What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOLVENT LEAVING SUPPLY TANK VERY SLOWLY

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
So the title basically tells it all. I ordered a 70/30 mix from BVV & started to distill a bunch.

The solvent basically like crawls out of the tank that came from BVV. I threw it in some warm water to help build some pressure, but it is still pretty slow.

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help speed the process up. Let me know.

Thanks.

aod

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best Value Vacs sells several different brands with different outlets, what do you have?

The usual way to distill is to transfer some from the tank to your collection pot in liquid form, either using the dip tube outlet, or if all you have is a gas outlet, turning the tank upside down to get it to discharge liquid. Then the transferred liquid is distilled to a third container, your recovery tank.

Here's a diagram from Terpp:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0..._Operating_Schematic.pdf?18425847145300058695

Some HVAC hose ends have schrader valve depressors that block the flow, they can be easily removed by unscrewing them out, a pair of needle nose pliers will do to grab it and twist it out.

You need to vac out all air in the the container your transferring to, same for the hoses. If you get air in a tank you can 'burp' it out through the gas outlet.

switchy85

If you're using their American branded stuff it doesn't have a dip tube, so you have to flip the tank over to get liquid to come out. Otherwise it's just the gas vapor and everything will take forever.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you disconnect the hose and open the valve with the tank in an upright position, you can tell whether it has a dip tube or not.

What pressure does the system show when you are heating it?

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
hey everyone - sorry for the delay in response. My 4 year old has been having much different plans for me when I have been getting home from work the past few weeks lol.

Thanks - I have to flip it upside down. Simple fixes are the best lol. Once again, thank you everyone.

aod