What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Franco the Strain Hunter

sopiff

the dude was really nice.
I went to KushKon in LA in '09 and showed him the dark bud in my Avatar that was the best thing I found strainhunting the previous winter in the caribbean.
he introduced me to some other breeders who helped me connect with really great LA buds.
he really went out of his way to hook me up and I wasn't even buying seeds just talking weed.

they're saying Malaria on fb as cause of death.

I will smoke extra OG for you , rip!
View Image

That is for real, he did the same thing for me in my own city. He was super cool, I never even bought seeds from him and same thing he went out of his way because we had the same passion, he gave me a pack of "Kings Kush" I never popped the pack still have it, I just put it on my wall yesterday in a frame....... He was so friendly we smoked on a few occasions in my city, he will be missed, it was just a few days ago prior to his death I was saying to my wife, I can not wait to see Franco this year. Arughhh gone to soon, Jah bless Franco and the whole GH team, a true legend for our movement.

"Very very sticky" lol See you brother.

sopiff

Franco was a inspiration to thousands of us. His positive way of thinking and personality were what made him so likable. His passion for the plant was almost unmatched.
I spent many hours watching the strain hunters, and other video interviews of his, but unfortunately never had the opportunity to meet him.
He was one of the BEST guys we had on our side, and will be missed deeply. Too soon.

Cheers to Franco! He would not want us to be sad, but rather to celebrate his life!

I can tell you that if you watch his videos, it is like meeting him, he was just like in the videos in person, very friendly and a big time lover of Cannabis, he would get caught up talking to people for hours sometimes at the expo's I would see him at, and he would never say no to a joint and a chat. He was our hero.

Gone but NEVER forgotten Franco. Might not have been a big fan of GHS but always felt Franco was an amazing person.
have been rewatching the strain hunters videos over the past few days. surprised to just find this out... so eerie.

Where these guys go in the bush there is none to help you. Thats daring.

His passion is impeccable not was IS.
Live on Forever Franco.

99%

Terrible news. The posts from those who met Franco only confirm the feeling I got from watching all the Greenhouse Seeds Strain Hunters documentaries...that he was a genuinely nice guy who had a huge passion for all things cannabis.. He died too young, but all of us should try to emulate Franco by pursuing our passion with all our energy just like he did.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sad....so sad.

I had met Franco on a few occasions, and he always impressed me as a dedicated cannabis enthusiast with a tremendous personality.

It was cerebral malaria that got him, and that could have got me and many others who have traveled extensively in remote areas where you might find interesting cannabis genetic material. Luckily enough I have never contracted malaria, but have seen many suffer with it over the years, and it's not pretty.

RIP mate, the huge body of work you left behind will inspire, educate, enlighten and entertain many thousands of growers and users alike into the future.
You will most certainly be missed.

theJointedOne

Veteran
There is a video on youtube of Franco doing an interview in which he states his favorite varieties from Greenhouse were the Hawaiian Snow, Super Lemon Haze, SSH, and White Rhino.

Let's pop some of these in his memory.

master shifoo

Hunt on my brothers and sisters. Never stop learing and looking for new strains. Never give up the love of the plant. Never stop helping each other.
R I P Franco 2017 CBP

YetiOG

Poor franco, so young and so much left to do. Makes me want to snag a couple packs of ghs and grow them out, its been a while. I should grow some for sure, i better check and see i might have a couple greenhouse beans around here still

W

wildkender

will it affect the price of the GH seeds in the future?

rip spanish amigo