What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BUDDER MAKING MADE PUBLIC

G

Can't wait to see it Baron

We'll be calling you BvB soon, for Baron von Budder....... :woohoo:

Some pics of the tuna budder coming up.

Last edited:
G

An illustration for the noobs on what 'buddering up' means.
See the slight change in color, and the definate change in texture.
Harder to tell on the pin, but as oil it forms a globe, but as budder I can mold it with my finger into shape.

Last edited:
G

You know Doc, I bought this piece of shit camera at a pawn shop for $120 Canadian, 2Mp, folding pocket cam with rotating TFT active matrix LCD screen. Coulda got a regular digi cam with more Mp for $80.

It's all you need, even a lesser used camera will get ya goin......

Last edited:
G

Great thread guys...gotta love the img tag...

7713closebudddeerrr.JPG

4893PICT0817.JPG

just what we need to be calling this stuff glass lol...
7668bbls1.jpg

4812Picture_087.jpg

Last edited:
G

Lala
I think you need to try budder, then that question would be redundant.
The iso stops oxygenation as oil, then it's budder just like that, there isn't time for much of it.

Mercer
I have heard others say yes, most of them use butane, but I myself use iso, and it doesn't always for me......

G

The only strain I havent gotten to budder up yet with tane is the Original Timewarp cutting, and even then a few batches did budder up with enough time spent at it.

G

lala,

I have some oil that looks identical to that picture ... in terms of colour and texture ....

howd you make that?

G

lala said:
I've tryed oil with every solvent you can think of with many different methods of extration

So now how redundant is the question

Link me to where you got that info...lol...if it's true there should all kinds of links to back that claim

More rhetorical than redundant if you've smoked it.
Why WOULDN'T I do that to my oil would be a better question.
Smoother, smells more (if using iso), more of a refined taste, should I go on?

As for stopping oxygenation, look in any grade-school science text, oxygenation happens in the presence of OXYGEN.
Pretty hard to do when submerged in iso......

Last edited:
G

Verite said:
Thats why from a solvent standpoint in the use of MJ theres really no difference between 99% iso and 100% iso. Imo 100% iso from a chemical standpoint is kind of misleading since they are simply adding a drying agent to attempt to pull as much water out of the 99%. I dont think its possible to pull it all out since iso forms an azeotrope* with water at 87.4% alcohol.

* Im also pretty sure that iso forms the same azeotrope relation with cannabis oils [ any oils really ] to the point where regardless of how well you purge it the iso will still be in there because its infused by the azeotrope relation.

Then know that the human liver converts iso into acetone inside the body and I think in the long run that could be a very bad thing to injest.

I agree that the extra 1% isn't a big deal.

I disagree, resin is not water soluble, and when I whip my oil into budder, the smell of iso disappears completely, leaving dry paste that smells and tastes just like the weed did.
Iso has a strong, distinct smell, it's definately gone......

G

After much debate, discussion with experts has yielded this info on budder.

Budder is an emulsion of sorts, partially hydrogenated honey-oil if you will, for lack of a better term.

I find that funny, because the guy who named it budder (Kooksie) called it that only because his top grade Watty budder has the texture of magarine, or...... butter, and it turns out it actually is an emulsion, like butter.

(real budder made using iso is not totally dry, it has a texture just like margarine at room temperature. Budder can be made using butane, but it is much more difficult to control how far you cook the solvent off, as butane boils off at room temp., thus making it harder to achieve the 'budder state'. All budder will dry out eventually if left in the open, I keep mine in a container to preserve the texture)

G

You want oxygenation La la?

I think you should try this method, if you want dry, I can cook it right down and it will be dry the next day.
Why wait 20 days? I think you have been misinformed on what is necessary.

I'm not trying to be ignorant, so hear me out.

If by purge, you mean cook the iso out of the oil, I put the oil on a plate, spread thin like you suggest.
Then when it's done (just shy of cooking ALL of the iso out), I take it off with a blade, and let it cool.
I then put it back on the plate and heat it until there are no more tiny bubbles (they look like tiny raindrops). At this point it will often 'cloud up', or budder up right on the plate, depending on the strain.
I then collect it, and after it cools, I heat and stir it until it isn't oil anymore, it sets up into budder.

Partially hydrogenated honey oil......

G

Ixnay
If you're still around, sorry, I missed your question.
That wasn't me, naming coincidence......

Lala, you seriously need to re-read the description.

If what you have 'quoted from me' doesn't create budder, you keep heating and stirring until it does.
I can tell you for a fact that this product contains NO iso. Do you honestly think your 20 day method leaves less iso?

Let me inform you, there is LESS iso left in a stirred resin base, than in a non-stirred base.

The resin traps the iso molecule in the layers of sticky THC/cannabinoid molecules, stirring not only exposes and removes them, it does so in a quick fashion, as we all know, air, heat, and light exposure degrades THC.
Getting the iso out right away means I can close my container right away, protecting the contents from exposure from it's biggest enemy, 'the time' exposed.
20 days, that's a lot of exposure.

The vigorous stirring exposes the iso molecules to air, and creates a minute amount of heat, allowing them to evaporate. Just because you take 20 days to do what I can do in 20 minutes doesn't mean you are correct.

Have a look, no shine, sheen, or runniness, just dry, partially hydrogenated honey oil.

For now, keep your opinions, I have smoked all grades of oil, hash, rub, fmcd, kief, weed, etc., and nothing compares to budder.
Bho glass can compare, but the only way to know without smoking it, is if it's in a budder state, as even a small amount of contamination can prevent oil from buddering up.

And in case you've not been paying attention, lots of oil and bho won't be light colored like my budder, because many people haven't yet learned how to get the pure resin off of the plant w/o any plant material, and drying it to perfection, and I do mean perfect, laboratory tests have shown 'Watty' (my Kush strain) budder to be the most potent smoking material ever tested......

tug outta here - :beat-dead

Last edited:
G

THAT"S RIGHT< THE MOST POTENT EVER !

THAT"S RIGHT< THE MOST POTENT EVER !

Just for clarification, the BudderKing has the same strain I do (I gave it to him), and while some of his retail budder falls a little short, the 'Real Mccoy' budder he makes has been tested by Dr. Hornby (www.hedron.ca), and was the highest potency ever tested, 99.6% THC and Cannabinoids/(85% THC), no contaminant/mold/heavy metals......

When someone has some hard data to prove something is better, I'll buy it, literally......

peace - tug

ps, anyone who doubts me (anyone respectful, that is), PM me your safe-address, and I'll send you a few hoots of the 'watty budder', so you can compare for yourself......
(now if that 'put up' doesn't do the 'shut up', I don't know what will)

EDITED: Reread article, misquoted %, actually much lower (85%).

Last edited:
G

i think that % is B.S., but i agree it's likely safe to ingest

here's a bunch of Jimi budder

as bho resin:

buddered up:

just like the tuna, this is likely the best tasting resin your buddy's ever toked.

G

I guess that means that he purged the shit out of it until there were no terpenoids left, only thc...it would be interesting to send the same sample to 2 chemists to see if their numbers jive, reason I say that is because I have seen hornby put out some pretty wild numbers on thc tests in the past, some bud he tested went as high as 35%

G

c-ray said:
I guess that means that he purged the shit out of it until there were no terpenoids left, only thc...it would be interesting to send the same sample to 2 chemists to see if their numbers jive, reason I say that is because I have seen hornby put out some pretty wild numbers on thc tests in the past, some bud he tested went as high as 35%

I agree with both of you, so I will do that, send me the addresses in a PM......

Rms 'chat' is working......