What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Starting to put together the new control box for this years greenhouse upgrades. Everything will be automated and controlled / monitored from anywhere using z-wave.

10x Controlled A/c outlets
3x Controlled D/c lines

AC used for,
1x 24v power supply and 1 110v / 24v DPDT relay for roll up sides
1x 12v power supply and 1 110v / 12v DPDT relay for 12" ridge vent actuator.
1x 12v Power supply for 3 24v dc switches controlling irrigation valves and pumps

4 110v outlets controlling fans and ventilation.

picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Jeez, sound nice. I'm curious when you roll up your sides do you find you get aphids sooner or heavier? Maybe it's just my geography. I have to vent through the upper ends of my greenhouse.
Pests that crawl love open sides. With Planet Natural shutting down. I don't have a good supply of natural beneficial bugs anymore.
Peace farmerlion

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I never had a problem with bugs. The big problem here is moth larvae caterpillars that get inside the stock and bore down to the base, killing the plant. Under the roll ups I've got some fine screen for protection. Maybe that's the difference. I use Diatomaceous Earth on the ground too.

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Cats.
Big problem in the Northeast. They burrow down to the main stalk and it's all over.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Actuator for ridge vent works. Setting up automations beginning.
picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
zeez, I like the screen idea. You have some large beautiful plants in your greenhouse. What size bags are you using?
I have 35 and 45 gallon bags in mine. I have a total of 19 bags inside. My spacing looks similar , but I think I'm being greedy. 15 bags might have much better light penetration. I test so many strains each year that I can justify the crowding.

Peace brother farmerlion

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Those are home depot 27 gal storage bins and last year's grow. It works for the size of the greenhouse. Any bigger and the plants would out grow the house. With good soil it was enough that I didn't have to do allot of feeding. The GH is 12 x 18. Pretty good size for a 12 plant legal grow.

I can monitor and control it from anywhere with a cellphone just the same. The iPad is easy when working in there. This setup will cover cooling, security, motion detectors, fans, roll up sides, ridge vent, watering, feeding, ... the whole enchilada.

kritios

Zeez, that has all the makings for a real slick setup. I hope the wind here in MA today doesn't mess with your frame.

With Planet Natural shutting down.

Wait ,what? Are they shutting down for good, or just temporarily due to the crisis? I don't see anything on their site.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Thanks kritios. I used a smaller version of the automated setup last year and it worked well. The sides rolled on schedule and the fans were controlled. The greenhouse has seen worse than this. I'm getting more confident in what it can take.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Still doing some tweaking to get it right, but this will save allot of electric wasted on fans.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Starting to put together the new control box for this years greenhouse upgrades. Everything will be automated and controlled / monitored from anywhere using z-wave.

10x Controlled A/c outlets
3x Controlled D/c lines

AC used for,
1x 24v power supply and 1 110v / 24v DPDT relay for roll up sides
1x 12v power supply and 1 110v / 12v DPDT relay for 12" ridge vent actuator.
1x 12v Power supply for 3 24v dc switches controlling irrigation valves and pumps

4 110v outlets controlling fans and ventilation.

View Image

Like the case Z......looks like it should be handcuffed to a Secret Service agent...."The Football is in Play". :biggrin:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Like the case Z......looks like it should be handcuffed to a Secret Service agent...."The Football is in Play". :biggrin:

Yeah, That's the waterproof STUDEBAKER HOCH, Secret Briefcase.

The same Studebaker Hoch, Secret Agent that plays conga drums on the new LEON RUSSELL album?

(only for Zappa fans)

CrushnYuba

Share some pictures of the window framing. Have you gotten it to seal pretty well? I have to put a window into a little over winter mother plant storage house.

I think we have been doing it all wrong for a while. It's not the sides that need to vent, it's the roof.