What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here!

shaggyballs

Veteran
If you live in a Legal Cannabis State, and are unhappy please post here!

If your state has voted to legalize cannabis please tell us the about the problems you are currently facing.

How could thing have been done better?
Thanks
Shag

Last edited:

bigAl25

Veteran
Man if you live in my shitty Republican, put them in prison state, I don't know why anyone would bitch about being in a legal state. Unless they were not complying with state regulations. Hell to be able to grow 6 plants and not go to jail, that my friend is heaven.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Okay, I think we're done here, somebody turn out the lights.

It is funny some people think they are all knowing.....usually it is the other way around.

Man if you live in my shitty Republican, put them in prison state, I don't know why anyone would bitch about being in a legal state. Unless they were not complying with state regulations. Hell to be able to grow 6 plants and not go to jail, that my friend is heaven.

Some states you are not able to grow for yourself at all.
That sounds like heaven??
shag:tiphat:

shaggyballs

Veteran
If you live in a Legal Cannabis State, and are unhappy please post here!

If your state has voted to legalize cannabis please tell us the about the problems you are currently facing.

How could thing have been done better?

Thanks
Shag

Just in case some did not understand the question being asked!

armedoldhippy

Veteran

sounds more to me like he lives in a NON-legal state, in spite of the "problems" some of them have, & wishes HE lived there TOO!:woohoo:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Michigan. %63 voted for medical.
The %37 who voted against it are writing the rules. Why?

One county throws and international HT cup.
One county shuts down every dyspo and finds any reason to prosecute.

What do we do?
Vote out the procecutors and judges. They are local. Most win their seats buy a handful of votes.
Take out the weak.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Paladin, out of curiosity, even as bad as you would say Michigan's laws are, would you honestly say that it's worse than it was before medical was legalized? If not, why?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Michigan. %63 voted for medical.
The %37 who voted against it are writing the rules. Why?

One county throws and international HT cup.
One county shuts down every dyspo and finds any reason to prosecute.

What do we do?
Vote out the procecutors and judges. They are local. Most win their seats buy a handful of votes.
Take out the weak.

This is the best way to fix all political issues.
Stand together for a common cause!
I could not have said it better myself.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ But that happens in non-legal states so I'm a bit confused... Are you saying that things were better before medical? If so, why?

rhinoman 1

Never had to worry before. Now yer on a list if one gets involved with a Leo and a card gets exposed to them you get a visit.

NW Wheeze

In Washington the medical system is set up great. The local dispensaries all suck balls, I hear there are some good ones in and around Seattle though. I grow all my own, and have a great network of other patients to sample from. We have a weekly Farmers Market that is totally kick ass. Many local growers set up booths, have samples to smoke there... the whole place feels illegal as hell... but it is all legit and awesome.

As for our State screwing the pooch on recreational... the whole thing is hilarious. Stores that run out of product in a day or two, at $20/gram. Only the Govt could make this sort of incompetence seem normal. It does make the grey market much stronger... So, thanks State?

If I had to pick the most important items for a 'medical/legal law'.
-Ability to grow your own.
-Decent amount of medicine allowed on person/premises (>1lb)
-Farmers markets... they are the shit!
-Figure out a way to test for DUI properly. I dont know how to fix this one really.
-I should be able to work at a good job, and still use cannabis. Just because I piss 'hot' does not mean I am some drug abusing scumbag.

That is a good start.

Wu-tang

I live in the uk (not a state but I'm unhappy about the unjust laws here)

Cannabis is being legally grown and legally sold as a medicine to 24 other country's around the world (only by gw pharmaceuticals)

They legally grow cannabis then turn it into sativex which is a medicine

But according to uk law the cannabis plant has no medical value

If someone is sick and growing cannabis for their own use in a court of law it has no medical value, and people are going to jail for growing a plant

While gw pharmaceuticals grows tons of cannabis each year

shaggyballs

Veteran
In Washington the medical system is set up great. The local dispensaries all suck balls, I hear there are some good ones in and around Seattle though. I grow all my own, and have a great network of other patients to sample from. We have a weekly Farmers Market that is totally kick ass. Many local growers set up booths, have samples to smoke there... the whole place feels illegal as hell... but it is all legit and awesome.

As for our State screwing the pooch on recreational... the whole thing is hilarious. Stores that run out of product in a day or two, at $20/gram. Only the Govt could make this sort of incompetence seem normal. It does make the grey market much stronger... So, thanks State?

If I had to pick the most important items for a 'medical/legal law'.
-Ability to grow your own.
-Decent amount of medicine allowed on person/premises (>1lb)
-Farmers markets... they are the shit!
-Figure out a way to test for DUI properly. I dont know how to fix this one really.
-I should be able to work at a good job, and still use cannabis. Just because I piss 'hot' does not mean I am some drug abusing scumbag.
This one hit home with me!
I was working 300+ feet in the air, building scaffolding with guys that were taking oxycontin, and for some others it was only percocet....most guys used to call the vicodine tic-tac's.
But there was a hair test and randoms every few days.
That was tough on us hard core sch.1 drug users.
Unsafe and unjust.

That is a good start.
The dispensaries suck big balls here too.

:dance013:I wanna go to the farmers market!:dance013:

shaggyballs

Veteran
I live in the uk (not a state but I'm unhappy about the unjust laws here)

Cannabis is being legally grown and legally sold as a medicine to 24 other country's around the world (only by gw pharmaceuticals)

They legally grow cannabis then turn it into sativex which is a medicine

But according to uk law the cannabis plant has no medical value

If someone is sick and growing cannabis for their own use in a court of law it has no medical value, and people are going to jail for growing a plant

While gw pharmaceuticals grows tons of cannabis each year

I feel your pain this is UNJUST for sure.
The thing is lets make it legal, but everyone has to get it from ME!:biggrin:

shaggyballs

Veteran
I find that hard to believe.

Hey hush!:tiphat:

Good to see ya around.
Been watchin yer grow too.

Did you see what they did in canada...just what rhinoman 1 said.

Also I know a guy that was following all of the caregiver rules.
But one day he dried his stuff in the laundry room, kid went to school smellin like weed!
Dummy!
Cops investigated him for 3 months then grabbed all his plants and dried product.
Told him he is not allowed to grow in the city limits.(ordinance or something)
He did not get arrested...they told him his paperwork was in order and he was under his plant count.
He was not charged after his court appearance.
But he can no longer grow in his house.

True there may be more to the story....there always is!
see ya:tiphat:
shag