Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Monsanto does not own General Hydroponics or Botanicare

Thread Title Search
-
Thread Closed
Monsanto does not own General Hydroponics or Botanicare Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2018, 05:56 PM #21
Maple_Flail

Maple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the rough
I don't really care at the end of the day who owns who in the big corporate world.

And to be honest, Neither of them have the end customer as the thing they are looking out for most. That being said tho, the few GH products I use, one is out of uniqueness (atleast at the time) and the other two are out of simplicity.

Been using Rapid Rooters from GH for ages, going on 8-9 years maybe? and their are two products out of the GH/GO line, the Kelp one, and the bio bloom booster. (two of my sativa's don't like the typical boosts, they love this amino acid one tho)

I know there are alternatives to rapid rooters now, i'm just a creature of habit, and am just super comfortable using them.

I'm headed down the organic path, so these two companies(scott's + monsanto) will have very little bearing on what I'm doing. more light exist than just gavita's (plus i won't have the space to manage a DE and some of my gear), so it really doesn't effect me.

Its big corporate, Go small, go organic, go moms an' pops then you don't need to care about all this. If the light works use it, if the feed works use it, If the corporate business rubs you the wrong way find another option.

This fanaticism of conspiracy gets old quick. scotts has owned Gh for what 3 years? the products i've used haven't changed in that time beyond batch to batch variables. I'm sure there are loads of people in that boat.

Last edited by Maple_Flail; 04-05-2018 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: forgot a word.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:46 AM #22
Cannabologist

Cannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
fyi 'heavy metals' are essential plant nutrients, there's a reason they're added. All healthy soul has 'heavy metals' in it.
I do not want elements like molybdenum or arsenic in my plants and in the products I consume in any amount more than what the plant may need.

GH is lower in heavy metals by orders of magnitude than most other brands. YAY monsanto! For the ... Win... Hmmmm...

I mean. I don't really care who sells it, if it's clean, works, cost effective, and the best on the market, do you really care?

In fact, if nazis had the cure for cancer, and they were selling it for $19.95, wouldn't you buy the cure for cancer anyway??? Even though??

Course you would! Who cares that they are nazis! Yeah yeah they killed a whole bunch of people. THEY CURED CANCER and are giving it away for $19.95!!!

That whole "raping the planet" thing is in the past, they're curing cancer now, fucking nazis! Ok so they hate Jews. But they're curing Jews of their cancer! It's as we all figured, no one understands fucking nazis and their fucked up motives. And who cares! They cured cancer!!!! Even Hebrew cancers! They don't discriminate against cancer, they only discriminate against your race and or ethnicity. That's not that bad. Especially when you're curing cancer!!!

Ohh. man. Why can't fucking nazis just fucking cure cancer. Then EVERYTHING would be OK
Nor heed the rumble of a distant drum!

Old 04-07-2018, 09:26 PM #23
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Hawthorne Gardening Company gobbled up a ton of companies betting on an explosion in the legal cannabis market.

They own:
Botanicare
Gavita
General Hydroponics
Can filters
The hydroponic brands at Lowes and Home Depot
Scotts-Miracle Gro (Which is where the patent sharing for RoundUp is with Monsanto)

They are the borg just like ABI with beer. The cannabis industry is definitely big business now.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:24 PM #24
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFarthing View Post
They own:
Scotts-Miracle Gro (Which is where the patent sharing for RoundUp is with Monsanto)
You have that part backwards.
Hawthorne is a subsidiary of Scotts Miracle Gro. Scotts owns Hawthorne.
Scotts has no "patent sharing" of glyphosate/RoundUp with Monsanto.
Scotts distributes RoundUp for Monsanto.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:33 AM #25
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
You have that part backwards.
Hawthorne is a subsidiary of Scotts Miracle Gro. Scotts owns Hawthorne.
Scotts has no "patent sharing" of glyphosate/RoundUp with Monsanto.
Scotts distributes RoundUp for Monsanto.
From Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotts...le-Gro_Company

1998 - Scotts entered into a collaboration with the Monsanto Company to apply biotechnology products to the turfgrass and ornamental plants business. Under the agreement, Scotts and Monsanto agreed to share technologies, including Monsanto's extensive genetic library of plant traits and Scotts' proprietary gene gun technology to produce transgenic turfgrasses and ornamental plants.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:43 AM #26
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
The U.S. Patent for glyphosate expired in 2000. It was never "shared" or owned by Scotts.
Not sure what the link you posted is supposed to mean other than Scotts has a distribution deal with Monsanto.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:13 AM #27
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to allbigtacofarmer is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
The U.S. Patent for glyphosate expired in 2000. It was never "shared" or owned by Scotts.
Not sure what the link you posted is supposed to mean other than Scotts has a distribution deal with Monsanto.

Can you at least ageee we would be better off as a species if there was no such thing as monsanto?

Old 04-08-2018, 01:19 AM #28
beta

beta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to allbeta is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Can you at least ageee we would be better off as a species if there was no such thing as monsanto?
If it wasn't Monsanto it'd be someone else. The problem isn't Monsanto, the problem is capitalism.

The 'problems' of Monsanto are problems we have with every multi-national corporation.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:28 AM #29
Gr33nSanta

I do not get it, the GH terroir that is!

Old 04-08-2018, 01:30 AM #30
different
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Humans will be humans, with or without Monsanto.
Although it would be hard to argue against Monsanto's contribution to the advancement of LED technology.
I am also science minded, so I don't host an unsubstantiated fear of genetic engineering.

Thread Closed