What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TMV Looking to sterilize room and not cross contaminate please help

kalopatchkid

Veteran
This was posted on Instagram about a year ago by @by_stokes.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Smith111

Only way to get rid of a virus, is to start over with tissue cultures. Clean the rooms, which is next to impossible.

That is why I don't mess with any Sour D genetics anymore. They are a plaque. Same with GG #4.

False positive, imo. The test has never been replicated. Outliers that cannot be replicated are very rarely legitimate.

I wouldn't be so sure.........

When a testing lab not only tests positive, but then give detailed descriptions on how spreading the virus onto cannabis isn't a "myth", I tend to believe it. Not only that, but I run into some pretty smart folks in the cannabis industry, and they claim to have positive results for TMV as well.

beta

Veteran
Only way to get rid of a virus, is to start over with tissue cultures. Clean the rooms, which is next to impossible.

That is why I don't mess with any Sour D genetics anymore. They are a plaque. Same with GG #4.

When a testing lab not only tests positive, but then give detailed descriptions on how spreading the virus onto cannabis isn't a "myth", I tend to believe it. Not only that, but I run into some pretty smart folks in the cannabis industry, and they claim to have positive results for TMV as well.

A detailed description of how TMV spreads does not support this particular test. If this test is accurate, we'd would be seeing LOTS of positive test results all over the country. This is the only one I've ever seen and it's never been replicated, which makes it a SERIOUS outlier.

What's more likely - A virus we've never conclusively seen in cannabis is now in cannabis OR a lab made a common mistake?

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
, but I run into some pretty smart folks in the cannabis industry, and they claim to have positive results for TMV as well.

Ha yeah but there are a LOT of broscience fan boy fucking dumbasses as well..

Any gene mutations caused by any virus would very likely cause the same effects.

I also hardly trust "the crop doctor"..

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was here and very active on these boards when the TMV in cannabis scare really took hold.
The fear lasted about a year, but as they say, shit rolls downhill. Now, the next generation has to deal w it.
2 things to note:
Cannabis can contract tmv. Though in the 10 years since people started talking about it, I've not seen one single case of it.
If your garden contracts it, you will know without question because your plants will die. Fast. All of them.
We live in a reality that causes people to blame tmv for a number of problems. 99% which are easily fixed by adjusting nutrients, and 1% that is a few things other than tmv.

Not proud of it, but you can see about a year's worth of discussion on the subject by reading through San Diego's Finest #1 thread.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
to avoid cross contamination you need to treat the spaces like labs, you can get 1 way jump suits and make people take shoes off and wear slippers that don't leave the place covered in shoe covers. ideally never work in the 2 places on the same day. you want to be freshly showered and laundered before going from 1 place to the other.

kalopatchkid

Veteran

I wouldn’t make judgements based on names....

Our primary diagnostician, Heather B. Vallier, PhD. holds a bachelor of science in plant pathology and biology, a master of science in plant pathology and molecular biology, and a doctorate in biological sciences with an emphasis in molecular plant pathology. In addition Dr. Vallier has more than 25 years experience in the field, 20 of which were as a plant pathologist on the south coast of California.

Raw710

Could you explain how you would clean and sterilize your room? They say that there is not an airborne virus but TMV can travel on dust being so small and move around the grow area that way.

Raw710

Ha yeah but there are a LOT of broscience fan boy fucking dumbasses as well..

Any gene mutations caused by any virus would very likely cause the same effects.

Yes I believe a gene mutation would be more common than contracting TMV but I could be totally wrong.

Raw710

to avoid cross contamination you need to treat the spaces like labs, you can get 1 way jump suits and make people take shoes off and wear slippers that don't leave the place covered in shoe covers. ideally never work in the 2 places on the same day. you want to be freshly showered and laundered before going from 1 place to the other.

I agree with that!!!! thank you for the response.