What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I do believe and I do pray so Gry please know that you will be in my prayers starting today. l'chaim Gry

MrMMJ

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good things is my religion. Thomas Paine ( Godfather of the American Revolution)

Odd post while quoting a famous deist.....?

Gry

Have an appointment with a primary care MD for 5:40 Monday.
Intent is to ask for a written referral to the pulmonary clinic as well as an ASAP appointment with a oncologist.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Sooner or later there won't be any more hoops to jump through, Gry. Here's to a peaceful weekend.

sdd420

Veteran
Stay strong live long is a nice motto...mostly your attitude and spirit need to be strong and you will live long. Peace sdd420

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Good luck @Gry, wishing you the most positive of vibes. While I don't know you personally I think about and check this thread regularly so thanks for the updates. Stay strong!

Gry

Went to the appointment, with two goals.
A written referral, to the pulmonary clinic at Olive View,
and an appointment with an oncologist.
I was told that their system does not accommodate such
things.
They informed me they use digital referrals, and that
it usually only takes a few weeks to find out
what the options might be for an appointment.
Was told to await a phone call in about ten days
a for word on a slot at the pulmonary clinic.
So much for my goal of showing up at the
pulmonary clinic bright and early this morning.
No response was given to my request
for an appointment with an oncologist.
This is my second time around with
cancer, first time around, it was approached as if
any delay in treatment was sacrilege.
Things sure have changed.
Rockefeller medicine...

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Can't help but feel frustrated and a bit angry for your situation Gry. Keep up the battle buddy, you deserve better than what you're getting.

M

moose eater

Our infrastructure and 'safety nets' have been imploding for various reasons for a long time now. Sad to witness in a 1st World Country that blinds itself with the flag, and sits back as age of mortality creeps backward, infant mortality rises, etc.

Gry has been more than patient with this level of incompetence and sometimes what looks like sabotage.

If we want better, we need to demand it, and think hard about the PR of whom we vote for, doing research instead of just digesting sound-bytes that make us feel good. We now have persons in our communities suffering needlessly, for whom care OUGHT to be available.

I'm going on 9 days waiting to hear back from a Doc's office to see if he'll agree to see me, and it was supposed to take 72 hours at the outset. And my insurance is heads and shoulders above what Gry has in-hand.

The place is imploding in many ways.

Hang in there, Gry. Don't let the bastards get you down.

In my case, if the Grim Reaper comes as a result of not being treated or seen, I fully intend to let my last breaths be taken while laying on the lawn of the fellow who couldn't take the time to respond to my inquiry. ;^>)

Good luck.

Gry

Went to the appointment, with two goals.
A written referral, to the pulmonary clinic at Olive View,
and an appointment with an oncologist.
I was told that their system does not accommodate such
things.
They informed me they use digital referrals, and that
it usually only takes a few weeks to find out
what the options might be for an appointment.
Was told to await a phone call in about ten days
a for word on a slot at the pulmonary clinic.
So much for my goal of showing up at the
pulmonary clinic bright and early this morning.
No response was given to my request
for an appointment with an oncologist.
This is my second time around with
cancer, first time around, it was approached as if
any delay in treatment was sacrilege.
Things sure have changed.
Rockefeller medicine...
Went back today to see why I had not heard
anything.
Saw exactly the same individual who I saw
last time.
The individual actually opened up the appointment by asking me
if I recalled our previous interaction.
Took all of about 30 seconds to establish that she had in
fact done nothing at all, and to get an apology
out of her.
My response was to tell her that I was less than
impressed with her apology, as she
had in effect stolen over a month of the single
most precious thing I had, which was time.
It was at that point when she got up and
ran from the room.
I will become familiar with whatever the
complaint process maybe.
Rockefeller medicine...

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went back today to see why I had not heard
anything.
Saw exactly the same individual who I saw
last time.
The individual actually opened up the appointment by asking me
if I recalled our previous interaction.
Took all of about 30 seconds to establish that she had in
fact done nothing at all, and to get an apology
out of her.
My response was to tell her that I was less than
impressed with her apology, as she
had in effect stolen over a month of the single
most precious thing I had, which was time.
It was at that point when she got up and
ran from the room.
I will become familiar with whatever the
complaint process maybe.
Rockefeller medicine...

Hopefully they will now get there act together GRY I agree start the complaints route at least you know where you stand then heres hoping and praying for you m8 all the best.:comfort:

M

moose eater

My suspicion, Gry, is that the system for those with the insurance you have is so overwhelmed by numbers of needs, and the budget so sunken, that they're now doing to folks in need of medical care, what SSI and similar sources have done to applicants for close to 40 years or more now; placate or deny as long as possible, and hope the person goes away.

In any case, it ought to be considered criminal.

I'm hoping that there's an accelerated complaint process, and wish you had access to a legal services office that represents folks in need. I suspect that one politely worded, but stiff in message, note from an attorney, hinting at the potential number of malpractice issues in your case, might get someone off their ass.

I get to see a new Doc on 9/11!! Fair bit of Cosmic joke in that, eh?? ;^>)

Good luck.

I received your messages, but when I tried to reply via voice, your phone was apparently off.

Hang in there.

F

Frylock

That is terrible Gry :frown:

IDK how people can be so casual about such serious things.... i get that they are dealing with sick people all day every day and that they need to keep an even keel for all sorts of reasons but it's such a serious job they have to keep their eyes on the ball, it is not flipping burgers. :ying:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even with SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, you go up the chain. Ask to see her supervisor, the name of social services that works with the clinic.

M

moose eater

If my hunch is correct, re. 'needs versus diminished budget,' the instruction to slow the flow of cash for services, if real, likely came down the chain, from those supervisors.