Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
question for sam the skunkman on the original haze Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2008, 01:03 PM #31
EddieShoestring
Florist

EddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really nice
here is a smoke report of some O Haze from Seedsman Seeds bought earlier on in the 90s and grown last year

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=80945

i'm a Sat lover and get to sample alot of strains but i've got to say-after some consideration-that it gives the best hit that i've ever had. It is like a combination of LSD and pure adrenaline. There is no stone to it-and apparently no ceiling. Of the people that i know who've tried it-quite a few get paranoid if they smoke too much. When i've started to get the jitters on it i've used techniques that we used to use to get a handle on things when trips got too wierd-and its been fine.

It's been crossed with old Sensi Hash Plant genetics and they are being grown out ATM-the seeds have been given away freely-its not a commercial project-its a free party vibe.

one thing i've been wanting to ask Sam is what does the OHaze that you know smell like? This one smells strongly of dried mango slices-with another smell that is sort of piney but also a bit like plastic.

thanks
eddie

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:22 PM #32

More valuable history!!!!!!!!

Well this has some really good stories......
To bad the OTHER guy's are not here to speak??
From the sound of SAM i believe him mostly!
Hell we didnt even have lights in 1969,never mind clones?
Myself i started growing NON-stop in 1974,and i didnt think
lighting was around till a few years later.....am i right SAM?
When would you say cloning came into play SAM??
Thanks!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:28 PM #33
Dalaihempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
But maybe he meant seeds from 1969? And not grown until the 80's? To be honest I do not know.
-SamS
hiya sam from what i know its infact seeds that nevile got that date back to 69 and they were collected in the us not from urope i forgot the year tho.

Not posting to piss any off or to upset.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:29 PM #34
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Mid to late 70's. About the time of the first Medal Halide lights being used indoors. But I know of no clones much older then 20 years, still alive today.

-SamS

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 02-24-2008 at 01:33 PM..
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2008, 04:40 PM #35
Highlighter
ring that bell

Highlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant future
Greetings all, another font of info here, just wonderful!

Was just wondering how OT1 Haze emerged from all this?

Brotherhood of Eternal Love

R.I.P. DR. Jay, medical messiah
R.I.P. Medjool, ganja goddess
R.I.P. LMN , sativa king
Highlighter is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2008, 05:54 PM #36
Hurk

Hurk will become famous soon enoughHurk will become famous soon enough
These guys claim to have an heirloom haze dating from the late 60's. What do you you think?

Cannabis Eye Magazine - Pure Haze

I cant seem to post a link. Here's there description:

Pure Haze
( Breeders Choice )
Price: Euros 30.00

Summary:

* Pure Sativa Heirloom from the late 60's
* Gorgeous pure equatorial plants
* Authentic Californian Genetics
* Open Pollinated family line
* 10 Seeds Per Pack

Overview:
This is a heirloom line of pure Hazes originating in the Californian region in the late 60's to early '70's. The line is a assecion of seeds maintained pure for many years. BCSC used all available plants from this first generation, this was two males onto eight females in order to maximise the variety within the line.

The variety within the line has been maintained with origional creeper, Purple, Green and other phenotype expressions present during our test grows in 2006. Due to the variety within the line, we believe this line to offer amazing breeding potential.

Specifications:

* Sativa/Indica: Pure Sativa
* Indoor/Greenhouse: 18-26 Weeks
* Outdoor finish: Late December/January, 30 degrees latitude and South.
* Odor level: Low
* Mite resistance: High
* Mould Resistance: High
* Stretch: 4x and greater
* Yield: High

Details:

1. Seed Lot: Created 01/05
2. Breeding History: Assecion #1 from BCSC
3. Germination Tested: 01/07 - 94/100 & 03/07 - 92/100
4. Flowering Time: 18 - 20 weeks approximate flowering time

Last edited by Hurk; 02-24-2008 at 05:59 PM..
Hurk is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2008, 06:06 PM #37
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to all
Why not get some real original haze from the source selected (who ever is reliable and honest) and then cross with Old Timer's haze then do the searching through the f2's to see what pops up or backcross to stock seed made from the O. Haze beans, you know line breed them back to the Original Haze. All that is needed then is to know what to look for when selecting breeding stock. Would you please give some direction Sam?

Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM #38
dkmonk

dkmonk has a spectacular aura aboutdkmonk has a spectacular aura aboutdkmonk has a spectacular aura aboutdkmonk has a spectacular aura about
Wow so much information Sam you are a legend to me. After reading all this I'm getting quit confused as to which so called original haze i would want to cross w/ an unkown hybrid that i have that is an amazing resilent plant. Would it be the Flying Dutchmans "original haze"?

Sorry for not understanding, it's just the words original haze have been used alot and i dont know if you mean the actual original or the hybrid of the original or nevilles haze.
dkmonk is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 PM #39
Highlighter
ring that bell

Highlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant future
Hurk, Breeder's Choice's Haze is from the same source as Ace's OT1 Haze. Same genetics, cept Ace has isolated phenos from a much larger gene pool.

Brotherhood of Eternal Love

R.I.P. DR. Jay, medical messiah
R.I.P. Medjool, ganja goddess
R.I.P. LMN , sativa king

Last edited by Highlighter; 02-24-2008 at 09:09 PM..
Highlighter is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:50 PM #40
Hurk

Hurk will become famous soon enoughHurk will become famous soon enough
Cool! Thanks for clearing that up
Hurk is offline Quote