in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Greenleaf Megacrop

Thread Title Search
-
Greenleaf Megacrop Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2018, 02:07 AM #31
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetFlora View Post
Fulvic is no bueno o hydro. You would want humic
You have that backwards.
different is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2018, 03:42 AM #32
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetFlora View Post
Fulvic is no bueno o hydro. You would want humic
I think you might want to check some sources like:
https://manicbotanix.com/fulvic-acid-hydroponics/
BillFarthing is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2018, 01:36 PM #33
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
You have that backwards.

yep, I sure did

I edited my backwards comment, but just to clarify

Humic is very 'earthy', best for soil.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2018, 03:26 PM #34
Stinkhorn123

Stinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the rough
I’ve been on the Megacrop about a month now in a coco dtw set up. Things are looking great and much better than my veg plants ever did while on the V&B. I do have to use some PH down with it though where as with V&B things always settled at 5.8 with my 70 ppm tap water. I’ve been feeding @ 1.4 EC after adjusting my tap to .2 ec w/epsoms. Should I be concerned about MC’s high N in flower or should I just go with it? I’ve really had great results with V&B in flower and originally planned on using MC strictly in veg and flowering with V&B but the plants look so good I’m questioning myself now.
Stinkhorn123 is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2018, 04:48 PM #35
chronosync
unknown clone

chronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhorn123 View Post
Iíve been on the Megacrop about a month now in a coco dtw set up. Things are looking great and much better than my veg plants ever did while on the V&B. I do have to use some PH down with it though where as with V&B things always settled at 5.8 with my 70 ppm tap water. Iíve been feeding @ 1.4 EC after adjusting my tap to .2 ec w/epsoms. Should I be concerned about MCís high N in flower or should I just go with it? Iíve really had great results with V&B in flower and originally planned on using MC strictly in veg and flowering with V&B but the plants look so good Iím questioning myself now.
ditto, very close to my boat
chronosync is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2018, 04:54 PM #36
chronosync
unknown clone

chronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of light
Although I plan on using Mega all the way through, I got the Red Line and Sweet Candy I just dont know what to with them exactly. Everything is going great with just base I dont want to wreck a good thing.

I'm feeding super low and they look so damn green its great but Im down to 300 - 400 ppms (0.6-0.8ec) with 75ppm starting water.
going into week 6 now so now would be the time to give some PK, if im gonna, right?

wanted to add: its a micro grow, coco dtw, 22oz cups ... not growing trees

Old 04-07-2018, 02:22 PM #37
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronosync View Post

I'm feeding super low and they look so damn green its great but Im down to 300 - 400 ppms (0.6-0.8ec) with 75ppm starting water.
going into week 6 now so now would be the time to give some PK, if im gonna, right?
With an 8 week strain, I hit them at week 6 with a PK booster. 2 weeks of flush and it will be oh so smooth by the time it's done.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:23 AM #38
chronosync
unknown clone

Thanks for the tip!

So far my mix looks like:
75ppm source water
75ppm Red Line
75ppm Sweet Candy
175ppm Mega Crop
1/8 tsp Greenleaf Algae extract

400ppm/0.8ec

Old 04-08-2018, 06:59 PM #39
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

Here are some interesting specs on Megacrop:

NPK ratio: 2-1-3 is typically used for maturing tomatoes, maximizing bloom output with that ratio. If you bump up K with something like potassium silicate or a bloom booster, it throws the ratio off and you may get a magnesium deficiency.

NO3-:NH4+ ratio: 25:1- The most stable nutrient pH is ~9:1 (Trelease, S.F and Trelease, H.M., 1935, Science 78:438-439) The pH will probably drift up after a few days with Megacrop, but that's normal for hydroponics.

Ca:Mg- 3.4:1- Megacrop is probably suitable for coco at that ratio. Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus is 2:1, which is suitable for hydroculture. 2% magnesium might be a little low, but may be sufficient with chelators.

Si is 1.32 ppm at 455 ppm. If you like strong stems, you may want to invest in monosilicic acid with Megacrop.

Chitosan is one of my favorite biostimulants. When I contacted GLN to ask how much was in it, they said "not much".

Overall, I think it's a great all purpose nutrient for the price.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:50 AM #40
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
Thanks to the crew at Megacrop for sending my samples!

Going to integrate this nest week in my runs.

Acts 2:38 (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Medfinder is offline Quote