What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kobe Bryant dead at 41

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-reportedly-killed-in-california-helicopter-crash/amp/

Legendary NBA player Kobe Bryant has died in a California helicopter crash, reports said Sunday.

He was 41.

Bryant was among at least four people traveling in his private helicopter over Calabasas when a fire broke out, sending the chopper spiraling from the sky, according to TMZ Sports.

The crash occurred around 10 a.m. local time amid foggy conditions in the hills overlooking Calabasas, with the chopper sparking a brush fire on impact that hampered initial rescue efforts, according to The Los Angeles Times.

There were no survivors, and the cause of the crash is under investigation, according to TMZ.

Authorities investigating the crash confirmed to KTLA – Channel 5 that at least five people were killed in the crash, but did not identify the victims by name.

Bryant’s wife, Vanessa, was not among those aboard the chopper, according to reports.

He is also survived by the couple’s four daughters, with the youngest born just last June.

Bryant starred for two decades with the Los Angeles Lakers, winning five championships and making 18 All-Star Games before hanging up his basketball shoes following the 2016 season.

The stunning death of the sweet-shooting guard came just hours after he toasted fellow NBA icon and current Laker LeBron James for passing him for third place on the league’s all-time scoring list.

“Continuing to move the game forward @KingJames,” wrote Bryant on Saturday night in what would prove to be his final tweet. “Much respect my brother.”

Bryant concluded the message with an emoji of a bicep flexing, and the hashtag “#33644,” one point more than he scored in his illustrious career.

Bryant was considered a lock to be among the next class inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, set to be announced next month.

View Gallery

Cantharellus

Tetra-Don't be a douchebag . Choppers and planes have mechanical issues and go down. It happens. Speading some type of bullshit conspiracy theory is disrespectful and sad.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
No. Everything must be investigating. I said RIP Legend. I am not being disrpesctful nor did I make the video. The internet is full of such videos right now. If you realize what happened leading up to this event, then it is all fishy, or simply pure coincidence, a terrible coincidence.

shithawk420

Veteran
Spin it how you want but I'd be furious to find out my whole family died and some assholes on the net wanted to spew a bunch of irrelevant shit for more followers.you were the guy getting all pissed about dkmonk being disrespected and now your doing the same fucking thing.not classy

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Mamba made it impossible for the Nuggets to ever get near a championship when I was watching basketball. And I was furious at his jump shot. He and Durant ran the West forever.

Gotta give it up for the man. Even with some scandal and indiscretions, a gigantic name in this world just bit it.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
RIP Mr Bryant. He earned that respect and probably still had a lot of his loot. I haven't seen news yet on the accident or type of aircraft. From Zero hedge:

Update (1600ET): According to TMZ, Bryant's daughter Gianna was aboard and perished in the crash near Las Virgenes Rd. and Willow Glen St. around 10 a.m, behind the home of Kourtney Kardashian. 9 people.

It was his own personal Sikorsky (now Lockheed) S-76. basically a civialian Blackhawk. Not a cheap chopper, I presume, if it was his own.

Shit happens in aviation and choppers are more risky because of the missions they run. 8 people is a real tragedy Not exactly good indica thoughts for me.

Last edited:

Green Squall

strange how this just randomly happens with no bad weather...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iln3QgmmN3g

"L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear."

This is not the time nor place to delve into conspiracy theories.

Latest posts

Latest posts