Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Fulvic Acid

Thread Title Search
Fulvic Acid Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 02:27 AM #31
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
I too have heard of BioAg Ful Power it seems to be a high quality product, but pricey.
I think Krap4Less fulvic acid is junk for anything but soil and not even the best choice there either.
Look for a cheap quality powder, not dark!
my 2 pence
shag
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:04 AM #32
betshtick

betshtick is on a distinguished road
I'll vouch for BioAg Ful Power, great stuff. I use it every watering (organic soil). Yes it's pricey but it seems to have reduced the amount of fertilizer I need, though there could be other factors.
betshtick is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2017, 07:22 PM #33
Avenger

Avenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really nice
The American Association Of Plant Food Chemist Officials (AAPFCO) has approved a method to determine the fulvic acid fraction of plant and soil amendments for the purposes of labeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Mayhew
"The analytical procedure developed jointly by the Humic Products Trade Association (HPTA) and the International Humic Substances Society (IHSS) has been approved by AAPFCO as the only officially recognized procedure for the analysis of humic acids and a specific category of fulvic acids. The procedure has been published in the Journal of AOAC International, a peer reviewed scientific journal, and is currently being reviewed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) as a possible international analytical standard."
A New Standardized Method for Quantification of Humic and Fulvic Acids in Humic Ores and Commercial Products

Humic Substance Label Claims for Agricultural Crop Production Consistent with AAPFCO Guidelines

If your fulvic acid product does not have the fulvic acid fraction quantified by this method, contact the manufacturer and urge them to do so.

AAPFCO definitions:

Fulvic Acid Fraction - the portion of humic substances that are soluble in both alkali and acid aqueous solutions.

Hydrophobic Fulvic Acids - are the portions of humic substances that are soluble in both alkali and acidic aqueous solutions that are separated from non-humic aqueous substances in the fulvic acid fraction by selective adsorption onto a nonionic macroporous acrylic ester resin of moderate polarity i.e. DAX-8 resin, at low pH.

Humic Substances - the major organic constituents of soil organic matter and the aquatic environment, consisting of complex heterogeneous mixtures of carbon-based substances formed by biochemical reactions during the decay and transformation of plant and microbial remains. They are primarily composed of three main fractions, called humic acids, fulvic acids, and humin, which are operationally defined by their solubility in dilute alkali and acid solutions. High concentrations of humic substances are commercially harvested from terrestrial deposits of Leonardite, oxidized lignite, oxidized sub-bituminous coals, humalite, carbonaceous shales, peat, and sapropel.
Avenger is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:32 AM #34
Sativan

Sativan has a spectacular aura aboutSativan has a spectacular aura aboutSativan has a spectacular aura aboutSativan has a spectacular aura about
Yup, anyone that's found Ful-Power from Bio Ag doesn't go back to whatever they were using. It actually improves the ability of my plants to take up nutes.

Compared to GH products it's pure gold.
Sativan is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 12:20 PM #35
Megaprop

Megaprop is on a distinguished road
Fulvic Acids are the part of the family of Humic Acids which have a low molecular weight.
The lower the molecular weight, the better the fulvic acid is at being absorbed, and chelating & transporting nutrients around the plant.

The lower the molecular weight of the fulvic acid, the lighter the solution is (given like-for-like dilution rates). Therefore, the lighter the colour, the higher quality the Fulvic Acid is likely to be.

I've tried lots of brands over the years but I've never tried Bio Ag.
The best one I have tried is by Plantlife products.

I Use a high quality Fulvic all the way through my grow.
I use it at double or triple strength in the last 2 weeks. Used in this way it actually helps to transport excess nutrient back out of the plant.

It's the best finishing tactic for final quality ever!
Megaprop is offline Quote

Old 03-24-2018, 08:11 PM #36
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Go to Leonardite.com
The Fulvic and Humic acids are derived from Leonardite. The best Leonardite comes from North Dakota and South America. Humic plus is the liquid emulsion and is $10.50 a gallon. The source fines are $25.00 for a 35 lbd bag.
These are the highest in quality and wholesale prices. I'm doing a study using various concentrations in my greenhouse with grow bags. They are 35 and 45 gallon grow bags. You are also able to re-use your soil year after year.

This is organic growing at it's finest.
Please stop using chemicals to grow your cannabis. Your hurting yourself and others by using them. If you need more production, plant one more seed. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 03-24-2018, 08:42 PM #37
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
The Fulvic and Humic acids are derived from Leonardite (slack lignite). The best Leonardite comes from North Dakota and South America.
Leonardite is the cheapest form, great for drilling mud, not as effective for bioactive products. True Leonardite has a good amount of humic, but is lower in fulvic. It maxes out at 8% fulvic, where higher quality sources are 12%. Although most Leonardite sold to gardeners is waste material from coal mining/oil drilling and contains very little fulvic acid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
is organic growing at it's finest.
Please stop using chemicals to grow your cannabis. Your hurting yourself and others by using them.
Are you aware that water is a chemical substance?
different is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:45 PM #38
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
If your fulvic acid product does not have the fulvic acid fraction quantified by this method, contact the manufacturer and urge them to do so.
State labeling laws, not the manufacturers, are currently preventing this.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:54 PM #39
different
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaprop View Post
I've tried lots of brands over the years but I've never tried Bio Ag.
The best one I have tried is by Plantlife products.
The Plantlife product isn't pure like the BioAg. It uses potassium phosphate and phosphoric acid in extraction.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:18 PM #40
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Ful-Power is pretty egregious with how much water is in the bottle. 30 ml per gallon ridiculously diluted.

I found a product called Mr. Fulvic that is OMRI listed from a company in Florida. It is 1 ml/gallon. They also have a ton of other good organic acids in there because it is sourced from shale, not leonardite like most humates on the market. It's like Frank's Red Hot- I put it on everything!
BillFarthing is offline Quote