What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Mushrooms Can Make Lasting Personality Changes, Study Says

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This day started with a bike ride ,which was fun ,everchanging and a great comfortable way to get things started .We ended up back at my place .Ive never laughed so much in my life,it was several hours worth.

Some of the funny things we discussed are people who wear sunglasses and being inconspicious.Particularly people who wear the giant ones.The only person who would find a person wearing these glasses to be inconspicious ,would be pro wrestler coco b ware.

Also my cat showing up with his soft and luxurious coat.Who will demand that you pet him..Also there was talk of showing up at another friends house...The one who said "Don't come over" .When we mentioned we were,going to be doing this today.And taking all the things from his back porch and putting them in the pool.:laughing:....Coutless hours of funny things ,and really enjoyable to focus on friends..people...conversaton, as opposed to
the usual contraints of a concert setting...all in all, fun was had and thats all that counts...

Attachments

• giant-sunglasses-big.jpg
    giant-sunglasses-big.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 10
  • coco.jpg
    coco.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 11
  • cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 10

jumanji2

Lmao Coco b ware..that's classic. One of my friends asked me if I wanted to try it a couple days ago. I think I might take him up on it. What's the correct mindstate though? I mean who isn't streesed the fuck out nowadays. Seems like a nice escape. This would be the first time I've tried em..

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Sorry for sliding on the subject but i need to share it with you guys.
Just watched "The Spirit Molecule" and in my humble opinion is a must see to anyone interest in these kind of subjects.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
No problem Paulo73, I will also. Since I'm the OP i think it will be ok.

What reward does your brain actually seek?

Dopamine Jackpot! Sapolsky on the Science of... by FORAtv

Dopamine does a lot of things, but you're probably most familiar with it as the chemical your brain uses as a sort-of system of in-game gold coins. You earn the reward for certain behaviors, usually "lizard-brain" type stuff—eating a bowl of pudding, for instance, or finally making out with that cute person you've had your eye on. And, as you've probably heard, there's some evidence that we can get addicted to that burst of dopamine, and that's how a nice dessert or an enjoyable crush turns into something like compulsive eating or sex addiction.

Neurologist Robert Sapolsky puts an interesting twist on this old story, though. What if it isn't the burst of dopamine that we get addicted to, but the anticipation of a burst of dopamine? It's a small distinction. But it matters, he says, if our reward system is based less on happiness than on the pursuit of happiness.

For more on this, check out David Bradley's post on this video, which also links back to a more-detailed discussion of the basics of dopamine addiction.

L

longearedfriend

psychedellics is not the problem

what bothers me is, if you would like to go spend the day outside

and bring herb with you, you might start getting paranoid about getting caught with the herb

I guess you could just face the consequences of getting arrested and be brave but

might as well be cautious

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for sliding on the subject but i need to share it with you guys.
Just watched "The Spirit Molecule" and in my humble opinion is a must see to anyone interest in these kind of subjects.

Thanks for the movie Paulo.I find these subjects facinating.i just downloaded it with utorrent on pirate bay ,it took like 5 minutes ,lots of seeders.....cheers!!:tiphat:

shrooms to me are pretty incredible, all mushrooms are for that matter, the shamanic ones seem to make my tummy feel like its full of chi and my body becomes lighter then it already does feel, music is incredible, a van goh picture will blow u away, u will se the nobility in farm workers drawn from pencil and have a moment. my sense of empathy increases, i think i like the light does that i do, and weed makes it much more intense and i actually like the shroom thing by itself for a while and then smoke a little but the weed does make u acutely aware its still in your body, growing them seems risky though, i used to see ''just add water kits'', i think they mite be a thing of the past. never done a high high dose, ive always wanted to try shrooms on bolivas special export.

green404

Its also worth noting that larger mushrooms have less 'active ingredients' than the smaller per wieght. Basically, once the actives are in the 'pin' that is that. The growth is only adding water weight and mass, not additional psilocybin and psilocin.

^ True. a small pin head can demolish your world. The first flush pin head are the ones that will take you to the universe.

That's one of the things I don't like about shrooms they are hard to gauge. You can eat 4-5grams of 3rd flush full bloom and get a nice trip
then... next time eat 3 grams of first flush pin heads and be in fetal position praying for your life for 4 hours.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
have loved mushrooms ever since the first ride. never had a bad moment with them, acid, mescaline, or MDMA. but i have always been careful about settings. i am always with close trusted friends (damn few left alive now...down to one:comfort:) or out in the woods along a stream. sure makes flycasting for trout difficult though. :biggrin: mountain laurel is hell on backcasts...

B

bench warmer

Anyone know where I can find shroom spore syringes in Canada? Shroom forums are crap & there’s a lot of fraud sites like spores101.co m and ralphsters.

Latest posts

Latest posts