You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Fulvic Acid

Thread Title Search
Fulvic Acid Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2018, 09:35 PM #51
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Ornamental View Post
If you want to do something for mother nature, use fulvic acid derived from the wood industry. That's renewable, and that's probably worth an organic label.
I've read quite a bit about fulvic acid. I didn't know that it could be derived from wood. Is it a byproduct of the pulping process?

I am not affiliated with Mr. Fulvic, but they get their fulvic from a shallow shale deposit without excavators or blasting. After they get the water soluble fulvic, they put the source material back with minimal disruption to the ground. I really like that company.
BillFarthing is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2018, 03:05 AM #52
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
I switched to BioAg.
brown_thumb is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:53 AM #53
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFarthing View Post
Is it a byproduct of the pulping process?
Correct. But don't ask me for a brand name...

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2018, 03:41 PM #54
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
I changed brands already but am searching for highest quality products made as greenly as possible. If anyone knows brand names and their benefits, I for one, am very interested.
brown_thumb is online now Quote

Old 04-08-2018, 04:35 PM #55
beta

beta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of light
Does anyone know the source of Kelp4Less' powdered fulvic?
beta is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2018, 05:09 PM #56
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Ornamental View Post
Correct. But don't ask me for a brand name...
According to:
https://www.chinalignin.com/applicat...n-agriculture/

Lignin is broken down into lignosulfates in the paper pulping process. They can act as a surfactant or complexor. It can also be broken down into lignohumate. Different forms can chelate potassium and ammonium. I assume by isolating the short chain humates that fulvic acid could be the end result. Interesting stuff!
BillFarthing is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2018, 12:02 AM #57
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Does anyone know the source of Kelp4Less' powdered fulvic?
For the most part, Kelp4Less uses the cheapest, lowest quality products available.
Potassium in a fulvic product = poor manufacturing process.
different is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2018, 08:35 AM #58
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
...Potassium in a fulvic product = poor manufacturing process.
How so? Could you elaborate?

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2018, 10:44 AM #59
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
The process uses heat and potassium hydroxide (among other salts/agents) for extraction.
It destroys the bioactivity of the fulvic acid and you are left with salts in your product.
Cold water extraction methods retain the bioactivity of the fulvic acid, and your product is clean.
The cheap stuff is leftovers from destructive mining practices.

Last edited by different; 04-10-2018 at 09:32 AM..
different is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2018, 03:08 PM #60
beta

beta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of lightbeta is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
For the most part, Kelp4Less uses the cheapest, lowest quality products available.
Potassium in a fulvic product = poor manufacturing process.
How do you know this?

I didn't even know fulvic had to be 'bioactive' - Isn't its mode of action chelation?
beta is offline Quote