What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD dose

EastFortRock

Is anyone really getting arthritis relief from CBD? How much of a dose do you take? I can’t really tell if it helps me. (I have good verified CBD products) My THC plants help reduce pain very well , but the high keeps me from consuming it during the day.

T

Teddybrae

I wouldn't know personally but I have seen it said in these pages that in most cases a certain amount of THC is necessary in combination with CBD's.

There are varieties of cannabis around that have calming amounts of THC (as well as being high-CBD) that should allow you to have a normal day.

I 'm not in the U.S. so can't advise further.

clearheaded

lowest effective dose? def try 20-50mg but may need well over 100mg even 250. if arent getting relief take more.. but may be worth taking 2-3mg of thc along with it so dont really get high but may help?? CBD doesnt work for everyone but from my expereince over 60-70mg starts to lossen things up.

Maple_Flail

In my experiance, as a high tolerance individual.

when dealing with CBD, the Inital doses need to be large enough to Get you on a level.
then only maintance doses based on tolerance/metabolisim.

(caveat: my tolerances is such a way that smoking anything with CBD for me is rather unplesant and not terribly efficatious.most of this is based on comsuming activated oils.)

an analogy I like to use with cannabinoids. Your body is like a glass, there are many ways (ie cannabinoids) to fill that glass. until that glass overflows you are medicating. so when I say you've got to get on a level its litterly you need to feed your body enough that you can sit at a theraputic level (full but not over flowing) until you decide to push it farther (ie after your days business or whatever), indulge and "overflow your glass"

now applying that logic to what you've said, The THC high is what keeps you from consuming durin the day. which would mean that your body may need a differnt ratio of cannabinoids during the day. From the Get go, CBD and CBN will both modulate the THC effect to potentially something less disruptive.

CBD essentially delays and inhibits the actions THC has on the CB1 receptor, Its got a low affinity, meaning its rather gentle in its action. (cbd that is)

CBN Is mildly psychoactive(lower than THC), and like CBD has a low affinity outside of LARGE doses (ie rather hard to source in most areas of the world). This one works in synergy with THC apposed to inhibiting it. With break point doses (2.5mg-5mg) CBN acts like a mild sedative and a mild Analgesic effect (similar to a mild muscle relaxant or very mild opiates) at these doses it take a forefront in effect over THC.

Numbing, comfortable and chill is the normal feed back when CBN is in the mix. around 3% of the THC content in an edible is around the tipping point in my experaince. THC alone need to be exponetially increased in order to match efficacy without CBN in the mix.

Now, weather CBD can work for your type of pain may be a better question to ask, and to be able to anwser that, I would need to ask, What type of pain are you medicating for? what is your tolerance to THC like?

CBD indirectly works on pain, but in its self outside of large doses won't help some types of pain. where there is swelling and nerve misfires from the Pain source, this is what CBD would work best with.

outside of that I'd point someone in the CBN direction and reducing THC when adding CBN, as in my experiance for this type of thing it is more effective.

EastFortRock

Thanks for all of your replies. The pain I am fighting is from osteoarthritis . I just made some CBD oil today. That is activated CBD bud (cherry wine hemp) infused into MCT oil (Liquid coconut oil). (Buying expensive cbd oil made me take low doses ) Now that I have low cost oil , I am going into increase my dose and see if that helps.

Boocoodinkydow

I’ve just recently harvested a Cherry Wine plant. Please share your experience when you try it.

I seldom do infusions nor extractions any longer; just do a good decarb, grind it thoroughly, cap it and add a few drops of carrier oil.

I ran it through my Nova twice for decarb. Either something magic happened to the CBD or this plant contained a lot more THC than advertised!!

Anxious to hear your take on yours.

EastFortRock

I’ve just recently harvested a Cherry Wine plant. Please share your experience when you try it.

I seldom do infusions nor extractions any longer; just do a good decarb, grind it thoroughly, cap it and add a few drops of carrier oil.

I ran it through my Nova twice for decarb. Either something magic happened to the CBD or this plant contained a lot more THC than advertised!!

Anxious to hear your take on yours.
My Cherry Wine is a hybrid with some other hemp and it was a bit late flowering and doesn’t give me high (muscles and joints feel looser), but if I consume a bunch of my Cherry Wine CBD oil , I can smoke way more THC weed than normal without much of a buzz. If I smoke CBD weed with no THC I think that the terpenes give me a short buzz. Maybe you are feeling a terpene buzz?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I played with many products since my last heart attack. Eliminated extracts with ingredients that caused problems.

Nerve pain from diabetes, joint pain from osteoarthritis, prostate enlargement, and an inflamed heart and liver. What doesn't hurt?

Morning and midday are not the same, nor are afternoon and evening.

CBD alone helps but at 1:3 with the high THC extract works much better.
THC alone works pretty well also, but much larger doses can be tolerated when diluted with CBD. Dose levels that would leave a user senseless can be taken and the broom still be used with the skinny part held in the hands.

I posted a picture of the labels, verbally saying one part of the 36% CBD mixed with two parts of the 95% THC give the best balance between pain relief and disorientation for the set of symptoms I have does not show the actual mix taken.

I do occasionally use CBD straight up when chest pains happen all by themselves. Doing THC straight up causes chest pains, hence the usual mixing for different periods during the course of a day.

Attachments

• Two favorites, the rock salt is 95 percent THC.jpg
    Two favorites, the rock salt is 95 percent THC.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 90