What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would ya just look at that.

Cut a couple branches off the critical cheese and fast dried it on the wood stove. Wife says it put her ass to sleep. I like the quality. Will be even better in 6 days after fresh water 3x.

I'm impatient,

20181215-122023-720x1280.jpg

It does the trick.

palmeezy

is it the consensus then that "pH dropping" is the cause of these root failures?

years back, growing DWC from seed, i never had a single incident of the roots dying off like that except when somehow the air line or stone wasn't working.

later on, i took in clones that i thought were holy grain type strains (GG4 included). only then did i ever begin to see this sort of thing.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
is it the consensus then that "pH dropping" is the cause of these root failures?
It's my opinion the root rot is the cause of the pH drop. Root rot being caused by too high of a nutrient load, usually after physical flower bulking has ceased. Lack of oxygen and biological outbreaks can also cause root rot to skyrocket and pH to plummet.

I'm thinking my nutrient profile has been just a touch shy on calcium, making root rot easier to occur. We'll see. :)

years back, growing DWC from seed, i never had a single incident of the roots dying off like that except when somehow the air line or stone wasn't working.

later on, i took in clones that i thought were holy grain type strains (GG4 included). only then did i ever begin to see this sort of thing.

Im pretty inexperienced with DWC, but the only time I rotted roots off it was due to low ph when my meter was giving me false readings.

My poor plants... 2 of the 12 buckets had actual ice in the top forming. Got cold! Was negative 10f outside and it only took a few hours to get to 30 degrees in the room.

It's my opinion the root rot is the cause of the pH drop. Root rot being caused by too high of a nutrient load, usually after physical flower bulking has ceased. Lack of oxygen and biological outbreaks can also cause root rot to skyrocket and pH to plummet.

I'm thinking my nutrient profile has been just a touch shy on calcium, making root rot easier to occur. We'll see. :)

I do remember losing a small plant to "biological outbreak" when the algea that was forming on the top of the rockwool seemed to crawl down into the roots. Now I cover my hydrotron and rockwool to prevent it. I think the warmer your water is... the more susceptible the roots would be to infections.

Been kinda bummed out... Lost all 6 of my small plants and the big girls roots look great but the top canopy still is in pain.

This is the plant the top pictured above came from
20181217-152132-720x1280.jpg

Here is the last auto I still have trying to produce something useable...

20181217-152120-720x1280.jpg

Moved all my remaining plants in the house to monitor them more closely.

What you thought I gave up that EZ.... Nah Nah... Remember one thing I am good at is recovery in DWC.

Defoliated tops now sending them into bud...

Blue Cheese Fem
20190111-204428-1280x720.jpg

CBD Cure Fem
20190111-204507-1280x720.jpg

Purple Haze Fem
20190111-204248-1280x720.jpg