What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

island_organics

Nice cure man when I first saw the pics I thought it was one of mine ha ha.
Your doing a great job on the cure providing the original buds had strength the aged cobs will be a great chew the buzz should be awesome.
Or smoked if thats your pleasure nice job.
Thank's man. I'm really pleased with how they're progressing. I've sampled some of the dried buds and they pack a nice punch so the cobs will be strong i imagine. I'm looking forward to chewing some after reading about your experiences, and smoking some too. Can't wait to get into them.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I've been at it again!

As some of you may know, The Zamal X Tom Hill Haze came down at the beginning of the week and yesterday it was made into cobs!

IMG_20221201_163758.jpg

After hanging for 4 days
IMG_20221203_100740.jpg
IMG_20221203_100826.jpg
IMG_20221203_100813.jpg

And after the stems are removed.
IMG_20221203_130737.jpg

It made 5 large cobs; 6 if you include the one I made last week with some colas that were removed to prevent further wind damage.

For some reason I forgot to take ay pictures of before they went into the sweat. Silly me:oops:

But here they are after sitting at 35c for 18hrs.
IMG_20221204_121636.jpg
IMG_20221204_121648.jpg

They're currently having a couple of hours out of the bag in the dehydrator at 35c to dry them well, before I seal them up again for a week or so, until the first sniff inspection.

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_120001.jpg
    IMG_20221204_120001.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 62

CDNINCA

@Hombre del mont , nice looking cobs!! I love the colors that you have achieved, they look tasty already. I especially appreciate the photograph of your location and your "helper". The south of Spain has always seemed like a location that I need to visit someday :)

A question for you, if you don't mind? It's advisable to dry the cobs really well after the initial sweat prior to sealing them up for a week? I didn't do this, I only let it dry for a little while before sealing up after the initial sweat. I guess I can go open it up and let it dry more, then put it away... it's only been sealed for a day at 85F or 29.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@Hombre del mont , nice looking cobs!! I love the colors that you have achieved, they look tasty already. I especially appreciate the photograph of your location and "helper", that south of Spain has always seemed like a location that I need to visit someday :)

A question for you, if you don't mind? It's advisable to dry the cobs really well after the initial sweat prior to sealing them up for a week? I didn't do this, I only let it dry for a little while before sealing up after the initial sweat. I guess I can go open it up and let it dry more, then put it away... it's only been sealed for a day at 85F or 29.

Cheers!
Hi @CDNINCA yes it lis important to dry them well each time we open the bag, especially of were after a lighter colour and more terpines.
I use dehydrator and let them sit at 35c for an hour or 2 depending on how wet/moist the cob is.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@Hombre del mont , thanks very much for your help with this! I have the cob out of the bag and drying but I don't have a dehydrator so I'll see if I can get it dry enough just sitting out for a while. I guess if I'm going to be serious about this I might need to invest in a dehydrator to do this properly. Researching...!

Cheers!
It'll be fine without the dehydrator, but may take all day or longer to be touch dry on the surface (obviously the inside of the cob will still retain moisture). I only use a dehydrator as it speeds up the process and I have one anyway for doing controlled sweating times and temperatures.

Tangwena

Veteran
I've been at it again!

As some of you may know, The Zamal X Tom Hill Haze came down at the beginning of the week and yesterday it was made into cobs!

View attachment 18788312

After hanging for 4 days
View attachment 18788301 View attachment 18788302 View attachment 18788305

And after the stems are removed. View attachment 18788303

It made 5 large cobs; 6 if you include the one I made last week with some colas that were removed to prevent further wind damage.

For some reason I forgot to take ay pictures of before they went into the sweat. Silly me:oops:

But here they are after sitting at 35c for 18hrs.
View attachment 18788309 View attachment 18788311
They're currently having a couple of hours out of the bag in the dehydrator at 35c to dry them well, before I seal them up again for a week or so, until the first sniff inspection.
WOW! nice cobs brother and chunky buds that was a good harvest.
You will have a cobs festival next year my word your going to be spoilt for choice.
Love the last pic close up shows just what your working with yum.

iTarzan

I hadn't had much smells at the start but now after 6 weeks (yes I opened and closed to dry a few times) the wrapped Cobbs are starting to have a real nice odor. They are wrapped and tied after each opening but I haven't opened in a couple weeks and the smell is coming right through the paper wraps. It smells like a strong floral tea with a hint of incense and a very "dank" smell. I wanted to start filling bowls but the first real test will not be until Xmas eve which would be 2 months cure. I will have plenty of Cobbs to let go 6 months or a year.
I soon will be making some Cobbs from my Golden Tiger harvest which will be coming down in a couple days (full moon) and again in 5 days (Fire Lion harvest). An early sample of GT quick dried was very strong and very enjoyable. A Cobb cure could take it to another level.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Nice looking weed and nice looking cobs Hombre. Does your wife know you use kitchen bowls for cob processing? LOL! The bowl of buds looks really nice.
Thank you brother.
Mrs DM is totally cool with whatever I do with regards weed.

In our house plants take precedence.

Interesting what you say about Space junk, I was wondering the same about @Calle Minogue , he took 0.2g on Thursday, mentioned that his head was tingling and that's the last we've seen of him. Oh dear

Last edited:

revegeta666

Thank you brother.
Mrs DM is totally cool with whatever I do with regards weed.

In our house plants take precedence.

Interesting what you say about Space junk, I was wondering the same about @Calle Minogue , he took 0.2g on Thursday, mentioned that his head was tingling and that's the last were seen of him. Oh dear

@Calle Minogue having some fun I hope mate?
11d06f010086d43dab1ee021c679ddae.gif