What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Raised Beds vs. Smart Pots vs. In-Ground

I'm currently in the ground at 2000 ft. It gets hot here in the summer so earths thermal battery is hard to resist.

The ground in Los Osos sure looks nice.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Ive had really good results with 40 gallon fabric bags for the last couple years..
It's easy to grow 1 lb. plants in them.
I'd prefer to grow in ground but that isnt possible , security wise.
Too many thieving mutts around here, so I like to keep my plants within shotgun range and its really convenient to have them within range of the garden hose too. .
I start with a heavily amended mix of native soil and water frequently with tailored compost teas during the summer.
picture.php

I did a final dry trim of this plant yesterday and got almost 15 oz. of the larger buds and almost 7 oz. of smaller buds and trim for the bubble bags. It is one of the smaller plants.
I could have saved some of what has been put aside for the bubble bags but its a wash, no pun intended.
picture.php

Group shot from this past July.
picture.php

Lemon OG early September.
picture.php

I have picked up several of the kiddie pools out of neighbors trash. They are too shallow for weed or any deep rooted plants, but my lettuce and other salad type veggies love them :)

Rico Swazi

I employ and enjoy them all

huglebeds and raised beds to the rear and right of containers
cardboard shades containers

picture.php

Rico Swazi

yeah ya bunch of lawbreakers
whatsamatta U ?
laughing.gif

plant counts in my garden are illegal too
posting pics showing such activities in the wrong section is part of the inherent lawlessness of my genetics

Does anyone know if using raised beds helps disguise plant count? Like is it harder to tell how many plants are in the gh when using beds vs using pots which to me would seem a little more obvious how many there are.

FoxFace

Ive had really good results with 40 gallon fabric bags for the last couple years..
It's easy to grow 1 lb. plants in them.
I'd prefer to grow in ground but that isnt possible , security wise.
Too many thieving mutts around here, so I like to keep my plants within shotgun range and its really convenient to have them within range of the garden hose too. .
I start with a heavily amended mix of native soil and water frequently with tailored compost teas during the summer.
View Image

I did a final dry trim of this plant yesterday and got almost 15 oz. of the larger buds and almost 7 oz. of smaller buds and trim for the bubble bags. It is one of the smaller plants.
I could have saved some of what has been put aside for the bubble bags but its a wash, no pun intended.
View Image

Group shot from this past July.
View Image

Lemon OG early September.
View Image
nom nom way to go Capt.Ahab hope one day I can do half that maybes In a dream:biggrin:

CrushnYuba

Does anyone know if using raised beds helps disguise plant count? Like is it harder to tell how many plants are in the gh when using beds vs using pots which to me would seem a little more obvious how many there are.

Yes. When you are getting a fly over, it is much easier for them to count the plants when you have pots. It's just easier to see through the greenhouse plastic. With beds it's much more difficult. Once the canopy is fully grown in, it's less of a big deal.

Latest posts

Latest posts