What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how often to water in coco coir

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use 3 Gallon SmartPots with Maxi-Bloom nutes, some maxicrop, zym's and Drip-clean oh and some Cal-Mag, works for me.

This pic is for the person who neg rep'd me when I said that I feed full strength (of whatever my formula may be) every time no matter how may times a day they get fed.
These are getting fed full strength Lucas formula (8 ml/gal micro, 16 ml/gal bloom) and tap water. Twice a day...:tiphat:

all your doing is pouring your money down the drain i really dont see why this is so impressive? u pour excess nutes through your pots and into the garbage, for what?

N

NachoConQueso

all your doing is pouring your money down the drain i really dont see why this is so impressive? u pour excess nutes through your pots and into the garbage, for what?

So you're sending out neg reps now, could you be any more disrespectful? How many neg. reps. have you gotten since you've been here?

Do not listen to this person. IwannatokeNbone has been around the last few weeks giving out bad advice, sending neg rep, and agitating everyone in this forum. This person is so blatantly immature that she had to send me a pm about how she put me on her ignore list (with the little mooning emoticon). She might be about 12 years old I think.

So you're sending out neg reps now, could you be any more disrespectful? How many neg. reps. have you gotten since you've been here?

Do not listen to this person. IwannatokeNbone has been around the last few weeks giving out bad advice, sending neg rep, and agitating everyone in this forum. This person is so blatantly immature that she had to send me a pm about how she put me on her ignore list (with the little mooning emoticon). She might be about 12 years old I think.

Some people put quite a bit of stock into what Evlme2 says ;)

You have to wade through some crap to get to the goods once in awhile :)

K+ :ying:

N

NachoConQueso

Some people put quite a bit of stock into what Evlme2 says ;)

You have to wade through some crap to get to the goods once in awhile :)

K+ :ying:

Totally. I'm not worried about what Evlme2 is doing. This other person is seriously annoying people left and right.

people really get passionite when i post, seems my words are hung on for dear life when talking about saving water growing a weed, ignore list still going strong. all the best.

G

Guest 18340

LOL, money down the drain? I waste less than 1/2 gallon per watering. Thats 1/2 gallon of waste for 18 plants... TOTAL:tiphat:

jumanji2

Sup guys, anyone that does coco hempys water more than once a day?..the res at the bottom is suppose to act as a wick and keep the bucket moist if I'm correct. So would I be gaining anything watering more than once a day? Maybe in flower I can see doin it more than once.

Vegan

LOL, money down the drain? I waste less than 1/2 gallon per watering. Thats 1/2 gallon of waste for 18 plants... TOTAL:tiphat:

ohh snap,,betcha you could getit down to 1/4 gal if ya really wanted..

i wasted so many nutes with rwdc coco was an obvious choice

Snow Crash

Veteran
I agree. Amusing to listen to people cry about washing out maybe a few dollars of nutrients.

When using a system like CNS 17, which at 25ml per gallon runs you a whopping $0.14 per gallon, who cares?

If an extra 10-20% runoff ensures/promises/guarantees no buildup then what the fuck do I care about a few pennies? I'm spending less than $100.00 on nutrients for a full 5x5 1000w grow. If I wash out, 30% of those nutrients, wow $33.33 down the drain.

Are people really on a high horse over saving a $1.25 per sqft? JFC! When I'm harvesting more than 1 pound of premo-buds I don't give two shits about $30 of runoff.

Use your brains people. This isn't a "who can get less runoff" contest. I run 30% to 40% on the regular. I guess that makes me a big baller...

I spend more at Taco Bell.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
Use your brains people. This isn't a "who can get less runoff" contest. I run 30% to 40% on the regular. I guess that makes me a big baller...

I spend more at Taco Bell.[/quote]

i suppose im BALLIN to......... 20-30% runoff just makes me feel better

IeatCubes

I notice a lot of different watering regiments for everyone on here...

Alright, don't go nuts on me here but this is how I do it...
I used to feed/water my girls when they would start to droop. Usually about 5 days in Canna with dry layer added to the top each time. Hand water to 20-25% drainage.
I've started to weigh my girls on a scale after watering for their weight at maximum capacity for water; I noticed the droop setting in when over 60% of maximum water has been used. I weigh everyday and feed/water right before the droop. I've noticed that the soil under my top layer is rarely ever dry. It's not soaking wet but not too dry; moist.
I feel like if you're watering everyday to 20% drainage, you're wasting a ton of money in nutes and water. As well as your time. I don't know about that Home and Garden crap but Canna ain't cheap. No matter what size set up you're using. Do the math. Save money. Get more out of your plants. Make them use up all the available nutrients they can. Make those bitches work for you.
I am a fan of long veg because I always LST. Long flower if need be. Time isn't a factor. I always judge my harvest by the trichomes from various areas of the plant.
1000w HPS - 7gal smart pot - 1lb per plant all day...

Now lets talk watering intervals OUTDOORS with coco...
Anyone using coco outdoors?

I'm using 65 gallon and 30 gallon smart pots I have constructed from a roll.
I have put clones out in their respectful homes and after a week under 14.5 hours of direct sunlight they are still very wet under the top layer of dry coco used as mulch. No rain. I only watered them again because they had to be fed. I'm not going easy with these nutes; full bore. They cannot be visited seven times a day or every other day for that matter. They don't seem to be 'starving' as some of you might suggest. They are not stretching. Sixth internode and no more than two and a half inches in height. Internodal branching blowing out the frame.
This is my first grow using coco outdoors...
I really don't even know what to expect from hardy clones in 65 gallon containers in full sun all summer and fall.
Any insight on this?