What's new

Anyone ppk without jacks?

I'm doing it, so far doing ok with nutrifield coco nutes in 65/35 perlite to coco. Pretty much bastadized and molested it to suit what i have available to me

Not sure if these coco nutes gonna become a problem? Just using the last of it then moving on to flairform bloom for flower

Further down the track I will possibly try jacks, but have to import it and it's not cheap. If I can get 20+ from a 600 might not even bother..

Surely others out there have tried other brands?

M

mugenbao

I'm fairly sure I've seen others using several different nute lines, but can't find links at the moment. For what it's worth, I used Maxibloom and silica on one run (with coco/turface blend for media) when I ran out of Jack's, and everything went very well.

tilopa

I've started using Hydroponic Research Veg + Bloom, mainly because I'm having trouble sourcing the Jack's. I've heard good things about V+B but I've been using them on my veg plants and starting to get yellow lower leaves, some with brown spots in the yellow. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm using the recommended dosage, which comes out to about 800ppm. I went ahead and ordered some jacks from the supplier.

I thought about doing a run with maxibloom. Once I run out of nutrifield I might grab some of that. Or bite the bullet and buy some jacks.. It's not super expensive but shipping costs as much as the product

Have to wait and see how shit goes I guess but so far they're beating the he'll out of my (lazy) DTW coco plants...

Brown spots and yellow leaves will be calcium and possibly magnesium deficiency? Lower leaves one would think nitrogen, but 800ppm seems too high for n deficiency..

CHEFfy

V&b isn't as good in veg as it is in bloom... lots of us coco heads use maxi-grow in veg (I use heavy 16 veg to good success).

Latest posts

Latest posts