What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this mold or trichromes? pics

therevverend

Veteran
Muleskinner beat me too it I'm an outdoor grower in the PNW so I know mold. Cystolithic hairs look a lot like mold under magnification. Notice how it's only on the stem. Mold usually starts in the flowers and then rots into the stem. There's usually discoloration cystolithic hairs are always white.

The other evidence that it's not mold is that you didn't hack your brains out after smoking some. Mold always tastes terrible and smokes like shit. If you fuck up and smoke some after the first hit you don't want any more.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
One thing is certain if you smoke long enough your gonna run accross and probably smoke some moldy weed. Especially if your a outdoor grower. If it taste and smoke good I'd say it's probably ok. I've seen some absolute shit weed in my days that I can't believe I paid for. Sometimes I've seen shit so bad a little mold ain't gonna matter that much. I wouldn't smoke moldy shit nowadays but when I was a kid we didn't care. But like Paddi said you'd cough your lungs up if it was very bad. I've found out about 25yrs ago to grow my own shit. I know what's sprayer on it, what it's feed, how it's flushed, cured etc. When in doubt if I got alot of weed I'd separate anything in question. If I didn't have much weed and thought there's a little mold on it id probably smoke it if I REALLY had too lol. I know mold is serious stuff. Ive been cleaning out a basement full of it. Hopefully your weed is ok friend I hate to see someone have to smoke shit like that

Latest posts

Latest posts