What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Understanding Lecithin Ratio

fall

Hi Everyone,

I am working with soy lecithin for the first time and I am trying to understand how to calculate the correct ratio of lecithin. Should it be against the total volume (bho + oil), or just to the oil or just to the bho. Any help is appreciated.

blastfrompast

Veteran
I toss a tsp in with my hot chocolate and canacoconut oil, mixes the oil with the hot chocolate much better.

effects are felt faster, but dont last as long for me.

MrManDead

ive had good results with 1/3 teaspoon per gram of concentrate, and tablespoon per oz of flowers. no science backing, just my results.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
on their website the Magical Butter Machine people say to use 1 tblspn per cup of oil or butter so thats what i've been using and my butter and oil are very fine i think.

peace, bozo

Stutters

I'm new to the group and just received the powdered sunflower lecithin from Amazon.com.
I am having trouble getting the lecithin to mix in with liquid. Added to my hot tea and it just sat there. I tried stirring it in and it just ended up clumped at the bottom if my cup? Is there a tip or trick?

Popihead

Lecithin can come in the powdered or liquid variety. Personally, I prefer the liquid as it mixes in very fast. I am currently making gummy batches of 26 units each using 1tsp of liquid lecithin. It seems to do the trick. The lecithin is supposed to help breakdown the organic material even more and encapsulating it to keep it's bioavailability. Lecithin increases absorption of THC and other Cannabinoids into your cell membranes and helps the body process the thc. When I have added more than 1tsp, it has affected the stability of my personal gummies so I either cut back or add more jello.

happyjane

I've had good results with 1tbsp/cup oil. You can use as little as 1tsp/cup with results, but more will increase the absorption rate.

SteelyX

For a flower-oil infusion, the first reason the lecithin is there to help compounds in the flower mix (emulsify) with the oil and increases the efficiency of a flower infusion.

For a concentrate infusion, this first reason is not needed as the concentrate is fully oil soluble already.

For both flower-oil and concentrate-oil infusions, the second reason the lecithin is there is that these oil soluble cannabinoids must now emulsify with fluids coating the mucous membrane in order to be absorbed. The lecithin present in the infusion performs this role.

The proper ratio seems to be 1-3% of the weight of the total weight of the fat soluble infusion.

This is the reference:

https://books.google.com/books?id=s...v=onepage&q=rectal absorption lecithin&f=true

picture.php

I have had good results with this ratio.