What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican Kings Bread

H

HemperorsKnight

Ok so here's another thread by ya friendly neighborhood Hemperorsknight lol this thread is going to be about my Kings bread I acquired from a anonymous friend who visits JA often to get these beautiful genetics now lore on this strain is that it was found on King Solomons grave..... Not sure if I believe that entirely but this strain may have been grown on the blue hills of Jamaica I have one seed that made it through outta 2 others but we're still anticipating the other two as heirlooms n landraces are harder to germinate will add picture of the sprout after it's cotyledons are out and exposed

C

Columbo

Nice :)

Are these are recent or older collection? Are the Jamaican blue hills the same as the Jamaican Blue Mountains region?

Best of luck for the grow.

Peace

H

HemperorsKnight

Nice :)

Are these are recent or older collection? Are the Jamaican blue hills the same as the Jamaican Blue Mountains region?

Best of luck for the grow.

Peace

I'm not entirely sure Leafly states blue mountains so it may be so let me ask my friend and see if my friend can get info from the guy who keeps this preserved I was blessed to get these stay tuned for the grow show there's more to come still waiting on a few if they don't we'll do a few a time till we get enough plants to maybe make more and preserve this lady blessed be
One love
-Hemperorsknight
:tiphat:

Limeygreen

Veteran
I can't remember where I had heard this or even if it is near true at all. Lambsbread apparently referred to a nld first cut then kings breathe was when it revegged and flowered again allowing for a second cut from the same plant.

H

HemperorsKnight

I can't remember where I had heard this or even if it is near true at all. Lambsbread apparently referred to a nld first cut then kings breathe was when it revegged and flowered again allowing for a second cut from the same plant.

No, they're different. Kings bread is known for a citrus like aroma with cheesey undertones wen smoked it becomes a light citrus note to a strong cheese flavor as where lambs bread is like a spicy flavor the lambs bread is unique like the Kings bread :)

H

HemperorsKnight

So here's Jamaican Kings Bread again haha... Stay tuned in a few weeks when I update this thread we have till 9 weeks of veg before we flip so we can take clones and what not see you all then ;)

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

This plant had a fuckin growth spurt fam! Stay tuned next updates will be in two weeks again more likely gonna do another transplant as these grow roots quicker than I can keep up with em hahaha

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So the next update may be a bit longer right now the plant is pre-sexing so after we will do a second to the last vegetation picture update before the flowering.... and when I flower if it's a female we will keep this going strong with a jamaican female kings bread or male and updates on possible pollination and the creation of jamaican kings bread x's

Blessed Be and One Love
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
No, they're different. Kings bread is known for a citrus like aroma with cheesey undertones wen smoked it becomes a light citrus note to a strong cheese flavor as where lambs bread is like a spicy flavor the lambs bread is unique like the Kings bread :)

^^^ That is all bollox, every fecking word

There's no cheesy hint to either Kings Bread or Lambs Bread, nor citrus

I was smoking these in Jamaica in the 80's & 90's, ever since then there's been no true example of each anywhere on the Island .... Sure they'll sell you some, but who are you to know it's not real

Both strains are 100% sativa, grow to 20+ ft tall and take 7 months to flower .... I tried Kings Bread indoors, no way can you keep the plant small enough to flower

They're not grown outside of Maroon country now because they're so big the JDF helicopters have no problem locating them ...the only Maroon area I know that may grow some is Cockpit Country on the west end of the Island, everywhere else the air is thick with pollen from the thousands of abandoned grows now self seeded

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I was quoting what i researched for flavor\smell and the plant and seeds are real deal i dont acquire genetics from unreliable sources the smells and flavors can vary there are many variables......

I know that jkb is sativa and im also aware of the different growth patterns each pheno may express like the palm tree like pheno which I have growing right now and the narrow leaf typical sativa look pheno......Imo maybe jkb came from India maybe somewhere from Africa

Stay tuned for the next updates as I aim to get this plant to grow indoors so maybe this thread can be a tool on helping people learn to grow jkb indoors with success

Blessed Be and One Love
-Hemperorsknight\Emperortaima

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Will people still watch this thread if it's put into 2 chapters? 1) being the finish of this male jamaican kings bread and maybe the lucky girls who get knocked up by him, and, 2) when I pop more once my room has the room will continue this thread with females and phenotype comparisons and smoke report just wanna see how the mag feels about this bless up and one love!

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Here's another update on the male that will help me produce more kings bread and also be responsible for many soon to come f1 outcrosses just some pollen chucking projects to see what I will be working with

King's Bread >>

Rare Pheno

Just got a 30 pack of Jamaican landrace a friend brought me, always grown from seed for many generations of his family.

Are there multiple Jamaican landrace strains? I'm excited to try the exotic genetics, but doubting much variation in the seeds I was gifted.

Good Luck breeding with it, I hope its frosty and stacks nicely ;]

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Just got a 30 pack of Jamaican landrace a friend brought me, always grown from seed for many generations of his family.

Are there multiple Jamaican landrace strains? I'm excited to try the exotic genetics, but doubting much variation in the seeds I was gifted.

Good Luck breeding with it, I hope its frosty and stacks nicely ;]

Hey! And the correct term is Heirloom not Landrace for Jamaica and indeed there is quite a few out there hope you find something good in there man
Blessed Be and One Love

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was smoking lambsbred in the late 70s and early 80s and way back then it was £25 a Q,,
lot of money back then for a Q !,,,,,,
Directly from the dreads,,best cannabis i have ever smoked and Totally no taste of cheese lol,,,,,spicy? yes,,,,,bag appeal -1 lol,,,,,,citric -no way jose,,,,s2

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
i was smoking lambsbred in the late 70s and early 80s and way back then it was £25 a Q,,
lot of money back then for a Q !,,,,,,
Directly from the dreads,,best cannabis i have ever smoked and Totally no taste of cheese lol,,,,,spicy? yes,,,,,bag appeal -1 lol,,,,,,citric -no way jose,,,,s2

The cheese and citrus came from leafly and other sources and also the Lambs bread is a different strain it's Not King's Bread so please do not misconstrue that fact and tha lb is what I stated was spicy because I have smoked it not grown it... yet when I get the seeds I'll open a thread on that but for now we focus on jkb