What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neil Peart RIP

E

ESTERCHASER

fuken a man! phenomanol percussionist! im not happy to hear this.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The FIRST time I was ever blown away by a drummer was seeing Rush at the Sullivan arena in Anchorage, sometime in the mid 80s...fukn 2-3 minute drum solo freaked my brain out!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
My condolences to his family and friends. Rush is one of those bands that will bend your mind on the musical spectrum. Definitely a world class drummer/percussionist and one of the best, if not the best. RIP

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
As soon as I get home, I’m gonna sit my ass down, twist up a fat fucking joint, plug in my headphones, and listen to the first side of 2112, all of Moving Pictures, and finish it off with Permanent Waves. When I was growing up, not everyone liked Rush, but that made them even cooler in my eyes.

Neil was not only one of the best percussionists to come along since Ginger Baker or John Bonham, he was also a genius lyricist and writer. An artist in the truest sense of the word...he left behind so much good music for us to remember him by.

RIP, Champion. Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

HB.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
:cry:

Crushed....

Likewise.

(nice avatar).....

My brother, when learning the drums, had Rush on continual loop.
Hes devastated.
But, he got me into them. And Im glad he did.
Ive seen them MANY times (oddly enough, Presto was my favorite tour. Laser lights....inflatable bunny.....white widow twisted up. The whole she-bang. Still ranks as one of the best shows Ive ever seen......and ive seen A-Lot!

Rest easy, Neil. You will never truly know how many lives your work and dedication have touched, and how many drummers you've inspired in your wake.

I've been playing each album, in its entirety since I got home from work today. Got teary-eyed when I was working through Caress of Steel.....
""Bastille Day"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azc_FNZXaRw

Im on Hemispheres right now......
"La Villa Strangiato"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK1hmDpa8bo

Im crushed. Lyrical master and few on the kit filled 8 bars as well as Neil Peart.

Thank you for the memories.
I bet Geddy and Alex are heartbroken.

-cap

A

anoydas 666

RIP .
picture.php

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Hold Your Fire was such an underrated album.

This one hurts.
Who knows how many drummers this man has influenced and started on their own way to mastering "the kit?"

The heavens must have one hell of a band considering all the talent we have lost over the years.

-cap

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Rush, such a deep catalog.

Moving pictures figures large in my rotation.

YYZ, the Camera Eye.

Gonna smoke some thunk hash and don the grados, RIP.

Latest posts

Latest posts