What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best water heater

Gtir

I've been through heating elements, under sink water heaters, and my latest was an on demand got water heater but now I can't find a pump w enough pressure to send water through it. Any recommendations for a hot water bath heater solution that doesn't suck ?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We build our own using a Grainger Dayton hot water recirculation pump.

Attachments

• Inline heating conceptual.jpg
    Inline heating conceptual.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Inline heat exchanger-1-1.jpg
    Inline heat exchanger-1-1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 12
I'm still using a warm bath for my 6" but would like to employ a jacketed collection platter for the next build, any photos of a plumbed, warm recirc setup?

montroller

That's what I've been using but it's incredibly dangerous.

umm could you elaborate on that... The water heater has a safety cradle for the heating element and the temp controller is rated for enough power to run the heater. I even pump through the walls to ensure there is minimal electrical devices in my work space.

gumby420

ive been using a polyscience water recirculator. it heats up super quick, it was a few hundred $ but ive been using it about 6 months now with zero problems.

Gtir

umm could you elaborate on that... The water heater has a safety cradle for the heating element and the temp controller is rated for enough power to run the heater. I even pump through the walls to ensure there is minimal electrical devices in my work space.

It's a raw heating element dipped in water, if the temp sensor slips out of the water it can overheat. If it's left on the water boils off and it lights on fire. (. I know from experience)

montroller

It's a raw heating element dipped in water, if the temp sensor slips out of the water it can overheat. If it's left on the water boils off and it lights on fire. (. I know from experience)

I guess those are valid concerns but mine sits in a cooler with a lid so it could never slip out of the water and I suppose the the temp controller could malfunction but so could any hardware. I still consider the setup to be safe if used properly.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been using this heater with this temp controller and circulating with an ecoplus 1110. takes about ~30 minutes to heat a 12 gallon cooler to ~100f from ~70f. Might not be strong enough for columns but it is more than enough for a jacketed collection pot.

I guess those are valid concerns but mine sits in a cooler with a lid so it could never slip out of the water and I suppose the the temp controller could malfunction but so could any hardware. I still consider the setup to be safe if used properly.

The portable immersion heater montroller says he uses,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R01TPS

seems to be the same design as this taller one, the exact same picture was used in the advertisement...

https://www.amazon.com/11-1-Max-Wat...rd_wg=xQEsN&psc=1&refRID=1XDRREQY6EB97CMD7QQN

"If not submerged in water, these heaters automatically shut-off."

How many kW heater circulator do I need?

How many kW heater circulator do I need?

I'm trying to determine the amount Watts or kW that I would need in order to maintain approximately 12 gallons of water at 110 F. The water will be flowing through 3 different jacket honey pots that will have about 25 gallons of a propane/butane mixture in two of the vessels and one at about 15-20 gallons. Thank you