What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi skunk, bigbud and white rhino sog/scrog.

thc43

Veteran
:wave:
Sensi skunk phenos

Grow style/ SOG coco runto waste

Space/ 90cm x 1.2m

light/ 600wt standard ballast shade and phillips globe

Plants/9 pots of coco/ perlite 40%

Expected grow time/ 9 weeks

Nute +additive/ canna coco A/B, Rhizotonic, Zym biobugs, budlink silica, and some sort of folic acid later in flower.

A mixed grow this one a few strains and a couple of grow methods all in one devided room. Lets start with The sensi skunk grow started 9 months ago when i cracked the beans grew out to 6 week then sexed by flowering under flouros. Once i had my fems/ hermis marked i killed the males and cloned the fem/hermis 9 of intotal for 16seeeds. Mothered for a while until i had some space to flower.

I havnt grown seed in a long time i forgot to expect the odd hermi. started with 9 fem/hermi phenos today i have 5 left atter 11 days flowering.
So far im alittle worried these plants look alittle lanky not really robust like the other strains im growing i know id have probally dramas scrogging with this sort of growth rate and fragile branching ther all so alittle sensitive to nute increases while smaller white rhino and bigbud close have no problems..

Just set up a res and drippers yesterday with a mild strength feed.
canna coco= 1.8ec
rhizotonic full dose
canna zym full dose
silica 1/4 dose
dimond nector 1/4 dose too expensive and too many floaters in bottle

foliar sprays every second day
folia tech 60ml per litre
max fx 60ml
penetrator 60ml.

pics
#1 after 2 days hps veg where finally flower :joint:

#2 day 4/5 flower and the hermis come to play

#3 day 10

#4 day 10

#5 lower branches removed and supper cropped tallest few branches.

#6 Today

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
Hope to find a decent mum in that lot of skunks or atleast one thats better than the white rhino clone.

:lurk:
Bigbud/ white rhino grow

Grow style/ scrogged coco run to waste

medium/ coco perlite 60/40%

Grow space/ 1.3m x 2m

Lighting/ 1x 600wt atm but will be using 1200wts on the scrog

ventilation/ 1x lx250 250mm can fan with carbon filter, runns through a Y connector to do both rooms. 2x 300mm passive inlets into big room, 1x 150 mm passive inlet between rooms into smaller room so the small ex veg room sucks air from the large room. was the only way i could make 1 fan fan suck 3x more air through the bigger room while still haveing decent flow through the smaller. :badday:

Plant/ 6 intotal 3x bigbud 3x white rhino.

nute additive/ both rooms run from the same res so same as other canna range.

expected grow time/ have been vegging for 5 days may go another 5 then flower so 10weeks.

Scrog growing :woohoo:

Ok Just planted a couple of days ago i had some really nice clones to choose from some of the better root systems ive seen after 1 week pre veg. fed rhizotonic and 1.4ec coco nute. Now planted im ready to put in some sort of drippers, i have a heap of the spaggetti hose and spikes but need a new pump roughly 3000lph will get very soon all this hand mixing is starting to suck. :chin:

i put a net in two days ago but looking at pics its still alittle high for the slower growing white rhino(front row) can use a few bricks to prop the rhinos up worked last time :yummy: big bud im expecting to go crazy very soon so is ok where she is and expecting to need to cut or tip the Bigbud back to same size as the rhino just before flowering normally grows 1/3 faster but the rhino stretches more in first week of flower . Loosing a few hermi skunks i now have more room for the scrog so might replace the net with a bigger one and space the plants further appart. Once the scrog is flowered the deviding wall will be cut out dont and wont need a hps veg room for a while. :sasmokin:

#1 bigbud bud from the cure jar and about to disapear

#2 4x plant on the left Rhinos other 4 bigbud during there preveg tipping so that all plants have only 4 or 6 branches 2/3 nodes

#3 a few days into veg, net added

#4 day 3 veg

#5 todays pic day 5V.

#6 Bigbud day 5

#7 white rhino day 5

#8 :yoinks: :wave:

Last edited:

turbo14

Veteran
Nice grow! Did you end up finding a momma? Also does the big bud taste and potency? I have heard the Sensi's version of Big Bud isn't to bad.

Turbo

thc43

Veteran
hey turbo,

this is where im at atm so far ive found a heap of males and hermis from only 16 sensi skunk seeds. The two strains ive been mothering since 2000 are Bigbud and white rhino but hope to add a skunk to that list. Source of clones told me the bigbud is a aussi bush strain kept for yield but very good smoke back in the MH days, a mass cloner got hold of it and it spread like fire then sold as ruby. The white rhino is simular no details but another grower i know says its alot like green house but maby more indica in the stone. from what ive seen both nirvana and green house look nothing like. Isnt common over here for a grower to name a strain after this months/ years best seller.

more pics comming tomorrow after i do the final trim of some buds ive got curing.

Potency is a tricky one isnt as hard rocking as the rhino but take a big draw and it reminds me of smoking as a teen ripped apart off one coneand is alot longer lasting compared to the rhino that i find my self pulling buckets when im already stoned..

If i get it right the rhino is a very good strain but often she doesnt finnish well, buds are small but need alot of light to be rock hard , i mainly kept her for the amount of resin most coated strain ive grown so far.

thc43

Veteran
some harvest pics from last scrog grow in the tub just over one lights worth of white rhino and big bud, yield was good no small buds at all really some arent so chunky being shaded by bigger buds or on the outer edges of the screen but wouldnt have a bigbud less than 25cm.. :woohoo:

:chin: White rhino bigbud.

white rhino

Not sure if ill get enough bud leaf to do a decent bubble bag run have about 2oz of under mature bud from below the screen but normally do atleast 100g to 200g runs might have 80g MAXX :dueling: .

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
hey guys a really hot week around here back into the high 30s low 40c outside temps, grow room temps are high also about 34c max with a/c off 28c when its on. Bloody thing uses more power than all the lights together. A/C wall unit = 3200wt 3x 600wt= 1800wt + pumps and a few flouros400wt, the A/C comes on above 30c basicly when ever a light is running on days hotter than 30c outside.

11 days of veg for the scrog and its come time to flower any longer and i will easily overgrow this space. growing six plants un this scrog where i would last had 2 plant has ment alot less training and a faster veg.

Now both rooms are drip fed from the same res:
Ec 2.0 canna coco,
rhizotonic 4ml,
folic humic 1ml,
canna zym 2.5ml
and budlink 1ml
+ folia feeds now only the scrog, sog flowers getting too big for folia sprays.

Veg day 11 scrog

White rhino scrogged

Bigbud tipped and scrogged

Sensi skunk also going well except for a small Hick up, me forgetting to turn pump timer to the ready mode after a res refill :bat: Lost a few leaves and plant are going to need support later into flower but should/ lets hope theyll be ok.

Im pretty sure the skunks im left with are female maby one suspect in the centre has less pistles and just looks different. All the phenos look good maby some pack the trics on earlier than the bigbud.

flowering 16 days

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
the wall falls

the wall falls

quick update

day 1 of flowering the scrog somehow i got my days mixed up able to count back thanks to the pics on 2/3/07 only a 10 day veg with the scrog one of my faster efforts. With the drippers now producing consistant run off there growing really fast so much so the bigbuds got tipped again but still may need 1x dripper more than the rhinos. Atm run off is good 2.4ec clean and about 15% white rhino, slightly lower ec2.0 same as going in bigbud but still only alittle run off out of one pot(another dripper) normally works or maby 3x drippers in the rhinos ANd 4x in the bigbud pots. 100lt or 1/2 res used in 3 days :yoinks: drinking nearly as much as my last full bloom grow.

With the scrog flowered my crappy temp deviding wall came down improving air flow and movement through the whole room. The skunks came out for there pre flower check no sign of hermi or bugs but still got sprayed with Abermectin for mites just incase. Last foliar spray of silica at 2ml per litre to hopefully preventing mould seem to be getting darker but ec hasnt been increased all week. The room was swept, moped and sprayed for bugs then rinsed clean before another spray for mite on the walls because i found some very small cob webs could be mites..

After my first week running a res and drips the health of the plants is improving bigger thicker greaner leaves, stems that arnt so fragile when being bent in the scrog. skunks still have a problem holding there weight odd so early in flower just look alot weaker than my clones now and in last grow, just taking them out of the room for 5 mins had most of the plants bending on there sides, more airflo and silica to come in the res should help.

scrog grow before the wall came down :bat:

after

sensi skunk d18

sensi skunk day 18

will be an addition to the nutes im using i have a 1 lt bio boost to use on one of the grows probally best for the scrog because ive grow both bigbud and white rhino a few times now. If it looks to be doing good ill probally use on both late in flower.

anyone got anything bad to say about bioboost or maby have tips for me as to when and how to use dor best results, a newish product here in OZ was $375 a litre but now $110aus "new formular".

another harvest pic buds im putting away for a rainy day

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
After the first week and 200lt of nutes through the pots the plants have really taken off. Halfway through the res at 2.0ec i decided to up the strengths skunk lower leaves just paleing, straight away the scrog went crazy but has a heap of yellowed tips..

In the past ive started clones at 2.0 ec upto 2.6 by flowering so pretty sure the yellowing isnt caused by the nute but maby fulvic acid or the dutch master foliar sprays. Looks flourescent yellow when the lights come on.

fulvic/ humic 1400 is a new product im trying so the odds are ive overdosed with it, directions suck 1 to 5litres per hectare. with some help we guestimated 1ml per litre at that strength my res went black and smelt like neem.. 0.5ml seems better but still have the yellowed new leaves..

If any one cant convert "1litre per hectare into mls per litre of nute solution" or have used fulvic/ humic 1400 let me know pls.

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
Sensi skunk 3 weeks into flower.

Some phenos look better than others but will be a hard choice one with the least bud formation has the most trics at this point.. Going to need alot of steaks to keep this lot from falling over.

Pheno 1

Pheno 2

Pheno3

will get pics of the other two soon.. And lastly the scrog after a few minutes training under the screen.

The res before a top up still suspect im using too much fulvic acid normally i can see the pumps.

thc43

Veteran
A fresh res mix
"week4 sog" day 24 :joint:
" day 9 ScRoG"

canna coco A/B 2.2ec PH 5.8 to 6.0.
rhizotonic last week at 4ml per litre
canna zym 2.5ml "" ""
Fulvic/humic 1400 from .5ml to 0.25ml per litre.
Budlink silica upto 2ml
+
Folia sprays every (3 daily)
foliar tech 60ml
penetrator 60ml
MaxFx 60ml
Rhizotonic 2ml

Pheno 4 Sensi skunk

Pheno 5 skunk

9days flowering the scrog still stretching at about 95% of the screen filled, about to raise the light stop all training and let them grow from there.

:sasmokin:

Last edited:

NG2k

wow... man that is a good scrog..... mines like a gauze in a bong compared to yours :wink:.... well done thc43.

Peace
NG2k :joint:

thc43

Veteran
Hey NG2k

cant believe you managed six pots in that space i had huge dramas with 4 per 600wt with only days veg. Yours looks well spaced :dueling:maby more indica keeping the stretch down, im alittle worried i have too many new branches comming through and in the wrong spots down the centre of the grow is a bit of a mess...

Good luck and happy scroging :lurk:

NG2k

well.... i vegged for about 10days i think under 150W HPS and managed 6 pots (soil) in that space.... do you use any particular training methods? the strain is Northern lights pure indica and im at 23 days flower. this is only really my first serious grow and i found scrog quite easy....... a pain at times because you dont think it will all fall into place properly.... and yes my center is higher than round the edges but not by much.....
NG2k :joint:

Last edited:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
wow!

wow!

hi thc43 :wave:

first off, very nice grow! clean and well taken care of i can see:yes:

you say those sensi skunks are 3 weeks into 12/12 in the pictures above is that a typo, because they look very well developed for 3 weeks... if not they will be some very quick finishers man.

did your beans come in the new or old breeders pack?

good luck.... i'll just pull up a chair for the show :lurk:

btw, canna coco a&b already has humic & fulvic acids added to the nutes from my recollection. is there a reason you are adding more?

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
gday shhh,

Yep my days/ week are off alittle ive rechecked the calander, skunks flowered on the 18th/ feb (last) month are now at day 24 week 4 not week 3 as in last thread.. will edit now :bat:

This is the first time flowered for the skunks and are suprising me with there flowering rate the last weeks bud growth looks to be faster than the other strains im growing maby fluffier though.

Expected these to be alittle like Mazar seeds i grew alittle while ago longer flowering stinky piney skunk smell. Sensi skunk so far smells sweet like gum and as fast as my 8/9 weeks strains being scrogged atm.

The Fulvic humic acid, just giving it a go so far plants are greener with alot thicker leather like leaves. Alittle while ago i was told that humic /fulvic top ups help break down built up salts in the soil, after a recent claw/ toxicity problem in the coco and being alittle slack with weekly flushes i thought if its cheep it might be worth trying.

Started with dimond nector in last grow first fulvic acid i saw but at the mix rates it wasnt worth the little effect i saw1lt per 40litres of solution. Fulvic/humic 1400 $25 per litre is what i was looking for should last all year. Like with silica a few grows ago now in my plants weekly diet.

:joint:
the skunk beens came in a standard looking buisness card size peice of white card in plastic sensi logo looked legit but have seen same strain in a box or different packaging. 16 very good looking beans ..

Other seeds ive bought where more carefully wrapped maby even with a seal of sorts..
Very much the same wrapping as white lable seeds at same time maby 18 months ago/.

welcome ill try to keep regular updates something ive found tricky in the past either flooded or not enough..

peace ...

White rhino 4 week cure

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
Day 26
Sensi skunk

pheno 1>4

Day 12 flower scrog.
today hand watered 2ml per litre of bio boost into all pots trying to use twice a week from today.

thc43

Veteran
Yep growing well

Another res and week closer

i thought id add some pics of my last grow at around day 30 to compare to the skunks at simular age.. Alittle worried the skunks arnt stacking up atleast 50% have somewhat mutant looking buds and probally wont yield well..

day 34 white rhino

day31 Bigbud

a pic of my small flouro veg/ mum room where i grow bb and wr mums and there clones for my grows.. Atm not very busy with a hand full of clones to replace the skunks as soon there done.

thc43

Veteran
More pics This time up first the scrog now 15/16days into flower

White rhino soon to be crown.

Sensi Skunk grow "SOG"

Sensi skunk started with 16 seeds (A to P) Went back to my notes to work out which pheno is which..

1st Pheno "C"

Pheno "D"

Pheno "F"

Pheno"K"

Pheno "M"

c/f im worried may have been pollinted or just hugely different..