What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ho my god...now my back too... :(

Hi all,as many of you already know i'm a cannabis medical user,i 've been smoking also before discovering i was hiv positive,but now i found out that cannabis is not only a "reacreative" plant,it's also one of the greatest gift of the nature for those who suffer of many serious deseases.
Unfortunately i'm having a problem often and often...i'm suffering since 3 weeks because of my back,and it's getting worse day by day...
The pain is located just above my ass (don't know the "tecnical" term...),about in the last 30 cm of my vertebral column.
Also it spreads lightly to the legs (not so painful,for sure less than the one i feel in my back,but still there it is...),i tried different postures (sitting down,liyng on the bed,staying up on feets...nothing helps:as the pain seems do decrease then it comes back hardier...),some exercises,and the docs (i asked both my doc and to one at the ospital where i do my routine checks) didn't give any clue about what that could be (they say is probably a posture problem,but man,i never had this sort of pain before,and i think my posture always been the same,at least in the last years...).To describe the pain:i feel like the last 30 cm of my column are getting "rusty" and locked,is not an out of this world pain,but is continuos and frustrating...
So here is my question:does anyone out there know a good strain that counters back-pain?
Consider i'm already a medical user,and the main effects i look for in cannabis are nausea-countering and appetite stimulating ones...
So,a strain that could fit all of the needings i have would be great,but i already have my medicines for nausea and appetite (thanks to Sensi and Nirvana,i still haven't tried any of Bog's strains but i will do early as a friend just ordered some Lifesaver and Bogbubble) so my priority actually would be a pain-killer strain...
I really hope this fuckin' pain will go away by itself,but still i'm getting prepared if it doesn't...
Thank in advance for your help!
§salud§

Last edited:
P.S. : I know pain killer pills would work even better,and i wouldn't have any problem to get it prescribed...but i take 3 pills a day,i've been taking a couple more dayly before using cannabis to prevent nausea and for the appetite,and i don't even want to hear about taking pills...thanks!
§salud§

OG otis

i found that afghani from homegrown fantaseeds is a quite a good pain killer and packs quite the punch, its my top suggestion.

BOG also has lifesaver as his med strain...
i like lifesaver, but i think that bogglegum is better..well, the stuff i smoked was better

other alternatives are maple leaf indica, chemo and bubbleberry...

HyGradeChronic

SCIATIC NERVE...

SCIATIC NERVE...

!!!!!..... i feel for ya bro, on top of hiv pos, a bad back can mess up a good day at the race.
..... i blew mine out 12yrs ago and STILL cant burn nuff fatties to kill the pain. 'specially when it creeps down me legs to me ankles. OUCH!!!!!:cool:
.....peace
..... HGC
..... p.s. HI otis!!!!!

OG otis

hey HC! :D

also....with this said..

i think it is best if you are able to, have more than one strain in your garden.
the reason i say this is most people after a while get use to smoking the same thing and it does lose its effectiveness, no matter how good the quality of the strain, you will become tolerant, and it will lose its punch, so to say.

i would go with a HGF afghani and something a like a bubblegum-ish strain or a romulan x mikado for example.

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
did you get an mri

did you get an mri

you may want to have your discs looked at.
i have the exact same symptoms to a T and they couldnt find the problem until they did an mri
just a thought

Thanks for the replyes my friends,i'm not having pain anymore but i had a really bad week...
Just hope it was an occasional pain,i must say that i smoked some hash while i was suffering because of my back but it didn't helped much,i also smoked some indica weed (afghani #1 by sensi) and that was the real deal to ease the pain.
I'm growing some seeds (master kush,super skunk,afghan,white rhino) to get different mothers and then keep the best ones depending on the effect.I will post some pics as soon as i can,i finally got a new digicam but i moved my grow in a low lighted place so it's nearly impossible to get pics there...
Flowering started today,i will take some pics in a few days (there's a very good Shiva Shanti that i hope is a female,it has a lot of side branches towering over the main top...) as i will be able to move the plants in a better lighted place.
Many thanks,good luck with your grows :D!
§salud§

U

Uncle Hughie

BAD BACK!

BAD BACK!

Sorry to hear your Back prob Bro!
I had an accident at work....landed flat on my ass coming down a ladder.....
Resulting in me wrecking my 2 lower lumbar discs...which are now corroding ,now any one who knows me will say that i get around ok...hell iam as strong as an ox..
But they retired me off.....my nagging pain was managed with 120mg dhc perday plus cortozone injections....

Now i have thrown all the medical stuff away........maryjane is the only med i use..

i can run....lift....and get around ok these days..
and iam 6ft + and over 15 1/2 stones in weight.
and still practice the Judo......etc..

But i know as old Age sets in im goanna suffer...

I feel your Pain man!
sorry
Peace!

eric.

I personally like Sweet Tooth 3 for it's medicinal qualities. you cure that stuff for a good 6 months and boy howdy! hello sir, how are you, high enough for ya'? lolrof

teddynugent

How did the back pain start? Did you fall or anything. I fell playing hockey a long time ago, and dislocated my tailbone. I still have problems with it to this day. Sounds simliar to what you described. Posture is a huge part of things. Even though your posture hasn't changed over the past few years doesn't mean its bad. If you don't allready, I would really work on sitting straight up, and use a lumbar cushion. I know they can be uncomfortable, but over time it will correct your posture. Also, standing straight up, with your shoulders back, chest out and head up is important. Not very many people do that, but you'd be surprised how much of a difference small changes in posture make over time.

I'm looking for a good pain-killing strain also, so I can't really recommend a specific strain right now, but I think someone allready mentioned that a good indica would be your best bet. I hope you feel better. Let me know how everything turns out, and if you find a good pain strain, please let me know. I will do the same.

Best wishes,

-Teddy