice amount of humus. The lime I mixed in should take care of the PH if it's too low (I don't know if it is - blackberry does indicate that though)

The nutes should be covered for some time by the existing nutrients in the soil, the compost I added and my top-dressing. I will come back later with some high-PK NPK fertilizer though - or perhaps I shouldn't wait too long because the P source is bonemeal - needs some time to break down.

Open Eyes

Looking good there but if these get lots of sun and turn into giant bushed you might have to cull a few to help the others grow better. At the end of it all getting some is better than getting none.

blackone

Veteran
Well 50% or so will have to be culled because they're gonna be male. The distance is 40-50 cm atm I think.

They do get LOTS of sun though:) Can always bend them to the sides and utilize a greater area if needed.