What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Stealth Cabinet (NGB) - as seen on OG

retawgnob

Very Nice! I like the cab... the pH & E.C. meter fit very nicely on the door. :laughing:

I see the main concept but as said with other i would need to fine tune the unknowns. However, i was curious what you claim that is if the question ever came up? I'm going to assume that you aren't renting a house, but bought one; maybe not?!

I definatly don't have the money for a house so the idea of "just another box" works out really well and is alittle bit more discreet than a cabinet. I do still want to engineer a badass, full size cab... but thats another thread for another time.

"Gantz" thanks for the thread. I've been reading for a while and it's always nice to see something new. I never got the chance to see OG version, but i'm sure you have done it justice!

"stevr59" whats your input as far as expanding in height or width, yet still staying discreet. I notice that the temp. was noted as a problem and smell would need to be addressed (covertly), but how much more room could you get aways with? I've seen DWC several times and understand the basic concept but is the ever a need to flush or deal with any resivour issues?

Thanks again for the info, i'll keep looking around and see what else i can find. :lurk: Always appreciate the advice.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
AccountWontWork said:
Question for all the NGB cabinet experts. How is the noise with 150 cfm dayton?
Louder than you want. You'll have to find a way to quiet it. Like run some ducking from the attic to your box with the fan in the attic. Your box will be silent.

Are the noise levels to high? I was thinking with a dayton the noise would remove the stealth from the cabinet. If the noise is to much, do you guys have any solutions to make the box near whisper quiet? As in the noise range that a PC emits?
Stick the fan in the attic.

Also like someone already asked, what about a scrubber? Is there any room in the NGB box for a scrubber?
You have to make a very small scrubber like mine but smaller. I made my NGB cab bigger than the orignal cab.(check pics below.)

I've been sorting out a parts list, cost estimate, and I'm planning on constructing one of these boxes in the coming months.

Also, does anyone have links to how the SWC works, or any information, helpful tips?
SWC is the same as DWC. The roots just sit in water with an air stone.

Thanks so much guys =D

Last edited:

jordas

Connoisseur....very nice work!....I like how the filter is inside the box....very stealthy.....

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Connoisseur300 said:
Stick the fan in the attic.
Sing me the truth my brother. There are ways to tame noise but, the ultimate trick is to keep fan and visitors in separate rooms.

For a while all were agog over the Panasonic Whisper Fans but, some are reporting noise issues after long stretchs of 24/7 operation.

You may want to consider the Soler & Palau Mixed-Vent fans. They're picking up much respect of late. Here's a thread from a guy who PAID to have his Whisper fans hauled away in favor of S&P
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=90678&highlight=fans

This ones got cool charts comparing fan virtues
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=92149&highlight=fans

Dr Watt

Who What
Yeh, the S&P TD series (mixed flow) is great and I've found them easily strong enough www.solerpalau-usa.com and their PV series (inline centrifugal) are the equivalent of CanFan RS series canfilters.com/can_fans_home.htm :joint:

spacecadet

well boys it been a wile since i posted any thing about my ngb box but here the new improvement i have made one i made the hole from the flower room to the utility room 4" instead of the 2" now i can place my dryer vent i all so added a 2" hole in the back of the flowering room to hell with venalashon all so up graded the air pump to a bigger pump and i replace i broke ecno lite with a htg 150 watter with hood. here my baby a chem? x c-99 from clone 14 days old and just started 12/12 today

Last edited:

forester

In regards to watering soil mothers, it might be worth noting that you can get crystal bags (like a big teabag with water crystals) that you can soak in water and put in the soil mix next to the roots of the mothers. They are generally used for keeping moisture to seedlings in forestry projects so are cheap and easy to get, best of all, once soaked they provide moisture for up to 3 months! This time frame would be shorter on a big rooted mother weed plant but it may be enough moisture to keep your mothers going if you go on vacation for a week or more.

Any thoughts?

B

banjobrain

First time grower thinks he's found his box design!

First time grower thinks he's found his box design!

I think that I've found my design!

I've been putting much thought into this for the past two months, but didn't want to pursue construction on any boxes without a fully detailed plan.

This thread is extremely helpful.

Not only do we have a fully detailed plan, but we also have:

• drawings
  • photos
  • parts list
  • updated plans/ideas for improvement
This is incredible. It will take me a while to build this with my work schedule, but I will surely document the process with photos.

Thank you all for your updates over the past few years and for keeping these plans out there.

I never imagined I could obtain yields from a box so small!

Look forward to learning more from you all!!!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
this cab was built with the same design as the NGB cab. Air enters the mother room then through the flower room into the air cooled hood and vented through the attic. The design works in a lot of different applications.

a couple of shots....

touchofgrey

NGB?

NGB?

Thanks for the archive post. I just found this place after wandering around the internets for a few years. I was looking at what people are doing and kept seeing these references to NGB micro cabinets and remembered the original post. It was a major inspiration for the box I built back then. I didn't do it quite so micro but same basic layout. It's been serving me well for several years now. You can check it out in my gallery if you're interested.

But something's been bugging me, I can't remember the guy's name. The GB was Ganja Boy but I can't remember the N.

Latest posts

Latest posts