What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Added isopropyl to Reservoir

JFiary

Accidentally knocked over a 4 ounce glass of isopropyl alcohol into my plant tray.

Slowly watched it spread before I realized what happened, oh no.

4 oz of isopropyl, dissolved in 10 gallons of water. It's an ebb/flow, 4 plants week 2 flowering.

what should i do?

troutman

Seed Whore
It's up to you, but I would drain it and refill it. :tiphat:

I would sleep better getting rid of 10 gallons of nutrient water vs losing plants.

It's up to you, but I would drain it and refill it. :tiphat:

I would sleep better getting rid of 10 gallons of nutrient water vs losing plants.

Agreed I was just about to post the same advice just dump the res. The alcohol in the tray should evaporate out readily but I'd do a through flush and refresh the res. Like Ozzie said 4oz ain't a whole lot but better safe then sorry I always say. Good luck JFiary

ozzieAI

Veteran
if i got your antiquated imperial maths right your got about 0.03% iso in your water...and it's evapourating as we discuss...