What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mutated landraces from Bikini Atoll?

earthwyrms

mutated landraces from Bikini Atoll?

i am wondering about mutated landraces from Bikini Atoll / Marshall islands. does anyone know if there was native cannabis there that was irradiated? :D

ozza

Veteran
Yes there is cannabis that has sprouted wings and teeth. It chops you up and smokes ur ass!

:)

on a serious note, why would you care? just for the sake of knowing or to breed with?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I'm a freak when it comes to Atom bombs and their history. I have never seen/read anything about cannabis being native to those islands. Even if there was, I highly doubt any would have survived being at ground zero for any of the weapons they detonated on those islands.

Have you ever watched any of the vids? Everything in sight was vaporized, almost instantaneously. Shit the one they set off, that I have for my location, was more yield than they expected, and it fucked a bunch of people up that were like 50-60 miles away.

There is cannabis growing at the sight of Chernobyl. From what I have read, the cannabis actually de-contaminates the soil it grows in.

CoCoSativas

I'm a freak when it comes to Atom bombs and their history. I have never seen/read anything about cannabis being native to those islands. Even if there was, I highly doubt any would have survived being at ground zero for any of the weapons they detonated on those islands.

Have you ever watched any of the vids? Everything in sight was vaporized, almost instantaneously. Shit the one they set off, that I have for my location, was more yield than they expected, and it fucked a bunch of people up that were like 50-60 miles away.

There is cannabis growing at the sight of Chernobyl. From what I have read, the cannabis actually de-contaminates the soil it grows in.

Everything double triple said is 100% legit. Lol his location references the biggest shot at bikini... the runaway reaction they didn't realize the lithium they thought was inert filler turned into the fusion isotope of lithium and had a wack ass reaction much larger than expected (about 3 times the shot was supposed to be only 5 mt) they learned alot with that test. Same with ivy Mike but Mike wasn't deliverable it was basically a nuclear building. Required cryogenics to keep the fusion fuel (different fuel) cold and liquid not gas... anyway Mike went as planned at 10 and castle bravo was 12 or 15 I'm to high to remember but think 15. The scary thing about the shrimp device from castle bravo is it was air droppable and could be scaled up with no limit.

Now these days the ballistic misses are amazing the accuracy is nuts. Plus they can hit several locations with one launch multiple warheads per missile. The trident 2 they carry on the subs are particularly amazing. No need to surface. Launch from torpedo tube and hit the other side of the world. Amazing. All with math, speed of missile, curve of earth and speed of rotation, they put It into a ballistic path through low orbit and drop it down to exactly where they want with inertial or GPS based nav... Super scary but in my mind one of humanities most incredible accomplishments to be able to put a object from one side of the earth to another with amazing speed and accuracy. All pure math. Makes my head hurt.

Some of the pics like the Mike shot were really pretty. It would have been amazing to see as a observer from a actually safe distance shielded. Scary to think what came before the cloud.

Anyway to the ops question no way would dope plants survived castle bravo, tango or any of the other massive shots. Those devices had so much power just the Shockwave would have stripped the land bare before the fireball even made it. These were above surface in shot cabs, doing incredible damage making massive craters where there were islands.

I can see where the thought came from bit not likely. Nothing would have survived that not even bacteria. I don't think bacteria survive pressure or heat like that, we use autoclaves in tattooing and medical tool sterilization and heat and pressure kills em dead so the fusion reaction s they were creating was strait up Makin shit disappear

Dognponyshow

All plants do this, these elements they decontaminate earth of are what we call "nutrients". Rice for instance loves arsenic, it absorbs/eats it rapidly and concentrates it in its grain. China knows and abuses this so buy your rice from California if you want consistently safe exposure levels.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

There is cannabis growing at the sight of Chernobyl. From what I have read, the cannabis actually de-
contaminates the soil it grows in.

Yes, that reminds me - I have heard about using cannabis for bio-remediation.

As far as the Bikini radiation - heck, the US did lots of nuclear tests in Nevada.

Did it affect any local plants including hemp (it was the 50's and 60's, not much primo sinse being grown outdoors) ... I wonder.

In terms of overlap between nuclear radiation and cannabis - the US has used a lot (hundreds of tons) of depleted uranium in Iraq and Afghanistan.

DU is uranium that has less radiation - but if one does a search for "Depleted Uranium birth defects Iraq" - DU certainly does produce mutations, in humans.

Would the DU in Afghanistan affect some of the primo native seedstock ?

There are so many variables.

CoCoSativas

Yes, that reminds me - I have heard about using cannabis for bio-remediation.

As far as the Bikini radiation - heck, the US did lots of nuclear tests in Nevada.

Did it affect any local plants including hemp (it was the 50's and 60's, not much primo sinse being grown outdoors) ... I wonder.

In terms of overlap between nuclear radiation and cannabis - the US has used a lot (hundreds of tons) of depleted uranium in Iraq and Afghanistan.

DU is uranium that has less radiation - but if one does a search for "Depleted Uranium birth defects Iraq" - DU certainly does produce mutations, in humans.

Would the DU in Afghanistan affect some of the primo native seedstock ?

There are so many variables.

Humans are alot more sensitive to rads... a lethal dose for us is probably irritating and may slow the plant but harm it I doubt they don't have organs to damage like ours, no fats for these metals to bio accumulate the same way, so yeah they suck it out of the ground but I don't think it hurts them

CoCoSativas

^^^ I'm pretty sure Gamma radiation is harmful to all life... including plants.

Harmful maybe but I imagine a plants lethal exposure would be pretty difficult to produce... they don't have organs so a lethal dose to you and I us probably nothing much to dope plants

Interesting read. My Grandfather was in the AF and participated in the testing. I remember being a little guy up at the cabin and he pulls out these goggles and tells me that he wore them while watching an atomic device detonate. It literally blew my mind.

He is still doing well and is in his mid 80's and participates in ongoing VA testing to monitor the long term affects of his exposure.

This thread reminds me I should chat with him more about the subject.

guineapig

Veteran
There are signs on the island that say something like "Not To Be Inhabited for 10,000 years" or something crazy like that, who knows who will read these signs in 10,000 years?

Also I recall one report of sharks with an extra fin, and there was a population of these sharks, but they had stabilized and seemed to be doing ok, they just had an extra fin.

The Marshall Islands is the common name for this land mass. Apparently it is quite beautiful there now and the flora and fauna have recovered from the effects of the test.

I hear the same thing about other nuclear zones in various countries around the world.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

earthwyrms

if a previous crop cycled, the seed could have been buried. i don't think under ground temperatures raise much unless it is real close to the blast. i guess the pioneers of the marshall islands didn't smoke pot though. also i found this image.

Attachments

• colorized-photo-of-nuclear-bomb-test-at-bikini-atoll-picture.jpg
    colorized-photo-of-nuclear-bomb-test-at-bikini-atoll-picture.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Radioactivity from Uranium and Plutonium is too strong if you wish to get some
"positive" mutation inside plant traits..

If you wish to get plants that are treated with radioactivity than you need to look
in U.S.A. Pacific Coast line that was get and still getting plume from Fukushima Daiichi,

those outdoor buds are first on a plume way(beside Hawaii) so as bioacumulation progress in tissues
and Cannabis have a 6 month outdoor ciclus there are big possibility that those
plants absorb a lot of Fuku radiactivity.

Problem with Fukushima is that coriums are still burning deep in a ground and underground waters washing those huge radiactivity inside Pacific Ocean,

so Pacific will be "Death Sea" very soon.... and there are already huge die offs of
different species.

Also need to add that mass media dont cover this catastrophical event properly at all...
people are keeped in a dark with informations..,and i think on Fuku radiactivity plume that hits more than 4 years that shores.

I dont belive that ignoring a problem made him to dissapear...,and Fukushima is
a biggest problem that World haves in this moment.

Enenews are best site for founding more data about Fukushima..

earthwyrms

i don't get how every nuclear blast wasn't a nuclear disaster, if they all threw radioactive nuclei into the atmosphere and water. is it the cases where it doesn't mix everywhere the problem? does it all sink to the sediment layers in the sea? is it iodine131 mostly and that the aquatic biological absorption has no migrancy, with all organisms eating, excreting and living/dying in the same place? <---EDIT: i am not sure why i wrote this. stuff disperses, the radioactivity levels of the world / atmosphere rose slightly from above ground testing. hotspots make more problems with a steady source, like a leaking reactor. concentration in biological, stuff eats stuff systems, where there is concentration increases up the food chain and where there wouldn't be a spread out dispersal of the schools of fish (but it's the ocean. so probably it disperses over time) would be something i guess. if dolphins got fingers, i guess the world would eventually become a different place. blah blah blah, i can't delete this it's been quoted. whoo yeah dolphins in space! the coming age of Überdolphensch. you ever wonder if the leviathins from mass effect are real?

also, i am wondering,
is alpha particle radiation usefull for mutation, or the supposed gamma from the exited state, in alpha emitters after transmutation,
or is x-ray radiation more usefull. i think low amounts can have positive effects on growth.

also, i wonder what the difference between beta radiation and extremely high voltage/low amperage electrical circuits through plants. ok, i realized this as i typed it, the energy per electron would need to be really really high to equal electron volt of the beta discharge. but anyway, i wonder what some high voltage/low amperage static electricity would do for plant growth/health/evolution, seed germination... tesla soil :D

*i think low amounts can have positive effects on growth. i imagine lining a micro cabinet with rad max shielding or a castable shield,,or just lead plate, and running a light x-ray generator on the plants at regular intervals and capturing the photos on an electrnic system somehow every burst and also getting a timelapse x-ray movie from different angles as a secondary result of the experiments. i don't know how to make an electronic x-ray camera though. also, what if over generations the plant strain/s can be grown and bred in these conditions, with increasingly more and more radiation dose strength and/or radiation, to strengthen the genetics/plants so maybe they can survive space radiation? <---EDIT: i like this. actually i read that small amounts of x-rays stimulate plants in some way. i'd like to have a time lapse video in x-ray, but electronic film is needed because photo plates is mostly impractical.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts