What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000W SCROG/Fully Automated/Gavita's/Iponic 600.....Let the fun begin!!!

BigGreen

Veteran
Either way ya add em there gonna kill it in the root zone
2 weeks ya gotta flip a pot just to check em out

Kiwi how ya know

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Either way ya add em there gonna kill it in the root zone
2 weeks ya gotta flip a pot just to check em out

Kiwi how ya know

OK, two weeks tomorrow I'll open up a pot and have a look at the roots..... Its a little tougher for me to peak at the roots since I'm using Geo pots aka "smart pots". You just cant slide the root's in and out of the pot very easily. But my pots do have Velcro so I can open them up and have a looksie

OK boys and girls. I made up a 40 gallon batch of nutes. 4-5 ml per gallon of H&G Coco, 4-5 ml per gallon of Cal-Mag and 0.9 ml per gallon of Drip Clean. EC came out to 1.2. I hit all 45 pots until there was good run off. Checked the reservoir and there was 20 gallons of nutes left. I then added 25 ml of Bio Shark Soil Attack into the reservoir. I then poured the rest of the 20 gallons over each of the 45 pots. Lots of run off and now my coco has a good dose of the soil attack which should take care of anything that may have come in with the coco and it will keep away anything that may want to enter the coco :biggrin:......

After finishing off my pre charge I realized I forgot to check the PH!!!!!!!:wallbash: fucking retard!!! I'm blaming it on too much nyquil. Been sicker than hell the past week!!! Anywase, checked the ph of the little that was left in the reservoir and it was at 5.4. Not bad. I really lucked out. I then went and checked the run off and ph was 5.8 and ec was 1.2. Perfect!!!! :woohoo:

And Third Coast. My condensate pump worked like a dream!!!! :good: not only was there 9 more pots in my trays than there will normally be. But the run off coming from those 45 pots was allot heavier than there ever would be during a feeding. And that pump had no issues getting rid of the run off and I have it traveling 30 ft and then up 3 ft before it empty's into my sink..... couldn't be happier with how its working out:tiphat:

Tomorrow afternoon I transplant. I'll snap some pics of the girls in there final homes......

Nice LED!

I will admit, mixing up my 80gal of soil is a solid near 3hr task, including transplanting and bong rips while doing it. But thus far, 1.5mo in, my ladies LOVE water only! I can't wait to start making teas for them...

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Nice LED!

I will admit, mixing up my 80gal of soil is a solid near 3hr task, including transplanting and bong rips while doing it. But thus far, 1.5mo in, my ladies LOVE water only! I can't wait to start making teas for them...

Just imagine when I mixed over 300 gallons of soil!!!!!!!!! FML!!!!

That is where soil shines... definitely less prone to deficiencies and problems. With the increase in the speed of growth with coco comes the increase in how fast issues can come up!!!! I'm hoping for the best!!!!! :biggrin:

Very impressed with how quickly coco dries out! Coco was soaking wet last night, and this afternoon when I did my transplant it was just damp, not bad considering they sat in the dark the whole time in 80% humidity and 65 degree temps.

So when I did my transplant today I dipped each plant into a batch of Eagle 20. That should have taken care of any possible issues of bringing in new clones home. Dipped each clone in the Eagle 20 and then stuck them in the hole. Gave them 3 hours to dry and then turned on 2 Gavita's. Raised lights way up and turned them down to 600W. I'm hoping with the coco only being damp and that I'm giving them another 24 hours before I give them anything that the roots start doing some searching. I'm brewing 4 gallons of Og Biowar Tea with the nute pack, EWC, alfalfa meal and some maxicrop sea kelp. Going to brew it for 18-20 hours. Then add it to 4 more gallons of dechlorinated water. I'll then give each plant 2.5 cups of tea each and give them a foliar with the tea as well. I'm hoping with only giving them 2.5 cups each that it will be enough for the tea to be effective butt not soo much that the coco is soaked and prevent the roots from searching. I'll give the girls either 24 hours or 48 hours after the tea to really let those roots go looking for moisture. Then I will give them there first feed with Aptus nutes. :dance013:

I'll snap some pics tomorrow. Forgot to bring camera out with me and was too bagged to go back and get it :moon::laughing:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I'm not sure if those lights are brand new or not but since the room is new I'll mention that Gavita recommends firing at 1000 for 100 hours before switching wattage.

BigGreen

Veteran
I would add your tea to 1/2 strength nutes and drench em. Then let them go for a day or two. Ya dont want them to dry out to much on accident.
I always water the shit outta them at transplant then let them sit for a couple days.

Ya dont wanna lose them now

Good luck

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I'm not sure if those lights are brand new or not but since the room is new I'll mention that Gavita recommends firing at 1000 for 100 hours before switching wattage.

That I've never heard??? Too late no anyhow. On my last run I ran them at 600w during veg. Does it shorten bulb life?

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I would add your tea to 1/2 strength nutes and drench em. Then let them go for a day or two. Ya dont want them to dry out to much on accident.
I always water the shit outta them at transplant then let them sit for a couple days.

Ya dont wanna lose them now

Good luck

Ok, good idea. Guess they will get some Aptus today then! I will mix up a 500ppm mix of nutes with some fascilitor and start boost. May throw in a little super thrive. Thanks bud :tiphat:

BigGreen

Veteran
Dont add the fasilator to the tea, save the aptus for another day. Just go base nutes and tea or base nutes and aptus. Then they get a couple extra special feedings instead of all at once

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
That I've never heard??? Too late no anyhow. On my last run I ran them at 600w during veg. Does it shorten bulb life?

This is from whazzup, Gavita's rep here on ICmag.

If you want two different rooms I'd think 600W fixtures, 2 in every room, but that will give you lower intensities. Alternative would be 2x1000W running at 750W, but make sure to first burn in the lamps for 100 hours at 100% to stabilize.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Thanks Third. First time I've ever heard that and I've read everything about Gavita's!!! :tiphat:

Well some pics of the ladies. Brewed 4 gallons of tea. Took 1 litre and kept that for foliar spraying plants. Dumped the remaining tea into 20 gallons of 550 ppm of nutes consisting of H&G Coco's, drip clean and Superthrive. Gave all plants a good soaking with some run off. I then went and foliar feed all plants with the full strength tea.

I did notice some strange growth on a couple of my PPP seedlings 2 days ago. I'm thinking Broad Mite damage again. Only thing I can think of is the toxin they inject was already in the plants as they looked fine a week ago before I dipped plants in Forbid and then in Avid. And just now symptoms are showing there ugly head!!! The forbid and avid I dipped plants in should have taken care off all mites and eggs. But just to be sure I will do a heat treatment in my room in about a week once the girls have a chance to root themselves in there new pots. I posted some pics in the infirmary. Ahhhh the joy!!!!! :wallbash:

Green_science

The last pic looks, a lot like over watering/high PH to me, seen it a few times
Anyhow good show man, nice and clean

BigGreen

Veteran
Dam I hate them bugs. Im still checking with a scope daily and I havent seen anything in like a month and a half since I heat treated them.

I was rotating avid, forbid4 and mighty wash for 3 weeks and I could still find the little bastards. No adults just babies. Once I heated the room up to 120f for an hour I havent seen anything ever since

I had a few new cuts in the tent as well and the heat treatment didnt seem to bother them a bit.

Ya gotta heat treat them sooner than later too make sure they kill everything eggs and all

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Will monitor them over the next week. It may have been ph as I made a bucket of nutes and used it for 10 days and wasn't checking to see if ph was rising or not as I was busy working in my room!?! Also a friend on here pm'ed me thinking it may be phytotoxicity. Could also be that since they did get dipped in Forbid and Avid 3 days apart plus I had 4 hot shot no pest strips right by them for a week. Maybe too many chems plus a slightly high ph??? I'm going to cut another couple leafs off tonight and give them a good scoping to see if I see any eggs or adults.....

Thinking in 2-3 days once plants have adjusted some I will do a heat treatment just in case even if I don't see anything tonight. Will keep u guys posted

BigGreen

Veteran
Get a usb scope off ebay, its the best investment I have gotten in a long time. Plus there 10 time easier to see them them fu;;ers
Keep scoping the plants u dont want them to pop up when your in full bloom
Also spray them with asprin water kick there imune system up and helps them heal from the bug toxins
BG

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I bought a USB scope. Only problem is then I gotta cut a leaf off and bring it into my house for a viewing. I really need to buy a stereo scope. Maybe in a month or so when I have some more $$$$$

When I feed plants yesterday I threw in aspirin in with the tea and nutes that way like you said it should help get there immune system going. I'm actually thinking I will feed plants aspirin once a week on one of my "base nute" days.

J

Javadog

I first used "dissecting microscope" in High School, but this is the same thing.

One would indeed be very useful for the ranges that bugs and trichs need.

JD

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So everyone in the infirmary thinks its Forbid damage and not BM damage. Will keep my eyes open and check leafs regularly for bm's

Not much else to update on. Clones looking very droopy and I believe its from the heavy watering they got yesterday. I think I will have to wait another 2-3 days to let coco dry enough so that roots start searching for moisture. I did raise room temps today from 80 to 81 degrees. I will continue to raise temps by one degree every couple days until I reach 85 degrees. So hopefully with the increase in room temps that helps dry out the smart pots as well...... Hopefully by the end of the week the girls settle in and start taking off!!!!! :biggrin:

Gotta say I'm already loving the "sealed room"!!! Even though I'm only running two Gavita's right now and they are only at 600w, I'm loving how easy it is to maintain 70% humidity. And that's just with a crappy little humidifier!! Once I get a bigger humidifier maintaining high humidity even with 3000w blasting won't be an issue :woohoo:

I will also start increasing light over the next week or so. Probably bump lights to 650w tomorrow and gradually increase to 1000w over the next 7-10 days as to not shock plants with too much light considering: they are use to a measly 120w of T5!!! :laughing: