What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

romanoweed

1) Size of spliff: they used for the test a Rizla 1 1/4 size paper filled pinky finger size and rolled without filter southamerican style
2) Duration of effects: entheogen users report first spliff hits 30 min, second spliff hits 15 min 3rd spliff no high
3) Munchies report: intermediate munchies after 30 min of the first, certainly an apetite opener
4) Type of effect: outdoors activities or sitting in the chair high for movies/videogames? Outdoor activity weed
5) Quality and duration of effects
in general i tell you only what i want to tell its intimate experience..
1) 3 puffs for me... me and two other guys sharing a way too small bud-sample (we thought) in an almost falling appart small joint..
2) duration is my secret
3)munchies never get
4) activities secret, but nothing outstanding like baseumping or such, lol hanging out and bit of activities. just a totlally normal day .
5) ultimate experince . seeing things, very anxietyfree from the start. (i mostly want the bud back because zero anxiety by the way, but in my theory any change and degredation of the intensity of a strain might result in overall changes of the effect, and with it change the anxiety-free sideffectsfree quality. duration is a secret like mentioned..

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
in general i tell you only what i want to tell its intimate experience..
1) 3 puffs for me... me and two other guys sharing a way too small bud-sample (we thought) in an almost falling appart small joint..
2) duration is my secret
3)munchies never get
4) activities secret, but nothing outstanding like baseumping or such, lol hanging out and bit of activities. just a totlally normal day .
5) ultimate experince . seeing things, very anxietyfree from the start. (i mostly want the bud back because zero anxiety by the way, but in my theory any change and degredation of the intensity of a strain might result in overall changes of the effect, and with it change the anxiety-free sideffectsfree quality. duration is a secret like mentioned..
The reason I dont shout it from the roof tops is I cant get that particular type of weed anymore and it was rare even back in the day in Malawi where I had it.
The first time I experienced tripping weed was at 16 I had been smoking low grade weed for a couple of years by that time and thought I had a handle on it.
I met an older guy in town one day who used to be a teacher of mine when I was at school.
He asked me if I wanted to get high I said yes we scored from a pimp in the red light district 3 twists of Malawi cob (twists are small rocks enough for a pin joint).
We rolled the thinnest joint with two of them.
I had one drag and passed the joint to him. Almost instantly I became aware of the air rushing past my ears as if a strong gale was blowing.
We were walking across a field towards an agricultural show with the intent of going in and exploring the exhibits.
He passed me the joint a second time and by then I was finding it difficult to even remember where I was going ha ha.
I took another hit and passed the joint back to him by now it was half the size it was in the beginning.
The second hit was very strong and my view of the field started folding into steps as if some one had folded a photograph like a paper fan.
He asked me how I was feeling as he could see me lifting my feet up high trying to climb the steps ha ha.
Then he handed me the tail (roach) of the now nearly finished joint.
I took the third hit and my thumb and forefinger holding the joint appeared huge like a sausage and I had great difficulty passing him the tail to finish.
i never managed to follow him into the show as I couldn't count the change in my pocket.
i took off walking as fast (so it seemed) as a jet fighter the wind howling past my ears i walked like this for hours in random directions until I came down enough to get a handle on my thoughts several hours later.
I remember thinking wow! so this is what its about now I want some more ha ha.

The next time I experienced good trip weed was a year later a friend had returned from a holiday on the coast of Mozambique at a town called Biera and had spent 3 days speeding on legally bought amphetamines that you could buy over the counter if you spoke Portuguese.
While parting he met some guys traveling down the East coast of Africa Sudan, Tanzania and then Malawi.
Not speaking Portuguese they wanted to score some speed so he swapped some for a couple of cobs of what they called laughing grass.
Their car had all the door panels stuffed with cobs and were heading back to South Africa down the coast of Mozambique.
Anyhow when I met him it was the first day of technical college after the Easter holiday break.
My friend and I always had a smoke before class and he turned up with eyes like saucers raving about the holiday he had had.
We shared a pin joint of the laughing grass I had two drags before it was finished being 3 of us it was over pretty quick.
We went into the canteen to get a coffee before class.
Thats when it hit, while it was just the 3 of us it didn't seem too strong but once in the canteen things started to get interesting ha ha.
The first thing I noticed was I couldn't stop sniggering things were looking cartoon like and I found it hilarious.
I had to leave as every time I looked at someone any outstanding body feature was becoming enlarged like ears look huge a nose was massive ect.
We were laughing our asses off and had to get out or get beaten up by the red necks at the college ha ha who hated our guts because we didn't drink beer like they did.
So yes I have tripped on grass it was hard to find that quality even then but I'm sure it still exists if you have the right contacts.
I just dont have any but I have stopped smoking now for over 6 years as my lungs are stuffed up.
Chewing strong pot that has been cobbed will get me as close as I need every time.

romanoweed

so, all i wanted is to evaluate if Cobcuring our IMHO degenerated Weed makes us HAllucinate again.

And it seems the Smokereports are from longer time ago , like pre2000 as always would be my guess?

so it seems that Cobcuring atleast for you dont make you hallucinate again . Wether or not those were 1) Hallucinations, 2) Seen with your own Eyes, and 3) and solid Aperances , you dindt anwser anyway, not that you must... (well i think probably they were.. give the Way they sounded)
so yeah, yet again, did i get a positive Answser that cobcuring makes hallucinogenic weed with modern collected Landraces.. NO. Thats all i wanna conclude but lets wait if someone had this result.

@Piff_cat

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
so, all i wanted is to evaluate if Cobcuring our IMHO degenerated Weed makes us HAllucinate again.

And it seems the Smokereports are from longer time ago , like pre2000 as always would be my guess?

so it seems that Cobcuring atleast for you dont make you hallucinate again . Wether or not those were 1) Hallucinations, 2) Seen with your own Eyes, and 3) and solid Aperances , you dindt anwser anyway, not that you must... (well i think probably they were.. give the Way they sounded)
so yeah, yet again, did i get a positive Answser that cobcuring makes hallucinogenic weed with modern collected Landraces.. NO. Thats all i wanna conclude but lets wait if someone had this result.

@Piff_cat
I'll answer that for you. NO it doesn't, first you have to have weed that does cause you to hallucinate in the first place then a good cure will make it better thats all.
Can you understand that?

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Romano I've been trying to follow the drift of your writings here, but I must confess that I am at sea as to what you are getting at particularly in the hair-splitting opinions you expressed about whether or not weed makes people hallucinate.

Surely if weed makes one feel good by ingesting cannabis in one form or another, that is a good enough point of agreement that unites all of us stoners, so rather than seeking to analytically define the exact nature of that good feeling, how about simply acknowledging that such euphoria is induced after a few good tokes?

I love reading Tangwena's descriptions of being super high on powerful weed, and the joy the man expresses for life in general especially while seriously stoned to the gills is truly infectious and so eloquently expressed. I just started a new crop and haven't been high in half a year, but I tell ya when I read Tangwena's descriptions of being righteously buzzed, and the hilarious things he experiences while in that rare state, I cannot wait to take that first hit after my harvest is cured at long last later this year, given how low my tolerance will be by then.

ost

So true I'm heading that way myself these days less is more as they say.
I dont even think about trying them until at least 3 months aging for that very reason.
Having a lot to choose from makes it easy though I have 2 year old cobs I am yet to try.
Once I find a good one I tend to dwell on that cob for a long time ha ha.

It sure makes the harvest last a long time. I'm putting off my next grow until September and I have way to many seeds to choose from.
I'm thinking one fem Destroyer, one fem Zenith because I have to know.
Then four regular Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian because thats my current go to cob.
I would also like to grow so many more but I'm restricted by my available space.
6 is all I can squeeze in unfortunately.
Life cant get any better, well legalization could make it better but thats still a way off unfortunately

ost

Is anyone who is cobbing on any immune suppressants? Or have inflammatory issues? If so... any adverse reactions? I am starting to think thc and cbd gummies have been aggravating an inflammatory issue I have, instead of helping.
i have a compermised imuno systen been thru chemo ,they cut out a fair section of lower bowel .my first cobs do'nt like much being 4 months old we shall see. how my old body handles a cob before long.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Is anyone who is cobbing on any immune suppressants? Or have inflammatory issues? If so... any adverse reactions? I am starting to think thc and cbd gummies have been aggravating an inflammatory issue I have, instead of helping.
I have found for instance when I have a bad flu it takes longer to get over it if I chew cob while sick.
I'm just getting over a bad bout right now been straight for 4 days on flu pills ect I will wait until I'm over it before chewing again.
The first day is going to be heaven though ha ha.

ProfessorLefty

Harvested 213g of RQS Dance World (“mostly sativa” 1:1 CBD:THC). Dried it down over 3-4 days to 30% of harvest weight and cobbed up all but 9g in 34g pucks pressed in a handheld pasta maker (6 cobs total).

Wood moisture meter registered between 20% and 30% for the pre-sweat cobs.

At harvest, smells like lavender with a bit of pine and mango. Unfortunately not very fragrant (let it ripen a bit too long, plus it’s like 29 C in my grow space this time of year, lol), but we’ll see what cobbing does.

I’m sweating 4 of the cobs at various temps between 40C and 60C for 8 hours each, and aging the other 2 without sweating.

1687879121447.jpeg

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Harvested 213g of RQS Dance World (“mostly sativa” 1:1 CBD:THC). Dried it down over 3-4 days to 30% of harvest weight and cobbed up all but 9g in 34g pucks pressed in a handheld pasta maker (6 cobs total).

Wood moisture meter registered between 20% and 30% for the pre-sweat cobs.

At harvest, smells like lavender with a bit of pine and mango. Unfortunately not very fragrant (let it ripen a bit too long, plus it’s like 29 C in my grow space this time of year, lol), but we’ll see what cobbing does.

I’m sweating 4 of the cobs at various temps between 40C and 60C for 8 hours each, and aging the other 2 without sweating.

View attachment 18858828
The shape of that puck suggests to me that you might have used a car jack to compress the weed into a cylinder using a small piston on top of the jack to achieve that perfect cylindrical shape. This is precisely the method that I use before vacuums sealing my buddage for a nice long cure.

ProfessorLefty

The shape of that puck suggests to me that you might have used a car jack to compress the weed into a cylinder using a small piston on top of the jack to achieve that perfect cylindrical shape. This is precisely the method that I use before vacuums sealing my buddage for a nice long cure.

Wish I’d thought of using a jack, lol—I bought this thing instead, it’s a pasta maker

1687892096831.jpeg