What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2018

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks for stopping by fellas!

i can see that U put a lot of care into your garden ... i bet ur ganja luvs U
Love is the secret ingredient ;)

No till for the win. I love simplicity. Unfortunately I am a glutton for punishment, and I keep doing things the hard way.
I'm really liking it, but really it's not a whole lot different than using bottles. I still feed kelp teas, barley, aloe, fulvic and humic acids...

Safe Gardener

I'm interested in that solo strip light that you put together. Are those the Samsung chips?

It looks like you are using that to replace one of your 70w chm's is that right?

Edit:

Oh yeah, in for another year of awesomeness!!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The CMH was 150-watt, so these use less energy and run way cooler. These are two strips at 4000K and a 5000K strip in the middle.

From solstrip.com:
Size: 400 mm x 30 mm (15.75” x 1.2”)
Power consumption: 36.8 to 48.4 watts
Output: 9000 lumens
LEDs: 96 diodes Samsung LM561C S6 bin (LM561B+ for 3500K)
Color rendering index: 80

Operating current (If): 1400 mA - 2000 mA
Max current: 2400 mA
Operating Voltage (Vf): 18.4 to 24.2 Vdc
Luminous Flux: 7200 – 9000 lm
Efficacy: 161 – 212 lm/w

PCB materials: Aluminum on 2 oz. RA copper core
Thickness: 1.6mm
Thermal conductivity coefficient: 1.5
Mounting Options: M3 screw holes, thermal tape
Electrical Connectors: 2 x 18-22 AWG push-in

HTH
Rx

Safe Gardener

How big an area is it that you have those three strips over? I have a 200 watt driver that I'm thinking of getting four strips to run in a dresser converted to a flower cab.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The three strip light is good for about a 2'x2' at 12" The cab these are in is 30x30, but im taking advantage of the lower light area for clones.

30-40 watts per square foot are the recommended rating for strips like these.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
yo Reiko, those light strips look sweet.

I crossed the ancestral skunk to itself, got a couple hundred tiny black beans :)

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
picture.php

I have a harvest photo, the yield was good, but the quality was not so great. No exceptional plants and one with lots of male flowers. Two were musky with a bit of sweet to them. Reminded me of old school Mexican. One has almost no smell and absolutely no taste. It's smooth and they all are medium potency with a bit of a lag before it takes effect.

I washed 100 grams through the bubble bags and only got about 5.5 grams of hash back from all the bags. I pressed out some rosin and it's good, but not exceptional. I tried making flower rosin and missed a seed or two. You remember that taste of a seed in the bowl? Well concentrate that and dab it. :puke:

I'm not sure how I feel about the skunk. Right now, I am thinking I have better genetics available. I am thinking about gifting the remaining to someone with the space and time to hunt through them. I still have the clones, and would consider re-running them one more time without seeds.

doams

View Image
I'm not sure how I feel about the skunk

skunk is what makes me completely lost/forget about world/problems
but I dont like that old school smell its just stinks too much and the effect is devastating for me.
but if I want to get completely utterly wasted then its a good choice
its definitely not wake and bake and go to work stuff I would get lost and never arrive there and nothing would be done on that day anyway..
:biggrin:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I'm not sure how I feel about the skunk. Right now, I am thinking I have better genetics available. I am thinking about gifting the remaining to someone with the space and time to hunt through them. I still have the clones, and would consider re-running them one more time without seeds.

Well, these weren't really offered as something to grow out and it would be great. Its more like this is an opportunity to hunt for a roadkill pheno, is how it was billed, and also the best use for them i'd think. Most will be just so so. RKS leaners are much more highly covetable though

~star~crash~

do peeps still grow out the skunk#one from seed?..is sk#1 till being sold in regular non feminized stock? i grew out the sk#1 in 2007 it was really good...nothing skunks about it at all ..it was 100% sweet ...i did it outdoors still have pics somewhere

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Well, these weren't really offered as something to grow out and it would be great. Its more like this is an opportunity to hunt for a roadkill pheno, is how it was billed, and also the best use for them i'd think. Most will be just so so. RKS leaners are much more highly covetable though
Yes these seeds pre-date the stabilized SK#1. I knew this when I bought them. I couldn't resist the opportunity to get my hands on this piece of history. They will get grown out eventually, but I doubt I will run the clones again.

do peeps still grow out the skunk#one from seed?..is sk#1 till being sold in regular non feminized stock? i grew out the sk#1 in 2007 it was really good...nothing skunks about it at all ..it was 100% sweet ...i did it outdoors still have pics somewhere
I'm not sure if Sam is still selling Skunk#1 seeds, I know there are some crosses through Breeders Retail.

But I have Durban Poison testers going now, and an undisclosed cross I'll be testing soon. Beans should be here tomorrow. :biggrin:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran

As far as we know this batch is from 1992 or 1993.