What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curing in a Vacuum

cannatomick

sealer

sealer

Hi everybody, I have been using my food sealer for about 8 years now and to tell you that this works perfect for curing and storing bud , get your bud to the right dry stage and seal in the jars, as time goes by the flavors really come out, the best investment for keeping your bud perfect, I have had bud stored for over two years and it was truly amazing, I dont think you want to CAN your bud, that requires you to boil the jars and lids, just like canning tomatoes, , nomadd- I think space is a vacuum, it will suck all the air out of you just like the sealer,, ??, they have those vacuum chambers at nasa that make it like space,
Air-oxygen is the enemy,

L

LolaGal

Yippie! Thanks for posting Canntomick! That is exactly what I was wondering! Thanks for posting your experiences with this method. Also thanks for the pics! Good job!

I don't see the Foodsaver sealing machine as an expense. It works so well for storing food that it inspired me to store weed in there! I love vaccum sealing. It works so well for keeping things fresh. I like to reseal those big potato chip bags I get after opening. Just use the heat seal, no vaccum of course. Keeps chips fresh.

Anything that can combine my 2 faves, eating and smoking is a must have! :)

i have had a food saver for a long time tried theplastic containers havent tried the mason jar attchment. as long as my unit has the hoses hook up that will work with the mason jar attachment? thanks and good luck.

L

LolaGal

i have had a food saver for a long time tried theplastic containers havent tried the mason jar attchment. as long as my unit has the hoses hook up that will work with the mason jar attachment? thanks and good luck.

That is what Foodsaver sez! Yes, as long as you have a hose attachment, the Mason Jar Sealer Attachment is $10.

I was sorta confused when I first started researching the Mason Jar Sealer attachment.

Foodsaver wants you to think you need a $10 lid for EACH Mason Jar! Not True!

You only need one sealer attachment to do as many jars as you like!

I think Foodsaver is sorta trying to rip us off without coming out and saying so. lol. Just get ONE!

This will totally eliminate the need for those plastic containers they sell. Foodsaver is shooting themselves in the foot with this one. I would get one before they wise up and figure it out... lol

cannatomick

LolaGal, Ya this machine is used for everything, anything that will fit in the jars will get sealed, I used to use the bags but that is too expensive, this has paid for itself many times over, the jars and lids are all reuseable and dishwasher safe

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just make sure to get the right lid size, they have two sizes for mason jars

eddie.saw

my ex-boss used to do this... i smoked a jar from 02 last year and the taste and high were superb compared to the harvest from the that season..

i belive it was nebula..

but yeah give it a go.. i'm sure you wont me disappointed in your work.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
I am on dialup, so links are hard for me... sorry.

Go to Amazon and do a search. It will pop right up! There is a wide mouth jar sealer attachment and a regular mouth size as well.

Or search eBay

Poor Lola, gotta sit and smoke that doobie waiting on the slow line. lol
I'll bet some of these pages with the jumbo pictures take longer than 1 joint to load.

Thank gawd for munchies huh?

Speaking of which,,,,,,,

Think I'll keep an eye open for the seal-a-meal thigies at the thrift stores and garage sales so I can play too!.

Shine All!

L

LolaGal

Think I'll keep an eye open for the seal-a-meal thigies at the thrift stores and garage sales so I can play too!.

Good Luck! I looked at every yard sale all summer long, no dice. Couldn't find one! Dadgummit!

I did see a report from another consumer that the Jar Sealer will work with other vacuum machines, so if you can find another sealer on sale somewhere??

Cheapest Foodsaver I found online was $49, at least one with a hose attachment.

I have been using the foodsaver with the mason jar attatchments for a while now, and I am just using up some jars that are dated 10/1/07 and 10/8/07. I have not noticed any loss of potency- possibly some degradation of terpenes . I did noticed that the 2+ year old buds have turned a brown color, they didn't maintain their green color. I usually cure for 6-8 weeks before they are sealed and vacuumed. Also, the buds didn't fluff up (like the marshmellow).
I really like mine for food items as well!!
peace,
as

L

LolaGal

dang, I don't think i could ever go 2 years and leave the bud in the jar... lol

thanks for the interesting post!

baet

is the foodsaver handheld vacumn sealer, priced 30$ on ebay have the accessory port for attaching and using the mason jar sealer lola??

L

LolaGal

I have read that it works baet, but I don't know from personal experience. I mean spend $30, go for broke, spend the other 19 and get the real thing? :)

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Someone was saying something about a sealer that injects nitrogen gas into the bags, supposed to keep stuff super fresh for even longer than regular vacuum sealing. Interesting thread Lola! :yes:

vdber86

Someone was saying something about a sealer that injects nitrogen gas into the bags, supposed to keep stuff super fresh for even longer than regular vacuum sealing. Interesting thread Lola! :yes:

Its called gas flush. They use this method to package the cheese that they use at your local taco bell. It keeps cheese crazy fresh. But I have no idea what what it would do to buds.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Its called gas flush.

That's what I'll call farts under the covers now! lol

I've been semi quietly watching - thinking part of curing is the reaction of the bud with air - which is what is being called degradation here.

I think there is a difference between dyring, curing and storage stages.
Just like vacum storage won't work for fresh bud, for best results bud still needs to be properly dried.

Or is "Curing" part of the degrading?

Or,, does thedegradng start when the curings is done?

hmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Latest posts