What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best coco Nutrient? Advanced, Canna, OR H&G

cultiv8

I agree with what most people have said. Don't buy into hype, don't assume this, that, or the other.

But don't rule anything out regardless of whether it looks good or bad or whatever. Sometimes a flashy product is justifiably flashy. Sometimes the pricier option isn't all label, but has the substance to back it up.

To me that's what Advanced Nutrients is. It's worked better for me than anything else I've tried, and I've been around the block a few times. So I'd say to not discount it without trying it.

nissan 420

I would not use Advanced monkey juice or overdrive. I bought both and the part b of the monkey juice was bad and the overdrive went bad in two months and has something floating in it now.:wallbash:
Thanks for listening, hope this helps some people steer away from advanced products.

S

sinappi

Got same probs with jumpstar..went bad pretty fast nissanman. No thanks to advanced..

pico

Veteran
Here is what I am currently using.

House and Garden Aqua Flakes
House and Garden Roots Excel
House and Garden MultiZyme
House and Garden BudXL
Botanicare Liquid Karma
Botanicare Cal Mag Plus
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive

When I run out of BudXL and Multizyme, I will probably stop using it. I have a friend who uses the Aqua flakes without those 2 products and I am not sure I see much of a difference. I will see for myself. Probably would be just fine without them and they are one of the more expensive parts of the H&G line. The base nutes from them are dirt cheap, and work fantastic. I use the Aqua Flakes for everything and never never ever pH anything. I stopped using my pH pen 2 or 3 years ago now since I switched. Many different locations, different sources of water....the Aqua Flakes doesn't care, it works the pH out by itself. I pay $110 to $135 per 5 gallon set of the A+B. I use on average about 10ml per gallon, so it is a great deal for a base nutrient. Now the Roots Excelurator is like $90 for 500ml, so that shit is spendy, but it works great so I use it.

Big Bud and Overdrive I don't have much experience with, but I just started using it this round and it seems to be a good combo. I am in week 5 and will be switching from Big Bud to Overdrive soon.

All of this is in coco. 15 gallon pots, hand watered.

I have used the Aqua flakes in everything with good results. Ebb and flow, top drip run to waste, soil, hydroton, coco, rockwool.....whatever you throw at it, it just works and works well.

Omerta

im a firm believer in the general

every year i get my freebies from other companies and try out their shit and gh still does me right every time, just have whatever it is you like dialed proper and nothing can beat that.

im about to try out the h&g in coco for the first time, use up all that free shit thats taking space

Solidopc

Here is what I am currently using.

House and Garden Aqua Flakes
House and Garden Roots Excel
House and Garden MultiZyme
House and Garden BudXL
Botanicare Liquid Karma
Botanicare Cal Mag Plus
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive

When I run out of BudXL and Multizyme, I will probably stop using it. I have a friend who uses the Aqua flakes without those 2 products and I am not sure I see much of a difference. I will see for myself. Probably would be just fine without them and they are one of the more expensive parts of the H&G line. The base nutes from them are dirt cheap, and work fantastic. I use the Aqua Flakes for everything and never never ever pH anything. I stopped using my pH pen 2 or 3 years ago now since I switched. Many different locations, different sources of water....the Aqua Flakes doesn't care, it works the pH out by itself. I pay $110 to $135 per 5 gallon set of the A+B. I use on average about 10ml per gallon, so it is a great deal for a base nutrient. Now the Roots Excelurator is like $90 for 500ml, so that shit is spendy, but it works great so I use it.

Big Bud and Overdrive I don't have much experience with, but I just started using it this round and it seems to be a good combo. I am in week 5 and will be switching from Big Bud to Overdrive soon.

All of this is in coco. 15 gallon pots, hand watered.

I have used the Aqua flakes in everything with good results. Ebb and flow, top drip run to waste, soil, hydroton, coco, rockwool.....whatever you throw at it, it just works and works well.

I've been thinking of using my aqua flakes on my coco plants once my canna coco a+b runs out. I've used it on soil before and it worked fine, and i thought it should work well on coco too.

Definately will use what i have left there when i'm out of canna. Infact, i might do it sooner and do a little side-by-side with two cuttings to see which works best.

Not sure about not ph'ing my coco feeds though even with aqua flakes. Are you saying that the aqua flakes automatically worked your ph to 5.8, or that you never checked and never noticed any problem?

pico

Veteran
I've been thinking of using my aqua flakes on my coco plants once my canna coco a+b runs out. I've used it on soil before and it worked fine, and i thought it should work well on coco too.

Definately will use what i have left there when i'm out of canna. Infact, i might do it sooner and do a little side-by-side with two cuttings to see which works best.

Not sure about not ph'ing my coco feeds though even with aqua flakes. Are you saying that the aqua flakes automatically worked your ph to 5.8, or that you never checked and never noticed any problem?

In the multiple towns, states, and water supplies I have grown at, I have never adjusted my pH with Aqua Flakes. Don't even remember the last time I checked the pH. My plants are as healthy as they could possibly be. Do a test, forget about your meter, and just let the Aqua Flakes do their thing.

A general feed I do for healthy coco plants is 10ml of each A+B per gallon. Maybe go less for smaller plants with small lights. More if you are in the middle of flowering with big plants and big lights. They have a feed chart that is pretty damn accurate. Once you have worked with the strain and the nutrients, you just feed by feel.

pico

Veteran
nope, H&G is a two part (A+B)

aquaFlakes-l.jpg

Hey cheeks! Thanks for your info i have been flowing your threads closely. I was wondering if you could list your feeding scheduel for growth and bloom with the 3 part GH, please and thank you. Im new to coco and i want to see if i can pull off similar results with my grow. or do you just follow the GH feed scheduel?

regards

jackiee

canna coco a+b rhizotonic, cannazime, pk 13/14 and canna coco. ph 5.8 ec in veg start low and rise to 1.2 in flower go up to about 1.6 you will get great results

wholelottasmoke

Overdrive and my grows...

Overdrive and my grows...

Just want to say that I am a true believer in Advanced Nutrients and their Overdrive product. Truly, ever since I started to use this, I have seen my harvests grow exponentially. What sucks is that I didn't really need to grow that much...not that I didn't find ways to make good use of the yield.

Yes, products come and they go, but Advanced Nutrients really seems to understand what canna growers need. From what I understand, their products are made specifically for canna, which is what sold me in the first place.

My flower sizes increased dramatically and let's just say I'm an Advanced Nutrients believer. Slowly incorporating more and more of their products into my grows has helped me see better harvests almost every time.

I'm not sure why some people are saying their AN nutes went bad. Did you try to return them? They have a 100% money back guarantee, you know...or maybe my hydro store is better than where others might be at.

:woohoo:

Y

YosemiteSam

So wholelottasomething...which of your AN products did you return through your hydro store...and why?????

W

W.P.

is the H&G 3 parts this:

flora grow
flora bllom
flora micro

anything else needed in coco?
i was dumb and bought fox farm nutes bc i thought i was going to go soil but saw all the threads abt coco and decided to go coco....yea i know lets just leave that one alone....

this is one right?
http://generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/floraseries.html

New to coco so.... Take this with a grain of salt.

FOX FARM rocks!! It's a chelated mix of organic and salt based ferts. Maybe not for the person who does not measure exact and strong but, follow there feed chart (not on the bottle!!! , Which leads me to believe that is their problem.) and you'll get great results. Best IMO

I still switching brands and i have not come close to amount resin FF brings....

New to coco so.... Take this with a grain of salt.

FOX FARM rocks!! It's a chelated mix of organic and salt based ferts. Maybe not for the person who does not measure exact and strong but, follow there feed chart (not on the bottle!!! , Which leads me to believe that is their problem.) and you'll get great results. Best IMO

I still switching brands and i have not come close to amount resin FF brings....
Are you doing short veg time? Do you have hard water? Their feed chart is way too concentrated for my plants.

N-P-Kali

I started with canna's 2-part base nutrient and had very nice results with it. Currently though I've been trying out Bloom's (yellow bottle) 2 part base nutrient for coco and so far I like what I'm seeing.

Latest posts

Latest posts