What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican Kings Bread

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Et

Since this is an educational thread ,
The Queen of Sheeba visited King Solomon . When she returned she was pregnant . People assumed it was Solomon`s child .
That child`s lineage leads to Ras Tafari aka Halle Selase King of Ethiopia .
The Jamaican man Marcus Garvey predicted a new king would be crowned in Africa and he would be the new messiah .

That`s where the king Solomon tag is coming from .

Edit some google jitsu leads me to this . King Solomon's Grave???

worldwatcher

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:22 PM link
wasn't sure where this topic fits, so please move it if necessary.

I don't know if this is common in all circles or not, but I have repeatedly heard of King Solomon's grave thru my rasta friends and countless reggae songs.

Most rastas and alot of reggae songs which discuss weed (marijuana) claim that it was found on the grave of King Solomon, which therefore makes the herb, the wise herb, and makes it beneficial and a gift from god.

Now I've been searching all over the net and can't find anything referencing the location of King Solomon's grave, any description etc, except for some band of the same name. Has anyone else ever heard of this and have any info or links that you can direct me to???

thanks in advance.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by worldwatcher]

Souljah

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:04 PM link
KANEH BOSM

THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING
PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE
EARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT
HAS FRUIT IN IT."
GENESIS 1:29-30

The Second Appearance of Cannabis in Old Testament
In Solomon's Song of Songs, one of the most beautifully written pieces in the Old Testament, Solomon mentions kaneh in describing his bride:

COME WITH ME FROM LEBANON, MY BRIDE, COME WITH ME FROM LEBANON.
DESCEND FROM THE CREST OF AMANA, FROM THE TOP OF SENIR, THE SUMMIT OF HERMON. . .

HOW DELIGHTFUL IS YOUR LOVE, MY SISTER, MY BRIDE! HOW MUCH MORE PLEASING IS YOUR LOVE THAN WINE, AND THE FRAGRANCE OF YOUR OINTMENT THAN ANY SPICE!. . .

THE FRAGRANCE OF YOUR GARMENTS IS LIKE THAT OF LEBANON. . .

YOUR PLANTS ARE AN ORCHARD OF POMEGRANATES WITH CHOICE FRUITS, WITH HENNA AND NARD, NARD AND SAFFRON, KANEH AND CINNAMON, WITH EVERY KIND OF INCENSE TREE.

SONG OF SONGS 4:8-14

In The Temple and the Lodge by Baigent and Leigh, the authors state that Solomon's 'Song of Songs' is a hymn and invocation to the Phoenician mother goddess Astarte. Astarte was known as "Queen of Heaven", "Star of the Sea" and "Stella Marris".
The authors show us that Astarte was conventionally worshiped on mountains and hilltops.

SOLOMON LOVED YAHWEH; HE FOLLOWED THE PRECEPTS OF DAVID HIS FATHER, EXCEPT THAT HE OFFERED SACRIFICE AND INCENSE ON THE HIGH PLACES.
I Kings 3:3.

WHEN SOLOMON GREW OLD HIS WIVES SWAYED HIS HEART TO OTHER GODS; AND HIS HEART WAS NOT WHOLLY WITH YAHWEH HIS GOD AS HIS FATHER DAVID'S HAD BEEN. SOLOMON BECAME A FOLLOWER OF ASTARTE, THE GODDESS OF THE SIDONIANS
I Kings 11:4-5

Solomon's practice of burning incense on high to the Queen of Heaven may have been a custom done in the same spirit as that of the Scythians, who burned cannabis in mountain caves and consecrated the act to their version of the Great Goddess, Tabiti-Hestia.
Archeological finds show that the worship of the old Canaanite gods was an integral part of the religion of the Hebrews, through to the very end of Hebrew monarchy. The worship of the Goddess played a much more important role in this popular religion than that of the gods.

but what do rasta say about that:

Among the Rastas, ganja is called by many names, such as *callie* and *Iley* which suggests the essence of the herb. Other names are "the herb," "the grass," "the weed," and so on. Sometimes called "the wisdom weed," it is said that the weed was first grown on the grave of King Solomon, the wisest man on the earth. When used in ritual contexts, the name became known as the "holy herb" as various scriptures are given as proof of its sanctity. The Rastafarians will say that God who created all things made the herb for human use and will cite Genesis 1:12 as their proof text:

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And

* ...thou shalt eat the herb of the field (Genesis 3:18).

* ...eat every herb of the land (Exodus 10:12).

* Better is a dinner of herb where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith (Proverbs 15:17).

* He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man. ...(Psalm 104:14).

These biblical texts are only a few of the many used by the cultists in defense of their rituals.

if you are wondering why "the second appereance":

The first mention of kaneh-bosm in the Old Testament appears with the prophet-shaman Moses. At the beginning of his shamanic career, Moses discovered the angel of the Lord in flames of fire from within a bush.

It is later in his life however, that a definite reference to cannabis is made. Sula Benet explains this reference as follows:

The sacred character of hemp in biblical times is evident from Exodus 30:22-33, where Moses was instructed by God to anoint the meeting tent and all its furnishings with specially prepared oil, containing hemp.

Anointing set sacred things apart from secular. The anointment of sacred objects was an ancient tradition in Israel: holy oil was not to be used for secular purposes...

Above all, the anointing oil was used for the installation rites of all Hebrew kings and priests.

THEN THE LORD SAID TO MOSES, "TAKE THE FOLLOWING FINE SPICES: 500 SHEKELS OF LIQUID MYRRH, HALF AS MUCH OF FRAGRANT CINNAMON, 250 SHEKELS OF KANNABOSM, 500 SHEKELS OF CASSIA - ALL ACCORDING TO THE SANCTUARY SHEKEL - AND A HIND OF OLIVE OIL. MAKE THESE INTO MAKE THESE INTO A SACRED ANNOITING OIL, A FRAGRANT BLEND, THE WORK OF A PERFUMER. IT WILL BE THE SACRED ANNOITING OIL.

THEN USE IT TO ANOINT THE TENT OF THE MEETING, THE ARK OF THE TESTIMONY, THE TABLE AND ALL ITS ARTICLES, THE LAMPSTAND AND ITS ACCESSORIES, THE ALTAR OF INCENSE, THE ALTAR OF BURNT OFFERING AND ALL ITS UTENSILS, AND THE BASIN WITH ITS STAND. YOU SHALL CONSECRATE THEM SO THEY WILL BE MOST HOLY, AND WHATEVER TOUCHES THEM WILL BE HOLY.

ANOINT AARON AND HIS SONS AND CONSECRATE THEM SO THEY MAY SERVE ME AS PREISTS. SAY TO THE ISRAELITES, "THIS IS TO BE MY SACRED ANOINTING OIL FOR THE GENERATIONS TO COME. DO NOT POUR IT ON MEN'S BODIES AND DO NOT MAKE ANY OIL WITH THE SAME FORMULA. IT IS SACRED, AND YOU ARE TO CONSIDER IT SACRED. WHOEVER MAKES PERFUME LIKE IT AND WHOEVER PUTS IT ON ANYONE OTHER THAN A PREIST MUST BE CUT OFF FROM HIS PEOPLE."

EXODUS 30:22-33

more about cannabis in old testament here
more about templar knights and cannabis here

worldwatcher

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:24 PM link
thank you so very much, I'll start reading now.

btw, I'm still looking for info on the location of Solomon's grave, and if ever it was found, etc, etc.

Thanks` for sharin

EB .

Rgd

Veteran
will tune into this:

will be germing

OH x KB and JH xKB...i hear they both are tall skinny long flower offspring

yeh we'll see

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
RGD if ya wanna post em here you are more than welcome to. I have gotten hopefully enough plants to find a male and female for reproduction so I don't feel stupid in the future for losing it if I fail to do my best lol anyways will post pics here in a week or two when all plants are going rather than pics of youngins not past the cotyledons yet

Rgd

Veteran
"Most rastas and alot of reggae songs which discuss weed (marijuana) claim that it was found on the grave of King Solomon, which therefore makes the herb, the wise herb, and makes it beneficial and a gift from god. "

to be fair to rastas and history..

they smoke alotta weed..also the rasta stories seem to defy time and space

as if they can be living in the past and present ..

also sometimes .........."if it sounds good"

..demma go wit dat

emperor..thanks will do that when i see something worth uploading

therevverend

Veteran
The (insert holy man's name)'s grave cannabis plant stories go way way back. Probably to Shiva. In Pakistan, Afghanistan, and other central Asian countries there's a tradition of growing cannabis at the graves of Sufi mystics. You'll go to one of these shrines and there'll be a stoned holy man hanging out growing ganja. Baba Ku, the archetype of hashish babas who introduced ganja to the Afghan people, has a ganja grave. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmf15DUh3-u/

The legendary Sheik Haidar in Persia introduced ganja to the Sufis there. He decreed that hashish should be planted on his grave. There's legends about the Sufi master Sidi Hidi in Morocco having ganja growing at his grave. Or mint or tobacco.

It's not surprising it's the same thing with the Rastas and King Solomon's grave. All these stories include elements that defy time and space and logic but those things aren't important when you're smoking good hashish.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Thank you guys for the contributions i am honoured :tiphat: plan on putting pic up tomorrow as my light just turned off Jah bless

Elmer Bud

Veteran
The (insert holy man's name)'s grave cannabis plant stories go way way back. Probably to Shiva. In Pakistan, Afghanistan, and other central Asian countries there's a tradition of growing cannabis at the graves of Sufi mystics. You'll go to one of these shrines and there'll be a stoned holy man hanging out growing ganja. Baba Ku, the archetype of hashish babas who introduced ganja to the Afghan people, has a ganja grave. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmf15DUh3-u/

The legendary Sheik Haidar in Persia introduced ganja to the Sufis there. He decreed that hashish should be planted on his grave. There's legends about the Sufi master Sidi Hidi in Morocco having ganja growing at his grave. Or mint or tobacco.

It's not surprising it's the same thing with the Rastas and King Solomon's grave. All these stories include elements that defy time and space and logic but those things aren't important when you're smoking good hashish.

G `day T Rev

I`m a mystic man ;
I`m a man of the past , but I`m living in the present .
And I`m steppin in the future .

I man don`t ...

The grave thang . Its in The Golden Triangle too . Long neck tribal legend says a woman died and opium and tobacco grew on her grave .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
G `day T Rev

I`m a mystic man ;
I`m a man of the past , but I`m living in the present .
And I`m steppin in the future .

I man don`t ...

The grave thang . Its in The Golden Triangle too . Long neck tribal legend says a woman died and opium and tobacco grew on her grave .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Good evening Elmer, citing peter tosh you have all my love, because I'm a fan of Peter ...

Well, I'm a loyal Rasta, but I do not believe much in the stories of ganjah on the tomb of King Solomon, or the mythical black ganjah of Gojjam Valley, they are just legends, beautiful, but simple legends ...
As previously mentioned by EB, the Indians introduced the ganjah (collie herb, tampee, ganjah), not the africana slaves(If someone arrested you, beating you, taking you away and selling you as slaves after a hellish and exhausting journey, would you bring cannabis seeds?)

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Good evening Elmer, citing peter tosh you have all my love, because I'm a fan of Peter ...

Well, I'm a loyal Rasta, but I do not believe much in the stories of ganjah on the tomb of King Solomon, or the mythical black ganjah of Gojjam Valley, they are just legends, beautiful, but simple legends ...
As previously mentioned by EB, the Indians introduced the ganjah (collie herb, tampee, ganjah), not the africana slaves(If someone arrested you, beating you, taking you away and selling you as slaves after a hellish and exhausting journey, would you bring cannabis seeds?)

G `day WD

I have been a fan of Peter Tosh since the 80s .
Its only the last few years I have learnt to play and sing his songs .

I hear them with different ears since getting "inside " the tunes .

Peter was the 1st guy I heard speak of cannabis as a medicine .

" Only cure for glaucoma "

I think of myself as a mystic man as Peter describes it . I carry on traditions , while living in the moment and embracing technology and learning .
I was baptised a catholic . Rejected religions in my teens . Never gone back .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Rgd

Veteran
update..

started gifted old..Oh x KB and JH x KB

have ONE JH x KB up..we'll see what the leaf shape is.

.may get another sprout i dunno

......we'll see ...hope it a female

Rgd

Veteran
the JH x kb cross is growing well..it still has wide leaves[ at this point anyway]

and does not resemble ska master lee scratch perry's

skinny leaf sativa beauty

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
the JH x kb cross is growing well..it still has wide leaves[ at this point anyway]

and does not resemble ska master lee scratch perry's

skinny leaf sativa beauty

I got two females and one male I would definitely think that this breed is perhaps an Indian Landrace that made it's way to (JA) unless there's African Landrace that are more spice like with some pheno that have a citrus touch took clones too to select my favorite for breeding and headstash :D

Definitely look forward to how your strain smokes bless up

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
2 males and a female somewhere on the right with narrow leaves that is shorter than the orhers as she will flower for 15 weeks possibly longer will be lst the lady as the males have a few more weeks left before a couple plants take their place

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So here are the pictures that all who care to watch the Jamaican Kings Bread grow in the second week of flowering gonna be third soon in five or so days as you all can see no "palm tree expression" from these plants these are the Narrow Leaf expressions very spicey like smell unique of its own kind and these are grown 100% STRICTLY organic so we can see what nature would offer excluding the rich Home soil of Jamaica ;)

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I love how the female branches when topped i will be low stress training her very carefully to finish the full 15-16 weeks of flowering shes had her second flowering Actively Aerated Compost Tea and is really loving the CMH lighting :)

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

Jamaican Kings Bread IBL beginning her 4 th week of flower and another 11 weeks to go smells coming out now are a bit on the citrus side very intrigued by this Heirloom from Jamaica and plan to run some more next year some time after the Acapulco Gold and Chocolate Thai comin' up in the future

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day E

I think your flower time is gonna be shorter than 100 + days .
If it has stopped stretching and has pistils in 4 weeks I think 70 to 80 days is going to see her finished .

Old school sats need more than a month to show sex let alone start to form buds .

Break a leg .

Thanks for sharin

EB .